Lost

Mr. Breathmask

:blink:

I swear, I have no idea what kind of aggravating behavior they're talking about. And I certainly never participate in it. Or encourage others to participate in it. Especially not in college English classes, bus rides filled with disinterested strangers, or siblings who unforgivably stopped watching when season 2 started getting annoying.

Also, on a more serious note, I'm glad I already knew the title of season 6's first episode. If any of you are as spoilerophobic as I am and DON'T know the title, don't watch that video.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scene in the cabin in "Cabin Fever" is so chilling to watch now.

JOHN: Do you know why I'm here?

CHRISTIAN: Yeah, sure...do you?

JOHN: I'm here...because I was chosen to be.

CHRISTIAN: [smiles creepily] That's absolutely right.

Unfortunately, Locke didn't quite understand what had chosen him, or what it had chosen him for.

EDIT: Also, I'm telling you, Widmore is somehow affiliated with Jacob's enemy. His "secondary protocol" sends the mercenaries (well, just Keamy, in the end) right to the Orchid - the exact same spot where Christian sent Locke and Ben.

I was just going through my DVR's to-do list and saw LOST on there. Made me happy. But sad to release it's the last season.

I dunno if it's been mentioned here, but according to my DVR, its a 1hour clip show at 8pm, and then a 2 hour season premiere from 9-11.

Tuesday, February 2nd will rock!

In case anyone's interested, this short, new promo features the first frames of Season 6. It's nothing too spoilery, and it's a blink-if-you-miss-it flash, but still very intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XCcMwJNT08

It appears at about 15 seconds in.

Some people would still consider it spoilery just because it's new footage, and thus far the new footage released.

Air dates!

6.01/6.02 - Feb 2

6.03 - Feb 9

6.04 - Feb 16

6.05 - Feb 23

6.06 - Mar 2

6.07 - Mar 9

6.08 - Mar 16

6.09 - Mar 23

6.10 - Mar 30

6.11 - Apr 6

6.12 - Apr 13

6.13 - Apr 20

6.14 - Apr 27

6.15 - May 4

6.16 - May 11

6.17/6.18 - May 18

Episode Titles!

6.01 - Feb 2 - LA X (Part 1)

6.02 - Feb 2 - LA X (Part 2)

6.03 - Feb 9 - What Kate Does

6.04 - Feb 16 - The Substitute

6.05 - Feb 23 - Lighthouse

6.06 - Mar 2 - Sundown

6.07 - Mar 9 - Dr. Linus

6.08 - Mar 16 - Recon

6.09 - Mar 23 - Ab Aeterno

6.10 - Mar 30 - The Package

6.11 - Apr 6 - Happily Ever After

6.12 - Apr 13 - Everybody Loves Hugo

6.13 - Apr 20 -

6.14 - Apr 27 -

6.15 - May 4 -

6.16 - May 11 - Series Finale part 1

6.17 - May 18 - Series Finale part 2

6.18 - May 18 - Series Finale part 3

Centricities!

6.01 - Feb 2 - LA X (Part 1)

6.02 - Feb 2 - LA X (Part 2)

6.03 - Feb 9 - What Kate Does - Kate

6.04 - Feb 16 - The Substitute - Locke

6.05 - Feb 23 - Lighthouse - Jack

6.06 - Mar 2 - Sundown - Sayid

6.07 - Mar 9 - Dr. Linus - Ben

6.08 - Mar 16 - Recon - Sawyer

6.09 - Mar 23 - Ab Aeterno - Richard Alpert

6.10 - Mar 30 - The Package - Sun & Jin

6.11 - Apr 6 - Happily Ever After - Desmond

6.12 - Apr 13 - Everybody Loves Hugo - Hurley

6.13 - Apr 20 -

6.14 - Apr 27 -

6.15 - May 4 -

6.16 - May 11 - Series Finale part 1

6.17 - May 18 - Series Finale part 2

6.18 - May 18 - Series Finale part 3

The Season 6 cast!

(parenthesis show which seasons they were credited as a main cast member for, not which seasons they appeared in; No parenthesis indicates all 6 seasons.)

-Naveen Andrews as Sayid Jarrah

-Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert (6)

-Michael Emerson as Benjamin Linus (3-6)

-Emilie De Ravin as Claire Littleton (1-4, 6)

-Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus (6)

-Matthew Fox as Jack Shephard

-Jorge Garcia as Hugo Reyes

-Josh Holloway as Sawyer

-Daniel Day Kim as Jin Kwon

-Yunjin Kim as Sun Kwon

-Ken Leong as Miles Straume (4-6)

-Evangeline Lilly as Kate Austin

-Terry O'Quinn as John Locke

-Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana (6)

For those curious, here is who has been a member of the regular cast in prior seasons, but isn't listed as one for season 6.

-Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko (2-3)

-Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond Hume (3-5)

-Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday (4-5)

-Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford (1-2)

-Malcolm David Kelley as Walt Lloyd (1)

-Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis (4-5)

-Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet Burke (3-5)

-Dominic Monaghan as Charlie Pace (1-3)

-Harold Perrineau as Michael Dawson (1-2,4)

-Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia Cortez (2)

-Kiele Sanchez as Nikki Fernandez (3)

-Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo (3)

-Ian Somerhalder as Boone Carlyle (1)

-Cynthia Watros as Libby (2)

Non-Season-6-regulars who have filmed scenes for Season 6!

(former regulars)

-Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond Hume

-Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday

-Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford

-Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis

-Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet Burke

-Dominic Monaghan as Charlie Pace

-Harold Perrineau as Michael Dawson

-Ian Somerhalder as Boone Carlyle

-Cynthia Watros as Libby

(other recurring)

-L Scott Caldwell as Rose Nadler

-Francois Chau as Pierre Chang

-Alan Dale as Charles Widmore

-Andrew Divoff as Mikhail Bakunin

-Kevin Durand as Martin Keamy

-Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking

-Greg Grunberg as Seth Norris

-William Mapother as Ethan Rom

-Mark Pellegrino as Jacob

-Tania Raymonde as Alex Rousseau

-Daniel Roebuck as Dr. Leslie Artz

-Katey Segal as Helen

-Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski

-Sonya Walger as Penny

-Titus Welliver as Jacob's Nemesis

-Sean Whalen as Neil "Frogurt"

Hmm, it seems to me like these are the only "major" players that have not returned for filming

-Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko

-Sam Anderson as Bernard Nadler

-Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau

-Malcolm David Kelley as Walt Lloyd

-Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia Cortez

-Kiele Sanchez as Nikki Fernandez

-Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo

-John Terry as Christian Shephard

The scene in the cabin in "Cabin Fever" is so chilling to watch now.

JOHN: Do you know why I'm here?

CHRISTIAN: Yeah, sure...do you?

JOHN: I'm here...because I was chosen to be.

CHRISTIAN: [smiles creepily] That's absolutely right.

Unfortunately, Locke didn't quite understand what had chosen him, or what it had chosen him for.

EDIT: Also, I'm telling you, Widmore is somehow affiliated with Jacob's enemy. His "secondary protocol" sends the mercenaries (well, just Keamy, in the end) right to the Orchid - the exact same spot where Christian sent Locke and Ben.

Yes it is a great moment in that episode isn't it, now that we know what will happen to Locke. The whole dialogue and the looks between Claire and Christian. Something very critical is happening and it is going as he has planned.

And Widmore as far as we know was trying to regain control of the Island, by force if necessary, from Ben. He as the former Leader of the Others must have known about the frozen donkeywheel and that Ben might use it to move the Island to protect it and naturally sent his mercs to that spot to stop him. He might not have told them the exact information about the place or the Island but he provided some coordinates to apprehend Ben. And it might be that Jacob's enemy is behind Widmore's operations but we do not know that for certain at this point. Nothing points clearly to that direction.

I have a feeling I already know, just based on the first two episode titles, but I haven't seen the images from the promo, nor do I know any of the other titles. And I don't intend to find out, either...so keep the spoiler tags comin'! :D

With the spliced images in the promo plus two very particular episode titles, one knows what happens after Jughead detonates.

Not really, no.

You don't think so? "Everything changes" + "LA X" + "What Kate Does" + "Everybody Loves Hugo" = They more or less erased the last 5 seasons and it's starting from the beginning.

I think that all of it means

we will have two separate timelines. One will follow the events on the island after the explosion. The restated one will take place of the flashbacks. It makes sense: you will have the contrast between what the characters would have bee without all these events on the island and what they are. It makes it more powerful in terms of character development. At least, in theory.

Karol

I agree with Crocodile.

Come on people - there's absolutely NO WAY they will just wipe out 5 years of the show and start a new storyline from the beginning for Season 6. That would piss off every single viewer of the show.

Clearly they're going to continue the storyline we've been following and wrap it up as they've been promising all along.

My theory, which I came up with this summer and is NOT based on any spoilers, is that IF they show us an "alternate reality" of Juliet being successful and Flight 815 never crashing, it will just be shown in conjunction with the "main" storyline, not instead of it.

I also completely agree with Crocodile in that

Glimpses into the "alternate reality" will take place of the traditional flashbacks and flashforwards

Wow! That was really awesome!

For those who are wary of clicking: Someone took all the events that happened on teh day of the Flight 815 crash - the crash itself, Desmond killing Kelvin, Juliet's book-club, etc and edited them all into a 24-style real-time montage. Its really neat!

Oh yeah, I remember that. I think that was posted in this thread in my response to my half-serious suggestion that some lunatic should edit together every second of footage of the entire six seasons into chronological order...

EDIT: Wait, why did Juliet start getting nosebleeds after Miles even though she'd spent over three years on the Island whereas he'd only spent his first year or so there?

Maybe the nosebleeds weren't based on total time spent there, but based on total time since first arrival

Also, maybe its an in-exact science that MOSTLY follows length of time but isn't always accurate. Maybe everybody's body reacts differently to it.

Thanks for the spoiler tags! As a reminder, like Datameister, I prefer to know the very least possible.

I do like to know the title of an episode before watching it, so I know the title of the two-part premiere.

I have also seen (a bit by accident) a promotional spots featuring Hurley, that concluded with an ad for Oceanic Airlines.

Gee, less than a week!

I do not have any blu-ray set yet, and even though I have last season's episodes, I haven't watched any since. Reading stuff on sites & forums has afforded me with a little brush up on certain points.

Locke's story is incredibly, poignantly, tragic; the poor man was used all along, by his father, then by Jacob's Adversary, and by Jacob himself; he was made to feel special, extraordinary, and did not have the satisfaction of dying with this illusion intact, but after it was shattered. that's awful.

Locke's story is incredibly, poignantly, tragic; the poor man was used all along, by his father, then by Jacob's Adversary, and by Jacob himself; he was made to feel special, extraordinary, and did not have the satisfaction of dying with this illusion intact, but after it was shattered. that's awful.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but how was Locke manipulated by Jacob? But yeah Locke's life is just heartbreakingly sad. I really hope the writers can given him (the real him) a happy ending by the end of it, because he deserves it.

Jacob is the one who resuscitated him, and selected him like he did the other main characters, in effect getting them onto the Island, albeit in some magical indirect way.

His Adversary then used Locke.

Of course, I hope than Jacob had actually seen how Locke could be manipulated and had foreshadowed all of his nemesis' moves, explaining his reaction at the end: he is not surprised at all, appeared to have been expecting it, does not defend himself and even rather eggs Ben on.

Since "Dead is dead" is as much of an unbendable rule as "Whatever happened happened", I don't think Locke can be ressucitated again-- but then, Jacob did once. Even then, Locke would have gone through hell, and Jacob is partly responsible for it.

All the deaths and all the misery inflicted upon the passengers of Oceanic 815 (and the Others) all derive from Jacob and his Adversary's game; Jacob's purpose may be for the ultimate Good of all in some way, but it requires entails severe sacrifices (Locke told Boone something to that effect, as I remember).

If I remember correctly also, Lost's creative team had Terry O'Quinn in mind for the role from the start; the character did turn out to be quite the linchpin of the story.

It bears repeating: they were most fortunate to get such brilliant actors as O'Quinn and Michael Emerson; their parts and dialogues are very well written, and their acting further contributed to making both characters fascinating and enderaing-- even Ben (!), whose story turns out to be as pathetic as Locke's.

So apparently when ABC re-aired The Incident the other night, it had those subtitle thingies on the bottom the whole time. If you'd like to read them all, lostpedia has a transcript here.

The most interesting bits:

-"Jacob is weaving a tapestry which features the Egyptian Eye of Horus. The eye is surrounded by a sun disc representing the sun god Aten a symbol of life and prosperity."

- The giant statue is a variation of Tawaret, the Egyptian goddess of protection, birth and fertility.

- Ben was telling the truth that the statue was already down to just a foot when he arrived in 1973

- " "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" is a code. Richard's answer translated from Latin is "He who will save us all." "

- "The words on Jacob's tapestry are in Greek. The top line is from Book 6 of Homer's The Odyssey, and reads "May the Gods grant thee all that thy heart desires." The middle line of Jacob's tapestry is from Book 24 of Homer's The Odyssey and reads "And may the Gods grant thee happiness." The bottom line is from an anonymous author. It is also in Greek and reads "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

The subtitles also made sure to point out specifically who Jacob touched and who he didn't in the flashbacks

I watched that on Tuesday, and although the "enhanced factoids" cleared up some vague stuff, more often then not it was stating the obvious.

Edit: So apparently the opening scene of Season 6 has been released onto the web. I'm debating whether or not to watch it, but I'd rather it wasn't posted onto this thread, and needless to say if you're going to discuss it needs to be spoilerized. Just a head's up for everyone.

I definitely avoided said leak, however, I figured out Jack was in the future very early on in that finale. The razr phones gave it away. I figured out that Jin was in the past in the Sun/Jin dual flashback episode too.

Here is a link to the first 4 minutes of Tuesday's episode

http://www.optimusne...irst-4-minutes/

In case the video gets taken down, here's what happens in it:

The first 2 minutes is just footage from last year's finale, Juliet falling in the well then smashing the bomb. White flash, then the next minute and a half is the scene with Jack, Cindy, and Rose on Flight 815 that we've already seen before too. When the turbulence comes, the music builds... then nothing. The last 30 seconds are an alternate reality of Flight 815 not breaking up, and Rose telling Jack he can relax. Thats it!

Koray I, too, cannot wait to watch the big premiere on Tuesday in HD and surround. With a jack and ginger, my girlfriend, and all the lights off. Yay!

Thanks again for the spoiler tags. :)

I gotta say, I really hope Michael Emerson gets at least one last chance to really play Ben as a true villain in season 6. He does consistently amazing work with the character, but I find him most compelling when he really is an outright bad guy. Too often in season 4 and especially season 5, he comes across almost as one of the good guys. And despite vocally identifying himself that way, he most certainly is not.

Well that sucks. After the Season 3 finale fiasco they went to extraordinary measures to keep things under wraps. I can wait until Tuesday to watch it, not to mention in HD and surround sound.

This wasn't leaked. It was released by ABC in accordance with a sweepstakes they held.

I noticed a bit of a chronology issue. In "Dead is Dead", a couple of Ben's flashbacks involve him stealing Alex. This happened in 1988, the same year the Besixdouze stranded her team there. In 1988, Ben is played by Michael Emerson and Charles Widmore is played by Alan Dale, just like in the present. But this is a mere 11 years after 1977, when Ben is but a preteen and Widmore is played by another actor who looks at least twenty years younger than Alan Dale does, even with the fake hair. And I've always been slightly bothered by Ethan supposedly being 30 in 2004, though that's not as much of an issue.

Oh well...guess this has to happen in a show with such a complex chronology. ::shrug::

Yeah, it really bothered me as well seeing Dale and Emerson playing such young versions of themselves. I mean, the makeup team could have at least tried to make them look a little younger. :)

I wonder why Dr. Chang needed that dead body at the Orchid...at that point, all they'd been doing was carving out the interior, right? They hadn't even gotten to the donkey wheel. Maybe it was just a convenient burial location?

For those who don't want to see any spoilers of any kind, you may want to avoid the internet until Tuesday. The first hour of the premiere has leaked (EDIT: it appears you all already know that :) ), and there's several new scenes that ABC has officially released. We're literally hours away at this point, it pays to be safe.