What Are The Worst Movies Ever Made?

Panthera

What were some movies that you have seen that would be pure torture to watch again? Movies so bad that you may have stopped watching them after just a few minutes. Movies that left you like this :angry: , this banghead , and this :)

At least they would make a great gift for someone you hate :devil: (If you can force yourself to buy the movie in the first place) Do not be afraid to fully express your reaction to the movies.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irreversible. A part of me thinks it's a great film, but there are two scenes in the film that are so violent that it made me hate the film. To watch those two scenes again; yes, that would really be torture to me.

plan9.gif

No way. Plan 9 is bad in a way that makes it highly enjoyable. That's far more than I can say about other movies.

Worst movies? Anything by Bruckheimer (with the exception of Cat People) is in a class of its own. Next comes Air Force One.

Marian - who just can't watch those.

Reptilian. A very weak low budget Godzilla clone done in 1999. CGI effects are poor, acting is poor. the plot is poor. Everything about it is bad. So bad you only have to helplessly laugh at it.

Irreversible. A part of me thinks it's a great film, but there are two scenes in the film that are so violent that it made me hate the film. To watch those two scenes again; yes, that would really be torture to me.

This is a great movie. What is it doing in the worst movie thread? Because violence isn't pretty? Come on, you know better than that, Roald!

Alex

This is a great movie. What is it doing in the worst movie thread? Because violence isn't pretty? Come on, you know better than that, Roald!

I said: there is a part of me that thinks it's a great movie. It's the violence that makes me dislike it.

Are you now the one determining how *I* must define "worst movie"? Am I not entitled to that myself?

I can stand a lot of violent films. There is one movie that went too far for me: Irreversible.

With the exception of a few films anything that ends in II, III, IV, V etc etc.

Anything that has a mad killer in any form returning to slaughter more people.

Remakes, although there are and will be a few exceptions.

I said: there is a part of me that thinks it's a great movie. It's the violence that makes me dislike it.

Are you now the one determining how *I* must define "worst movie"? Am I not entitled to that myself?

I can stand a lot of violent films. There is one movie that went too far for me: Irreversible.

Too far? Well, it showed rape isn't a beautiful thing. Yes, people get mutilated beyond recognition. The world can be a terrible place. Is that a reason to call it the worst movie ever made?

Yes, I think your selection is kinda strange and I don't understand your reasoning, especially since a part of you thinks it's great indeed.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I like Gung Ho. I know what you mean about Lair of the White Worm. But it the ending was..interesting.

"Kiss of the Spider Woman"

"Body of Evidence" starring madonna

"Purple Rain"

"Prophecy: The Monster Movie" (not "the Prophecy")

The "Ace Ventura" movies and the last two "Austin Powers" movies.

I'm sure I'd hate others but I refuse to watch them.

And the violence in "Irreversible" makes it a great film. You wonder what would drive someone to commit a major act of violence (the scene in the club) and when you see the rape, you fully understand. What happens "after" makes us fully empathize. And that's what helps this film. I couldn't watch it again because of the violence, but I truly found this to be a surprisingly touching film.

I really don't feel the need the explain myself further. Irreversible was the worst film for me to watch. I almost couldn't take it. As a film it's great, don't get me wrong.

Given the fact that they murdered the WRONG person also adds to the fact that this film is, in the end, extremely depressing. At least Uma Thurman got the right man! :music:

The world can be a terrible place.

Yes, and therefore I must "enjoy" films like Funny Games, I Stand Alone, Salo or Men Behind The Sun? I don't think so.

The worst film according to your guidelines then: Batman And Robin.

The "Ace Ventura" movies and the last two "Austin Powers" movies.

I didn't really enjoy the Austin Power movies. But Ace Ventura movies bad films? Oh come on! Those are pure comedy gold. Especially the scene where Ace steals the monster truck in "Nature Calls".

Life is long, Roald. Sometimes, we dip our tongues into the honeypot and come up with a bee. Many trips to find the worst films from Blockbuster in my high school and college years with friends. It is fun to watch an awful, awful,awful film with my friends.

Anyone else see "Recruits", the Canadian Police Academy rip off?

Jes, when a bad film can be fun to watch than I wouldn't even call it a bad film. Than, even with it's low, tasteless values, it can be at least funny or enjoyable to a certain extent.

Batman And Robin however... That's the only time I seriously thought about getting my money back...

I'd say Italy or the United States produce the worst movies overall.

Based on what? Both also produce extremely GOOD films.

In fact; every country produces excellent films and total BOMB's each year. Lately; I find the Dutch cinema very uninspired.

Just in quantity, not ratio.

Did you add this or didn't I read it the first time?

I added it to clarify that they also make the a lot of the best movies. But most of the movies I consider awful are either Italian or American. Chinese or Japanese or French movies have never really made me feel as bad as the worst from these two countries.

In fact; every country produces excellent films and total BOMB's each year. Lately; I find the Dutch cinema very uninspired.

I did like Pieter Kuijpers' Off Screen very much. Jeroen Krabbé was great, as was Jan Decleir.

JAWS

See? It's called "the my opinion counts game"

PS - Alex. Go vote on the "JWFAN Theme free comissioning project #1. Choose the theme!" thread. I want your opinion!

But that's not the general opinion, is it? If I ask the same question to the first person I see on the street he might say BattleField Earth or The Fast and The Furious. What good will that do me?

But that's not the general opinion, is it? If I ask the same question to the first person I see on the street he might say BattleField Earth or The Fast and The Furious. What good will that do me?

Well, it is a start. I know nothing about Dutch films. And I trust Roald's taste. After all, we are "prequel friends" LOL

Turks Fruit (Turkish Delight) is considered the best ever Dutch film.

I disagree. ROTFLMAO

Not bad, though.

Soldier Of Orange is a close second. Both are directed by Paul Verhoeven.

Karakter (or Character) is actually the best Dutch film. Or Spoorloos!! GREAT film!

I also like Karakter but I thought it deserved a more original score.

Jesp, I think you'll like Spoorloos very much, especially after or before seeing the ridiculous US remake The Vanishing.

I saw "The Vanishing". I liked it well enough, but I am sure the original is better. I will see Karakter and Spoorlos.

I saw "The Vanishing". I liked it well enough, but I am sure the original is better.

The original is really 1000 times better. Really. The ending is unbeatable (and different from The Vanishing so you're not spoiled yet). ROTFLMAO