17. The Maze

18. Voldemort

19. Death Of Cedric

20. Another Year Ends

21. Hogwarts' Hymn

22. Do The Hippogriff

23. This Is The Night

24. Magic Works

Some of these are rather uninspired . . . "Harry Sees Dragons" . . . "Harry in Winter" . . . is "Neville's Waltz" perhaps a dance scene between Neville and Ginny or somehting? :)

And how about track number 19? That's pretty bad . . .

I suppose "Hogwarts' Hymn," "Do the Hippogriff," and "This is the Night" are songs from the Yule Ball.

Interesting, I suppose, some track titles are weird, but overall . . .

:D

~Sturgis

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....possibly the most uninspired batch of track titles I've ever seen. And the spoilers are just ridiculous - what's the reasoning behind it? I'm guessing the last four tracks are songs from the Yule Ball....written by God knows whom. :D

Ray Barnsbury

Wow. I totally hate this soundtrack now because of the mediocre track titles. If only they were on the level of "The Magic Tree" or "Padme's Ruminations."

However, a lot of these track titles have the possibility to have very thematic music attached to them... Or perhaps concert pieces.

Wow. I totally hate this soundtrack now because of the mediocre track titles. If only they were on the level of "The Magic Tree" or "Padme's Ruminations."

At least stinkers like those are a bit more few and far between on Williams' soundtracks. Just about every one of these GoF titles is completely bland...unless they're translations as mentioned above, which would make sense (Sirius Fire? Harry Sees Dragons?). Nonetheless, I have high hopes for this score, so I'm not sure who your sarcasm was directed at.

Ray Barnsbury - enjoying Doyle's Great Expectations quite a bit now :D

Who's Frank?

SPOILER: text is coloured white

Frank is the person who lives (or is caretaker - something like that) at the Riddle house (Voldemort's old home), who Voldemort (in his "baby state") kills at the beginning of the book. Hope that helps.

Great spoilers on this one :D I say go for it if you have a chance to spoil a plot point in the track titles.

Only thing concerning me is that Williams' superb themes are in it, ESPECIALLY VOLDEMORT's since it is my absolute favorite. It is nice Doyle decided to use Williams' themes though.

I have been listening Henry V for quite a time now and it gets better all the time. Best Doyle score I have heard.

Looks like a lengthy album. Then again the tracks could be 1 minute long each :D Do the Hippogriff...? Could this be in correct chronological place?

I definately buy this album. Doyle might actually pull it off even last few scores of his have not been my cup of tea.

Could the Potter Waltz be Hedwig's theme?

Hahaha, what ridiculous titles. I was half expecting "Harry Cho dance" or "Death of a Diggory". "Do the Hippogriff" makes me.... uneasy, even if it is the songs. Seems to be more short tracks from the amount of them there are.

I'm still excited... Hopefully they're only badly translated names though!

Spoilers schmoilers. The track titles are adequate. Not brilliant but adequate. And it's not that the majority of us here does not know what is going to happen in the movie. Track titles should reflect the scenes for which they were written. Of course initial release of the soundtrack should (most composer strive to make their track titles obscure) keep the plot a secret. But I do not mind if titles give away plot points. Many of you disagree but if you buy an album be prepared for some spoilers. I hate obscure track titles.

I've never understood why people get so bent out of shape when it comes to track titles for film scores. Yes I can understand spoilers but that's a risk you take. But as far as names go is really that big of a deal?

I'm more interested in the quality of the music.

"Last edited by Stefancos on Oct 10, 2005 - 06:33 PM; edited 1 time in total"

Even though I had posted at 5:42......interesting. You're about as honest as a Mail Room employee. ;)

Neil

Who care about the spoilers.There only spoilers for the .01%of people that don't read the book and only see the films.

K.MWho cares more about the new RotS music right now than the Potter track titles.

It's funny because it's true.

Will and Grace? Or just you?

I use "It's funny 'cause it's . . . " all the time.

Anyways, I think the length of the album is due to the three songs on it. There are only 21 score tracks from what I can tell, the same as Sorcerer's Stone, which was not overly long.

I think "Sirius Fire" would be a play on "serious fire. . . ." That's stupid, though.

~Sturgis

You'll hear it in the film. Don't you worry.

Justin

I meant i won't buy the soundtrack.

HPFAN_2- Didn't realize he needed to spoon feed. I'll make sure i bring a bib next time Justin.

Cover art supposedly released

10218792.jpg

And this is so obviously fan art it's not even funny. No way the title would be in the middle, nor would it likely say "Music by" instead of "Composed and Conducted by," and I'm sure they will credit Cocker or whoever did those songs.

~Sturgis

I've never understood why people get so bent out of shape when it comes to track titles for film scores. Yes I can understand spoilers but that's a risk you take. But as far as names go is really that big of a deal?

Suit yourself. But the more sophisticated among us know that the music is but a secondary consideration -- the track titles are where it's at.

And this is so obviously fan art it's not even funny. No way the title would be in the middle, nor would it likely say "Music by" instead of "Composed and Conducted by," and I'm sure they will credit Cocker or whoever did those songs.

Barnes & Noble doesn't typically post fan art for its album cover images, and Patrick Doyle doesn't typically conduct his own film scores. But, of course, there's a first time for everything!

Really? To me it's always been the titles that move me the most when purchasing a new soundtrack. :roll: Relax people, no one's getting bent out of shape - just enjoying a good laugh over the obvious lack of thought that went into the names. Maybe, being English, Doyle doesn't speak American very well.

Barnes & Noble doesn't typically post fan art for its album cover images

Regardless, it does look like very sloppy fan art.

Ray Barnsbury

Reading the track titles again... "The Black Lake"? What's wrong with "The Lake"? They changed the Forbidden Forest to "Dark" as well for no particular reason. It's hard to not think of better track titles. I'd probably start with "The First/Second/Third Task(s)" (respectively) though. None of these Dark Lakes or Harry Sees Dragons nonsense.

The album cover looks amateurish too. I don't believe it's the real art; I won't until I see it on the shelves for myself. I hope the font isn't "Lumos" either, it'd clash the continuity of the other albums.

Complain, complain, complain. I'm still looking forward tot he music though.

It's one thing coming up with stupid track titles, but littering a soundtrack with spoilers is a completely different thing. Can't we at least pretend that the movie has some surprises? Believe it or not, but there are plenty of people who haven't read the book yet. Potter fans may not know, but there's a life beyond Hogwarts.

"Harry Sees Dragons"; does that mean there are dragons in this film? "Voldemort"; gee, I wonder if Voldemort makes an appearance in this one ... "Cedrics Death"; duh!

The books are a thrill to read because you're never ahead of the story. Shame that the films don't do that to the unspoiled persons.

This is the everlasting conflict between us who do not care and those who do not want to get spoiled. To each his own I guess. I understand your argument and believe me when I say I am not a great Potter fan and I do not remember all the plot points after reading the books some 3 or 4 years ago. Still I am not bothered by the revealing track titles. The more descriptive the cue name the better. That is what they are for, to describe the scene where the music was written for. Of course caution could be used since e.g. the death of a character revealed by the track title is stupid when you think of a larger audience who does not know the plot. But I guess the argument over the naming of cues continues ad infinitum. :|