Heath Ledger dies

Miguel Andrade

Wow . . . that news is truly surprising and shocking!

I wasn't a fan, but I have seen him in a lot of movies (most notably The Patriot and Brokeback Mountain).

Rest in peace.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first when I read the headline I thought it must have been some sort of stupid joke or even more stupid way to advertise a new movie... But then... I felt sad. I wasn't fan of his, but felt verry sorry for him and his family. Just when he was going to reach the top, he's gone... It's also a great pity for the cinema. <_<

very good link. Thanks for posting that Merkel. Hopefully Heath was listening (wherever he is) as that was a tremendous honor to be spoken of so highly by such a great actor, both in terms of Heath's acting abilities and his own personality.

I think a lot of people are saddened by this loss because Ledger did not have that pompous arrogance and did appear to be very grounded and real.

I have gone through this thread and removed several messages, which I should have done in the first place (thank you, Joe).

Please keep it about the man's death and the work he did in life.

Not how he might have died when we know nothing, or comments about media and politics.

Thank you.

I wasn't a fan of his, and I wasn't impressed with his acting although I liked him in Casanova. I thought Brokeback Mountain was a pointless, overhyped bore (not his fault) that sent out a wrong message. I know a lot of you feel otherwise about the foregoing statements.

However, I still felt the circumstances and age of his death - as with anyone who dies in similar circumstances and age- was quite sad. I feel for his family. No one should have to go through that.

:|

• 2 weeks later...

Even more tragic.

I urge people to really be careful with medication. I've seen it happen up close when someone doesn't pay attention and mixes medication, thankfully it didn't turn tragic.

I'm glad it wasn't a suicide (or addiction). I really hope the media can wise up and stop making a spectacle out of tragedies like this. But really, I know they won't.

But it was addiction,what the hell are you thinking.Since when do you take 2 kinds of opiates and 3 kinds of sleeping pills togheter

If you don't get enough sleep, you start thinking irrationally. Considering he wasn't sleeping much during filming of TDK, I can only imagine what his condition was like when he died. Not to mention the influence of any other drugs he might have been doing, clearly he wasn't thinking logically.

Hey, I'm not saying it was intentionnal. But just having all these different "high inducing" pills (2 kinds of opiates and 3 kinds of benzodiazepines) in your possession implies somekind of drug seeking behavior. No way the same doctor prescribed all of this

I think this all un-neccessary chatter.

He made an honest mistake that I've seen other people do when not informed correctly and unfortunately it cost him his life.

We don't need constant debate, we were quick to rush without the facts and now that we have them we still feel the need to drag this out.

He died of an accidental overdose, let the man rest in peace.