Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I must've been tired when I typed that because I didn't even catch that. I meant to say that, as it was listed, that's how it appeared in the film to my recollection, and it sounded great. Why was it changed?

I checked the film last night, and that bit is definitely from "Palpatine's Seduction". (The fact that the BF2 clip matches up with the film confirms it.) I didn't check "Palpatine Instructs Anakin", but it must be a similar piece.

I think I've recorded Yoda Strikes Back.Plus,.there was a bunch of percussive cues on Felucia which seem to go in the final AotC duels

K.M.Who hasn't studied these cues very well.

Goodbye old friend and going to udapau files quality is a bt scratchy, any chance we can get a cleaner recording

Well,if anyone can get a better recording,great.So far none of the BF 2 files are perfect.I think these files aren't exactly super hi fi.Like I said,I tried several settings and this is the best it will come out.I hear faint noise in the game itself so it's not in the recording process itself.If you boost the volume to match the c.d.,then you get amplified noise too.

Maybe recording directly from a line out from the X-BOX version might have better sound.Just a thought.

K.M.

i have been bussy these last days.

What and How is called the new BFII music?

What things are usable from the DVD?

Goodbye Old Friend and Going to Utapau

so far usable from the DVD:

Plan for the Twins,ripped from German release,minus the Droid Wipe part

Padme's Funeral and A Home For The Twins,Skylark rip.Personally I made a shortened version to remove the TIE fighter and crowd noises.

I Am The Senate,rip from German release,about 20 seconds when Mace enters Palpatine's office and confronts him.

None ofl the German DVD rips have dialogue echoes.

k.M.

I'm redoing my complete score and deciding whether to make it a true Film Version thing, or whether I should leave out nasty edits...

Personally, I'm recording it as complete as possible, but leaving out nasty edits. Your first attempt was great, sound effects and all, and I gobbled it up, but now that we're getting enough additional music to make additional complete (or near complete) tracks, why bother with the SFX, you know?

So, reading the past efw pages, I'm not exactly sure what's going on? Do we have any new music or not? What can we expect from Cerrabore, or what have we already found that we didn't have since we got I Am the Senate and Count Dooku's Entrance? I read the stuff about Goodbye Old Friend, but odn't really understand. Do we have the full force theme and complete cue now? What exactly are we waiting on Cerrabore for, just checking for new music, or is there new music we've found that we're waiting for him to get?

t    

So, reading the past efw pages, I'm not exactly sure what's going on?  Do we have any new music or not?  What can we expect from Cerrabore, or what have we already found that we didn't have since we got I Am the Senate and Count Dooku's Entrance?  I read the stuff about Goodbye Old Friend, but odn't really understand. Do we have the full force theme and complete cue now?  What exactly are we waiting on Cerrabore for, just checking for new music, or is there new music we've found that we're waiting for him to get?

It's a team effort!Cerrabore is sort of counted on to upload the best sources cues on the ftp.I send out what I find in the game to Vosk..

right now we have :

1)OST

2)Game Cues:Yes,Goodbye Old Friend (Full Force theme)is complete now,you have to check the dates on the ftp files(Going to Utapau is also complete with the missing Force theme segment)These are the 2 cues we got since Dooku's Entrance

3))DVD rips:For the otherwise non available Dialogue cues such as Revisiting Padme,Be Carefull of Your Friend,It Can't Be pt 1,News of the Attack pt 2,Palpatine's Big Pitch,Plan for the Twins and a few others,the German rip is best,because there's no dialogue echos.That should be available eventually.

4)LordSkylark rip:I've listened to Padme's Funeral and A Home for the Twins and there excellent with minor sound effects.

k.M.

Aside from minor wizzing sounds (I think a couple of ships passing, and very quiet), it sounds like the section of Anakin's Dream is clean. I didn't hear any dialogue.

Why was Palpatine Instructs Anakin changed? As it was was it was like it was in the film, and sounded great. Why was the beginning cut out of the list?

John Takis proved that the clip of the Emperor's theme actually belongs in "Palpatine's Seduction." The Emperor's theme from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" is thus not released.

It's a team effort!Cerrabore is sort of counted on to upload the best sources cues on the ftp.I send out what I find in the game to Vosk..

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I realize it's definitely a team effort. I was curious as to what we already had, or specific things that we were waiting on, since Cerrabore and Skylark have access to putting the files up on the ftp. I realize many people are invovled with getting these things out, including yourself, and appreciate it. I'm just trying to get straight the happenings since BF2 came out.

Ah, so what we thought was Palpatine Instructs Anakin (at least the beginning part) is just moved to a different track, not gone?

There's something wrong with the end of Padme's Funeral in the film,it's "warbly".I tought it was an artifact of Sk lark's rip but it's not.

K.M.

It was mentioned that if someone could record the music directly with a line out from the X-Box it might be better.

I havn't yet bought BFII, but that's how I recorded the music from the demo disk back a few weeks ago--"Get 'em R2"...

If it would make it easier and sound better, I can go get the game and do the same...

I'm redoing my complete score and deciding whether to make it a true Film Version thing, or whether I should leave out nasty edits...

Personally, I would (and will) do a Version As Intended By Williams, no reason to include nasty edits or tracked material... :)

It was mentioned that if someone could record the music directly with a line out from the X-Box it might be better.

I havn't yet bought BFII, but that's how I recorded the music from the demo disk back a few weeks ago--"Get 'em R2"...  

If it would make it easier and sound better, I can go get the game and do the same...

Yes,that would be great.Get Em R2 sounds very good.and there might be some other extra cues in the X-box version.

K.M.

weee... ok

Other question... has anyone solved what I call the "stupid fade" at about 4:00 into "Boys go to Battle." I've been working on my edit--based on the film--and I can't get that STUPID fade right because the way it is in the film, the horn is playing a high D and in the recording on the cd it's playing a G# and they don't fade right and the only way I could achieve it was through use of some DVD material which of course has some enguine noise...

Anyone else figure out how to fix this? Also, if this is possible, maybe that segment could be ripped from the dvd? It's from right before Anakin says "They're comming around"... just like...10 seconds worth would totally do it...

EDIT: Actually... only do this if you have the chance or want to... nevermind it really... I've worked it out lol

Wait!

I think I've solved the static issue in the files.

I'm going to re-record Going to Utapau and Goodbye Old Friend.I *think* it was cause by my headphone wire dangling where it shouldn't and causing interferance

I doest shall report later,

K.M.

I'm going to re-record Going to Utapau and Goodbye Old Friend

If you can, continue recording "Goodbye Old Friend" (if I recall correctly, the previous recording with "The Senate" before "Goodbye Old Friend" continued for some other notes...)

Good news,I'm getting much better quality recordings now.Before I was setting my recording to "What U Hear",now I set it to WAVE.Sounds a lot better.I think I was picking up some unwanted noises before.

I'll send them to Cerrabore again later.

K.M.

The music has been a great help and I think I am going to dabble little with music editing now :)

The unreleased cues (even partial cues) sound wonderful and I have a whole new respect for the music of ROTS.

Question - are the finished/complete/edited cues going to be put up on the FTP eventually? I'd love to hear the opening space battle in its entirety!

John Takis proved that the clip of the Emperor's theme actually belongs in "Palpatine's Seduction." The Emperor's theme from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" is thus not released.

I've also come to believe that the quote of the Emperor's Theme immediately after Vader's "knighting" *might* be tracked. It sounds too suspiciously like a quote later in the film ... and some splicing (and it's very well-done, if that's what it is) could account for the chunk of music we have on the soundtrack album that does not appear in the film.

Furthermore, I have studied "I Am The Senate" VERY carefully. I have determined that the mp3 file should simply play from 0:40-end without editing or interruption. Listen carefully to the DVD channels, and you will hear how oddly the Force Theme quote is faded in at the beginning of that scene, with the echo of a drum hit. It sounds tracked -- as I believe it is. And there is a very awkward edit in the film that points to the cue being chopped up (remember, this scene was heavily rewritten and partially refilmed late in the game). If you begin the cue AFTER the presumed tracked Force Theme passage, the music plays continuously to the point where 0:40 on the mp3 comes in. The track can then be allowed to play through, all awkward editing or tracking avoided. Only the final note, with some other cue beginning before fading out, needs to be replaced.

I'd suggest getting Goldwave and editing them yourself because I doubt they're going to put any completed cues up on the ftp and distribute them.

This is true. Cerra said earlier that complete edited files will not be put on the server. So bondo you have to edit your own files just like everyone else. Sorry.

you will hear how oddly the Force Theme quote is faded in at the beginning of that scene, with the echo of a drum hit. It sounds tracked -- as I believe it is.

After listening carefully to the track n. 19 of the DVD Rip on the ftp (titled "I Am the Senate"), I have begun wondering if ALL the cue was re-edited for the film. Just listen to 1.20-1.37, for example: in the mp3 we got from "Trials of Obi-Wan" it's featured just before the final orchestra blows end the cue (yes, this extract has additional percussion or it's an alternate take, but it's there). In the DVD Rip you CAN hear the first of the blows at 1.37... but the duel is still going on. Also, other edit are evident in the same DVD track at 0.06, 1.20 and probably at 1.56...

P.S.: giving the the fact that skylark has done a wonderful job in ripping the DVD, I'm led to assume that these edits are not HIS fault. Also, consider that all those bad edits are covered in the movie with SFX.

Skylarks' DVD rip Dueling With Grievous track is SFX and dialogue free for the most part. The only parts that I've caught (and I got too excited so I stopped listening to maybe the last third) that have any noise are parts with music we already have. The only problem is the DVD rip quality doesn't match up with the other files. I hadn't seen anyone else mention this before, so I thought I would.

EDIT: As for I am the Senate, I always assumed it was tracked and edited because the cue in the film is MUCH longer than the cue we have.

There are two sequences though for "I Am The Senate" that are not released. I can tell trust me lol. The piece where Palpatine leap rolls towards Mace and the other Jedi then right after Anakin lands at Palpatine's office and Mace and Palpatine are still fighting up to the point just after they break the glass to Palpatine's office window then the rest of it is tracked until the big horns come blaring in towards the end of the cue.

Though the two pieces may sound the same but they are different.

In case anyone is interested, here's how a film edit of Obi-Wan Fares Droids/Drawing Swords/Grievous Attacks/Fighting With Grievous would go...well, at least the beginning. I haven't finished it.

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:00-0:06

SDVD (Skylark's DVD) 16 - Dueling With Grievous :10-1:10.5

OST 1 1:16.5-1:26.5

Unreleased "Reinforcements Arrive"

I just edited it together, but the sound quality between the DVD rip is just too bad, even when you boost the volume, when compared to the rest of the track.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I'm trying to find a good ending to Rolling With Grievous (OST 5 segment), but I can't edit one. Has anyone else been successful in making a better sounding end?

This is true.  Cerra said earlier that complete edited files will not be put on the server.  So bondo you have to edit your own files just like everyone else.  Sorry.

Bah, don't have the time. I'll just wait for the official release then

You guys keep mentioning the FTP, but you never mention the link... is it intended only for specific people? (I'm sorry, I've been really excited about the Battlefront II collection of additional music, hence why I joined the forum. I have been trying to extract it myself, but if it all is being uploaded to an FTP...)

In case anyone is interested, here's how a film edit of Obi-Wan Fares Droids/Drawing Swords/Grievous Attacks/Fighting With Grievous would go...well, at least the beginning. I haven't finished it.

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:00-0:06

SDVD (Skylark's DVD) 16 - Dueling With Grievous :10-1:10.5

OST 1  1:16.5-1:26.5

Unreleased "Reinforcements Arrive"

I just edited it together, but the sound quality between the DVD rip is just too bad, even when you boost the volume, when compared to the rest of the track.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I'm trying to find a good ending to Rolling With Grievous (OST 5 segment), but I can't edit one. Has anyone else been successful in making a better sounding end?

That's too complicated for me.That's the only part of the score (Grevious action material)I'm not interested in breaking up in detail because in the end it sounds about the same

K.M.Who has left the abum tracks General Grevious and Grevious and the Droids unaltered.,

Hey all, I've been busy going through the full Battlefront 2 today. I can't upload most of the files until tomorrow, but for now you can have fun with "departing_intro.mp3" and "arrival_kamino_intro.mp3." There was really more AotC material than RotS this time around. Here's what I found:

RotS:

- Film versions of "Boys into Battle" and "Enter Lord Vader" (drums, drums, DRUMS)

- It Can't Be (partially extended as KM mentioned)

- Totally unknown music (uses the motif from "Palpatine's Seduction")

- Get 'Em R-2! (doesn't cut off like the previous recording, but there's really nothing else to it)

- Unreleased "Elevator Scene" music (only ten seconds or so)

- "I Am the Senate" and "Count Dooku's Entrance" (same as in Galaxies, but higher quality)

AotC:

- Film version of end of "Zam the Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant" (with Separatist theme)

- Part of "Emergency Powers" cue with tracked TPM music proceding it

- "Confrontation with Count Dooku" large section

- "Yoda Strikes Back" several parts

- Short percussion bit (probably from "The Chase Through Coruscant")

TPM:

- A few bits in higher quality

- Alternate version of "Take To Your Ships" with some different instrumentation

Furthermore, I have studied "I Am The Senate" VERY carefully. I have determined that the mp3 file should simply play from 0:40-end without editing or interruption. Listen carefully to the DVD channels, and you will hear how oddly the Force Theme quote is faded in at the beginning of that scene, with the echo of a drum hit. It sounds tracked -- as I believe it is. And there is a very awkward edit in the film that points to the cue being chopped up (remember, this scene was heavily rewritten and partially refilmed late in the game). If you begin the cue AFTER the presumed tracked Force Theme passage, the music plays continuously to the point where 0:40 on the mp3 comes in. The track can then be allowed to play through, all awkward editing or tracking avoided. Only the final note, with some other cue beginning before fading out, needs to be replaced.

Not sure what you are saying. Is it possible to synch the MP3 with the film, starting at 0:40, and if so at what point? Also, you have to factor in the Emperor's theme and the tracking of "Drawing Swords" during the beginning of the confrontation. It fits like a glove if you leave the cue beginning with the Force theme as in the film (dropping off after the Emperor's theme ends because the game file apparently cuts to later in the cue).

The BF2 file of I am the Senate is missing several portions compared to the Galaxies one.Those AotC transitionnal fanfares are cool,but there's not much to do with them except wedge them in between album tracks.

K.M.

Hey all, I've been busy going through the full Battlefront 2 today. I can't upload most of the files until tomorrow, but for now you can have fun with "departing_intro.mp3" and "arrival_kamino_intro.mp3." There was really more AotC material than RotS this time around. Here's what I found:

RotS:

- Film versions of "Boys into Battle" and "Enter Lord Vader" (drums, drums, DRUMS)

- It Can't Be (partially extended as KM mentioned)

- Totally unknown music (uses the motif from "Palpatine's Seduction")

- Get 'Em R-2! (doesn't cut off like the previous recording, but there's really nothing else to it)

- Unreleased "Elevator Scene" music (only ten seconds or so)

- "I Am the Senate" and "Count Dooku's Entrance" (same as in Galaxies, but higher quality)

AotC:

- Film version of end of "Zam the Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant" (with Separatist theme)

- Part of "Emergency Powers" cue with tracked TPM music proceding it

- "Confrontation with Count Dooku" large section

- "Yoda Strikes Back" several parts

- Short percussion bit (probably from "The Chase Through Coruscant")

:( WOW that is MOST excellent news!

I'm glad you got the game Cerra.