Varese Clubs are Coming!

woodwindmaster06

CD CLUB - THE OLYMPIC EDITION!

Date: 2/21/2006

Six scores on four EXTREME new CDs join our CD Club in this first batch of 2006. Join us on March 6!

So we will wait and see, Varese seems excited about this set of releases so I am really excited about these.

WWM

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be because they were released around the time of this year's Winter Olympics or maybe the scores are from years when the Olympics took place. It's probably just a little humor from Varese, they always get excited about all of their releases. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Would be nice if Spartacus was in that batch though.

Damn it...I hope they release the full remastered score for Back To The Future Part I. It deserves a release very bad....

Even though I doubt it'll be among those six...but you never know.

Goldsmith's Boys From Brazil is considered as a possible candidate for this batch. There seems to be another double header which will most likely be limited to 2000 units. Of course there will also be the usual LP to CD reissue and my personal favourites for this spot are Alan Silvestri's Cat's Eye, Bill Conti's The Formula and JNH's Russkies.

Of course this is all just pure speculation.

Damn it...I hope they release the full remastered score for Back To The Future Part I.  It deserves a release very bad....

Even though I doubt it'll be among those six...but you never know.

I thought Varese couldn't release that for one reason or another? :? I could be wrong though...

Give me Monsignor! Please!!!

We can hope. :( JW was nominated for a Razzie for that. 8O

I thought Varese couldn't release that for one reason or another?

They can't release it for a number of reasons. First, MCA is holding the rights and since the OST is still in print and a very good seller, they won't give up the rights so easily. Then, there are re-use fees which are horridly high.

Seems so. People will always hope for a BTTF or Temple of Doom... those popular scores that are unlikely to be released as limited editions and in the end, people are disappointed with the goodies that come out.

My money is on Boys From Brazil and the usual LP/CD reissue which is enough of prediction for me. I will take the other releases as pleasant surprises.

BTW, there are a handful of silvestri scores besides BTTF that are more likely to come as LTD edition.

BTW, there are a handful of silvestri scores besides BTTF that are more likely to come as LTD edition.

I agree. I've been thinking of his score to Dutch lately. It would be nice for a limited release. It's not all that popular, but still deserving of an official pressing.

I agree. I've been thinking of his score to Dutch lately. It would be nice for a limited release. It's not all that popular, but still deserving of an official pressing.

Ah, yes! Most definitely! I love that score, and it's a shame it hasn't gotten a release.

Dutch, Young Guns 2, Blown Away, Judge Dredd (expanded)... the list goes on.

There is a new interview with Alan Silvestri on Colonne Sonore where he mentions that the release of Judgment Night actually happened by accident because Joel Stiller bought the music rights to a couple of films and one of them was JN. Maybe some more releases will materialize due to the effort of that man?