Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1)this game is hard,you can't really save anywhere you want.If you die a few times you have to start the friggen level over.

2)there's a slight static noise on the going to Utapau file.There's nothing I can do about it since I hear it in the game itself no matter how loud I set the music,and I have a high end soundcard.

K.M.

How long does it take before you can be Aayla Secula?I've been wandering in Felucia for a while,destroying turrets.I got long bits of the Anakin Dooku duel from AotC,I think,and an unidentified fanfare when I died(the end of something,not complete)

woah,this game is graphics intensive.i have a Radeon 9800 pro and I had to turn down the friggen shadows on Felucia because I slowed to a crawl.

So I'm near the Goodbye Old Friend then ..back to killing stuff then.

Edit :I've got the complete Goodbye Old Friend now. 8O I'll send it out to Vosk or Cerrabore.

Now I can relax and enjoy the game.It's a fun game.I bought it to get the music but I don't regret it at all.The space dog fighting is spectacular.

I've heard a little bit of Palpatine's Big Pitch in the Felucia intro,but I can't remove the voices.I'm sure there's a lot more unreleased music lurking.

I'll check out the RotS DVD now.I think Padme's Funeral and opening of the A Home for the Twins can be ripped very clean,even on the English DVD.

K.M.

...Aayla should be avaliable after that.

She said she still wouldn't go out with me, though. 8O

I was up until 3:00 AM playing this game last night with a friend (on Xbox, before you ask :mrgreen:), and I did hear the cue when I got to play as Aayla.

Well,it's ripped now.Sound quality is good,but not stellar.Not better than Cerrabore's demo files.I don't think much more can be expected from these games.

K.M.

Is there any chance I could reap the harvest of your hard work? Could you send some of that unreleased music my way? Please. Pretty Please! :|bowdownbowdown

I am humbled by you skills and your tenacity. Please! I beg on my knees (I really am on my knees before my computer here. Do not make me crawl on the floor.) bowdownbowdownbowdown I have no skills to do it on my own. I would like to hear that wonderful ROTS unreleased music.

Well,at this point it should be on the ftp so you can download it very soon.I can't upload tracks by e-mail to everyone,I have a dial up connection and it takes forever!So I just send what I find to people that can upload them for everyone.

Of course some editng is needed.Going to Utapau has to be made from the file I just ripped(opening),the one Cerrabore ripped from the demo(middle part),and the ending is on the old Galaxies file.

K.M.

Well,at this point it should be on the ftp so you can download it very soon.

K.M.

FTP? My IT knowledge end short of anything important. I should know much more besides starting Firefox so what does that means in layman's (= explain to dumbasses ) language? Where I can download the music?

I kno I know. A Wizard should know better :| But I do not.

I don't even know what ftp means exactly either.But it means where the game files are.Have you been following this thread at all?Making an expanded RotS is hard work,you at least have to read this thread carefully!

Also,I've listened to the rear DVD channels for the ending of It Can't Be.IF the needed section can't be found in a game file,than I think a combined edit of what's on the Mygetto trailer and the DVD might get us that section cleanly.The explosions are placed in such a way that this may work.

K.m.

I don't even know what ftp means exactly either.But it means where the game files are.Have you been following this thread at all?Making an expanded RotS is hard work,you at least have to read this thread carefully!

K.m.

:oops: :oops: I have followed this thread only periodically but it seems more careful scrutinizing is in order. Thanks for your answer!

Hey, when you guys are on, like, page 58, and you have settled and finalized your completed score for RotS, send me a PM with a link... :|

Tim, who contributed absolutely nothing to this thread

I just barely woke up and it's 4:50am here. Nice to have something to wake up to. Skylark is online but I don't think at his pc. I'll see if Cerra will be online tonight ...either way it'll get to one of the guys.

I sent the other file to Skylark last night whether he put the file on the server, not sure.

W00T!!!! W00T!!!!!

king mark, you're the best!!! You are the Master Jedi!!! :|

Can't wait to get this stuff off the ftp!

EDIT: Cool, my 100th post! I'm a regular poster!

The files are in the FTP and there are links to it from this thread but none work. What gives?

Check this link. Scroll the page and you'll find that the cue 1M5, placed between 1M6 "Count Dooku's Entrance" and 1M4A "Get 'Em, R2!", IS titled "The Elevator Scene". If you play the last minutes of "Star Wars and The Revenge of the Sith" the music matches that scene. Also, there ISN'T a cue recorded for the crash landing scene (you can notice that the music for that scene, which should have been "2M2", isn't there; it also happens with other cues, like 3M4 or 5M2, and in every case the respective scene in the film is scored with tracked music).

To clear any doubts... You'll find an untitled cue before what-would-have-been-2M2: it's agreed that 2M1 is "Grievous and the Droids", which scores the fight on the bridge of Grievous' ship.

Ah. Thanks for that. I supposed you must've been sure. At least I know you really ARE sure now. :|

I was wondering, because I still do think it would've worked well with that scene. Does anyone agree with me that "The Elevator Scene" would make a good score for the crash landing scene? Or am I alone on that one? Ah... Well... Who cares? bowdown

BTW: FTP stands for File Fransfer Protocol. It allows you to put files on webspace somewhere. If you have the link and login codes.

The files are in the FTP and there are links to it from this thread but none work. What gives?

That's just a coding error or something. They will probably give you a link to the existing FTP, they just don't give it to completely new members or something. It's just like typing http://

Why is it that I can't open the link to it? That is still unclear. Do I need special software or what?

Why is it that I can't open the link to it? That is still unclear. Do I need special software or what?

There are no links to the FTP in this thread. That would be against the boards rules.

Neil

Shookbaer asked me how to rip rear channels with a software,but I still don't know how.So if someone can PM him with advise...

For now I asked him to do the same thing he did before (he rips them with his audio hi fi system)with those specific dialogue cues:

Revisiting Padme

Be Carefull of your Friend

Palpatine Instructs Anakin

News of the Attack pt 2

It Can't Be pt 1

Plans ofor the twins better bitrate

K.M.

There's some other stuff in the game that I haven't had the chance to record yet, including...

The opening of Yoda Strikes Back.

The unedited Senate cue from Phantom Menace.

The ending of It Can't Be.

The unused middle section of The Elevator Scene.

There's some other stuff in the game that I haven't had the chance to record yet, including...

the ending of It Can't Be.

on what planet?That's great news,really.

K.M.

The opening of Yoda Strikes Back.

The unedited Senate cue from Phantom Menace.

The ending of It Can't Be.

The unused middle section of The Elevator Scene.

RECORD IT!! NOW!!

...please? :wave:

Does anyone agree with me that "The Elevator Scene" would make a good score for the crash landing scene?

Since I first read the complete cue list, then I bought the CD and finally I watched the movie (I was already spoiled enough to do all these things in this order), it sounded very much "The Elevator Scene"-like to me. I figured out that the last minutes were indeed "The Elevator Scene". Then I watched the movie and didn't hear it. Then I read this thread and discovered I was right. But well, on second thought... If they used "The Elevator Scene" to score the crash landing scene, I would be happy because I wouldn't have heard that "Duel of the Fates" rendition in its wrong place in the movie... (do anyone else remember, "Beneath the tongue-root a fight most dread / and another raging, behind, in the head"...)

Is it just me or that cue on the site "anakin and sebulba," on the normal recording... does it have like... a "boop" on it. Everytime I hear it I'm like... what is that? it doesn't sound like an instrument buty et it kinda sounds intune with what's going on. ... I'm guessing a digital boop from the machine?

I've got some more DVD rips from the German DVD.There's no dialogue echoes,but there's still wind,spaceships..ect...It's much better than what we can get from the US version.I've told the guy to e-mail them to Cerrabore.

The ending of Be Carefull of Your Friend is my new favourite part of the score of the day.

K.M.

Is it just me or that cue on the site "anakin and sebulba," on the normal recording... does it have like... a "boop" on it. Everytime I hear it I'm like... what is that? it doesn't sound like an instrument buty et it kinda sounds intune with what's going on. ... I'm guessing a digital boop from the machine?

It's added precussion I think that the game designers added themselves.

Thanks for the MP3s, KM! :) "Goodbye Old Friend" and "Going to Utapau" have been uploaded to the FTP (goodbye_old_friend.mp3, going_utapau.mp3), and the track list has been updated. I am adding these files as I receive them, pretty much.

It's added precussion I think that the game designers added themselves.

First take of the cue. Percussion was apparently toned down by Williams after reviewing the recording.

The board's automatic HTML formatting converts ftp period into a link - FTP. That is all.

That is a mix of "Palpatine's TV Set" and "Goodbye Old Friend."

Track list has been updated upon consultation with John Takis. See "Palpatine's Seduction" and "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

I think I have one minor correction for "Going to Utupau":

BF2 going_moving 2:04.5-2:08.5

...should be...

BF2 going_moving 2:02.5-2:08.5

However, it's still a somewhat rough edit. (I did double check the movie to be sure.)

Hey. All the DVD cues I ripped from ROTS are on the FTP (there's 30 + the choir only alt version of Duel). Vosk will be sending me the cues he made from the pre-planned tracked cues as well.

(and for people that rip just the rear channels...there are times that the front channels have less SFX in places and I switch between them to give the best one)

I still am going to be doing the menus and documentaries tomorrow probably.

Thanks. God bless.

~Sky