Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Anything more than 2.0 is noise pollution.

In terms of alterations, that classic Jaws example is one of the worst. Not quite as retarded as the removal of the music in Star Wars when the X-Wings cut across the Death Star's axis, but still pretty fucking horrible. In the original version, the sound effects contribute to the overall horror of the scene. It sounds pretty horrifying to me. Now, it just sounds like Brody accidentally knocked over his favorite shot glass while taking a bath. Did someone get fired for that? Spielberg himself signed off on it, so I'll accept his resignation. Fucking idiot.

I once heard it in a shop. The Bose man turned it really loud and I was surprised with how big 'two little speakers and a sub' could sound.

I mean in the original mix you hear echoes of doctors' voices, while there's no echo in the 7.1 one.

The horror!

I guess your post was sarcastic but the dialogue is completely altered too as I've said.

In the new mix there is newly recorded scientific dialogue..

Bose_AE2_audio_headphones_zpst7cetjrf.jp

Weren't you a Bose fan?

A bit too expensive for what it is but it's extremely comfortable and the sound is good (pleasant). I use for TV (when it's late at night).

I once heard it in a shop. The Bose man turned it really loud and I was surprised with how big 'two little speakers and a sub' could sound.

I wouldn't have them in a large home theatre, but for the small room where I have my plasma set up, the Cinemates pack an impressive punch.

I can't watch my films without at least 5.1 sound. HD preferably.

To experience movies through TV speakers alone : absolutely terrible and not at all the way the director envisioned it. Unless it's an old movie.

I can't watch my films without at least 5.1 sound. HD preferably.

absolutely terrible and not at all the way the director envisioned it. Unless it's an old movie.

These comments are contradictory.

You deleted part of my post. Quote me correctly first mate.

422px-Sound-10_2.svg.png

My Dream Theater ! Dolby Atmos included.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish Criterion was able to do this when they had the license! Their transfer is better than the subsequent one StudioCanal put out, but if this restoration makes it obsolete, I'm all for it.

One of the best films ever made.