John Williams in Berlin?!? (June 2006)

TownerFan

Oh, my... could this be the right time for us poor European JW lovers?!?

From the Berliner Philharmoniker website:

WALDBÜHNE, BERLIN

So 18. Juni 2006 20:30 h

Berliner Philharmoniker

John Williams - Hollywood at the Waldbühne

Programme to be announced

It's not clear if this will be a concert conducted by the Maestro himself or a concert that will feature hi music, but conducted by someone else... from what it's worth, it really seems JW will be the conductor! :D

I've already written to the Berliner Philharmoniker staff. If they'll answer me, I'll let you know immediately! :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be true? Say it is. JW coming to Europe? Could there be a chance to see maestro live. The John Williams' Betrayal of last winter/spring was horrible enough. I was SO VERY disappointed. Lets hope JW himself comes to conduct the Philharmoniker (THE CHANCES ARE SLIM).

-Incanus who has his doubts about the thing(too many disappoinments)-

I know German just a little: Ich kann ein bischen Deutsch sprechen(correct that if it is wrong). My German is very rusty(though the language sounds rusty as it is). Können Sie mir hilfen? Ich fahre mit Strassenbahn.

That's about it.

I hope English will be suffiecient for survival in Germany (I really hope, since I would either have to use Swedish or Latin if English does not work :D ).

If and when this concert will be worth attending (if Williams will actually attend it) I might brush my language skills a little.

Hi everyone,

Well, and I thought you had the news already?!?

At the end of the last "Waldbühnen" Konzert 2005, I think it was in June, Sir Simon Rattle himself said something like "welcome back next year with some filmmusic."

But I doubt somehow that Williams himself will conduct.

The "Walbühne" Konzert is something like the "Last Night of the Proms" and "Tanglewood" or the " Hollywood Bowl". It is open air. It is a yearly event and when available the tickets are sold within a few days. But German TV broadcasts it live every year.

Teufel! Double Scheisse! Looks very grim. Very big chances of no Williams :cry: :cry:

Hitch, who will match into WALDBÜHNE to the strains of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries".

Please feel free to talk to me once you have gotten past Mother.

Hitch, who will match into WALDBÜHNE to the strains of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries".

dam da dadadam daam, (higher) dam da dadam dam dam....

ROTFLMAO

The Philharmoniker staff replied to my e-mail a moment ago:

Dear Mr. Caschetto,

I'm able to inform you, that it is not clear, who will be conducting the

concert in the "Waldbühne" in June 2006.

Sincerely,

Moritz Frischkorn

I asked to keep me informed about this. Continue to keep your fingers crossed, dear European fellows... ROTFLMAO

dam da dadadam daam, (higher) dam da dadam dam dam....

ROTFLMAO

LOL at Marcel. Das ist sehr gut.

Who shall pull my gold laden chariot into WALDBÜHNE? The usual suspects can contact the usual address for an application form. Canvassing will be disqualified. No more pate de fois gras please, Steef.

I choose the danger.

I thought you would choose Suspence over any alternatives as you are such a master in that area. Or should we call you now Master of Danger? ROTFLMAO

That's Leonard, son of Davis you are talking too!

Now you lost me :? What!?

I'm no Trekkie so that was little out of my sphere of expertise. How ignorant of me. A wizard should know better ROTFLMAO

Perhaps he wouldn't have lost you had he typed, "McCoy.  Leonard H., son of David."

Neil

Ha, and Steef calls himself a Star Trek fan!!! We shall see if he can do the Vulcan salute with both hands in December. ROTFLMAO

Perhaps he meant son of Don Davis??

I'm no Trekkie so that was little out of my sphere of expertise. How ignorant of me. A wizard should know better ROTFLMAO

Yes...Ignorance is Bliss. Now stoneeeeeee himmmmmmmmmm.

I choose the danger.

I thought you would choose Suspence over any alternatives as you are such a master in that area. Or should we call you now Master of Danger? ROTFLMAO

In time, you will call me....MASTER.

I choose the danger.

But Hitch "Do not take for a conjuror of cheap tricks! I am not trying to ridicule you I am trying to help you.

Let it go. You have had the title of Master of Suspence long enough. The title must go to someone else along with all your other posessions. Trust me as you once did(not that you trust many in these days)."

Ahhh, since i'm local i will follow that news closely. I even could get free tickets.

So please, don't let it be the usual "Third Man"/""Dr. Zhivago"/"Titanic" concert as it normally plays out.

I regret that I did not attend a Potter concert here in Helsinki two months ago. I was away on holiday and did not bother to travel back home for the concert. Our Philharmonics have finally understood that film music attracts listeners and there are atleast two film music concerts per year.

I choose the danger.

I thought you would choose Suspence over any alternatives as you are such a master in that area. Or should we call you now Master of Danger? ;)

But Hitch "Do not take for a conjuror of cheap tricks! I am not trying to ridicule you I am trying to help you.

Let it go. You have had the title of Master of Suspence long enough. The title must go to someone else along with all your other posessions. Trust me as you once did(not that you trust many in these days)."

If you want suspense, watch DESEPERATE HOUSEWIFES.

If the program is good, I might go, with or without Williams.

In regards to film music concerts all around the world, Hector has done an exhaustive list:

http://www.moviemusic.com/mb/Forum5/HTML/000348.html

8O Welcome To Dongmakgol - Joe Hisaishi's last work

Hi, :)

I Live in Berlin...

Ich werde mich mal Schlau machen, ob der Meister selbst Dirigiert !?

I make me clever if the master itself conducting next year !? :)

Greetings

Chris