Figo

The use of photographs in signatures should be  

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• Permitted
    • Banned
    • Banned only if they are implemented by Hector J. Guzman
    • Permitted as long as they are not taken from "Moulin Rouge"

Am I the only one who finds the use of photographs in somebody's signature to be fcensoredg annoying? Screen after screen of the same nauseating images from Moulin Rouge, or of Barry Bonds, or of some other guy I don't even know who apparently sucks? Since these photo signatures are generally implemented by people who seldom post more than a line or two, it's as if the text is swallowed up in a deck of bubble gum cards! I feel like I'm trapped in an episode of Rod Serling's Night Gallery!

Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Raise up your voices, and let yourselves be heard! Should this insidious practice be banned or no? Is it not your board, too? Do we not deserve to turn on our computers and not have to stare at Ewan MacGregor? It is time for the literate (and semi-literate) to reclaim their birthright! Speak, jwfans, or say nothing -- and allow evil to triumph!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't be banned. But they're still annoying, and I think they shouldn't be used. Or at least, keep them small, not larger than two lines of text or so (when Sigs get too long, it can be confusing to immediately see where a post starts and where it ends).

BTW, Ren, the font of your Sig is soo small (at least on my screen), I wouldn't have been able to read the Ron quote if I hadn't read it just yesterday. ;)

So you took my advice Figo. ;)

I think an avatar is the only picture we need on our posts.

Signatures should be allowed to have quotes, funny stuff, ect... but pictures are just too anoying. :nod:

No offence Ren, besides it's up to the creators of this MB.

I'm fine with the pictures. If it is so annoying to people that they can't handle them, then maybe the pictures could be smaller or changed every so often. But Gamecube was right in saying that it is "up to the creators of the MB."

~Conor

Am I the only one who finds the use of photographs in somebody's signature to be fg annoying?

Yes, or at least, you will be when I will be finished dealing with the people in here.

I agree, Figo. I thought the same thing just recently. It's especially bad when the signature is twice as big as the post. It's just visually irritating. I don't know if they should be banned, but I certainly wouldn't mind. I thought we had avatars for that reason.

Ray Barnsbury

"Strange"?

Cripes, Morn, that's one of the mildest words used to describe me...

bruckhorn, your favorite hairy oaf, who can't believe that Morn doesn't think that Beethoven has moments.

;)

Am I the only one who finds the use of photographs in somebody's signature to be fg annoying?

Yes, or at least, you will be when I will be finished dealing with the people in here.

How about signatures of four lines long!

Fine.

who can't believe that Morn doesn't think that Beethoven has moments.

Beethoven

;)

Morn - Wondering why everyone he knows calls him strange

I voted for Banned only if they are implemented by Hector J. Guzman

I really dislike his sporting pictures. :mrgreen: Don't mind the other pictures.

so anyway, why didn't you just make it specifically about me and Hector? Oh, in case you forgot there are other members that have pics in their sig or do you not care because you don't like our specific pictures?

whatever. :roll:

ha. i'll just be boring from now on so we can have discussions about JW stuff and not have people pick on other things to talk about. :wow:

Jeez..you can add this one to the worthless thread pile.

Who gives a censored if a person has pictures on his or her signature. It adds an identity to the person and makes things a little more interesting.

Besides with all of the off-topic junk that one has to scroll thru to read most threads you would think pictures would be the last thing someone would complain about.

Don't mind them, they are just evil fascists who are trying to restrict your freedom. :pukeface: Plus they are too fussy. :mrgreen:

well the polls definitely don't show that the majority of the people who voted like sig pics, unless Figo rigged 'em LOL

i even made my pics small and stuff. Just to clear up space. Oh well, I'll be Boring Ren who just talks about JW and scores. :mrgreen:

well the polls definitely don't show that the majority of the people who voted like sig pics, unless Figo rigged 'em LOL  

i even made my pics small and stuff.  Just to clear up space.  Oh well, I'll be Boring Ren who just talks about JW and scores. :mrgreen:

Please don't Ren. I didn't mind your pics; like you said, they were pretty small (and I miss your Hello Kitty avatar!). I was thinking more of people who have huge pictures of, well, sports stars for example. It's annoying especially when your computer has to load them all. But yours were fine, in my opinion. I don't want you to become boring or introverted!

Ray Barnsbury-worried about Ren

"And on the 2nd page of the score I found an E-flat diminished 7th Chord, but if you turn the page upside down and look at it just right I think it's a cross between a German Augmented 6th and Neopolitan 2nd."

ROTFL Myah-hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I win.

Come on, Ren! You should take it in the spirit it was offered. Do you really think we need a lot of pictures of Ewan MacGregor or Barry Bonds to lend our posts personality? Isn't that why we use language? I mean, look at my posts -- naked as the day they came into the world, and yet they positively teem with personality. (Whether you like that personality or not is beside the point.)

Sorry, Marky, if you found this thread worthless. Apparently, a lot of other people didn't think so. Whether it does any good or not -- it probably won't -- remains to be seen. I wasn't trying to be vindictive. I was hoping at least you'd see the humor behind the insult (especially Hector, from whom we've yet to hear).

Figo, who has nothing at all against avatars -- or Hector or Ren -- and actually misses his Darth Veinous. :cry:

Come on, Ren! You should take it in the spirit it was offered

the spirit in which it was offered was far from friendly.

Do you really think we need a lot of pictures of Ewan MacGregor or Barry Bonds to lend our posts personality?

I never said that I needed pics of Ewan to give me personality. I had personality when I was just HK.

naked as the day they came into the world, and yet they positively teem with personality. (Whether you like that personality or not is beside the point.)  

Agreed.

I was hoping at least you'd see the humor behind the insult (especially Hector, from whom we've yet to hear).  

see the humour behind the insult. hmm. maybe i'm old and gray and wrinkly and have no humour. but i never see the humour in an "insult".

Figo, who has nothing at all against avatars -- or Hector or Ren -- and actually misses his Darth Veinous

if i put Moulin Rouge in my avatar figo will make another poll about non JW avatars. LOL

"And on the 2nd page of the score I found an E-flat diminished 7th Chord, but if you turn the page upside down and look at it just right I think it's a cross between a German Augmented 6th and  Neopolitan 2nd."

?

Confused...

"And on the 2nd page of the score I found an E-flat diminished 7th Chord, but if you turn the page upside down and look at it just right I think it's a cross between a German Augmented 6th and  Neopolitan 2nd."

?

Confused...

being boring. :P

I don't mind them, but, but

with my dial up problems at the house, they take forever to load.

Joe, who will probably change IP providers in the next few months

dial up is the devil.

P. S. Joe, did my pics take a long time to see on your dial up. Not only did i make them small but i tried to reduce the number of colors to make them download quicker.

at my normal dial up speed, they loaded quickly, nearly instantanious, but now with these problem I am having, the letter A takes forever to load.

The phone company says its my modem, my computer people say its my phone lines. banghead banghead banghead

Ren, I adored your Moulin Rouge pics. I never had any major problem with them.

As far as Hector, I don't like the fact that his current one overlaps into subsequent posts. That's annoying as hell.

I think photo signatures should be allowed. Just keep them tasteful and small (like the equivalent of five lines).

Jeff -- who probably will never use an avatar or photo signature -- a comment that will provoke some to most likely question my involvement in this topic :roll:

Uh -- sorry, Trumpeteer. Polls are closed!

Figo, dashing out the door to hit all the cyber cafes and public libraries in the region.