Luke Skywalker

The Custom Covers Thread

I just did all the SW covers for my iTunes, so I thought I'd throw them up here as well.

Awesome covers there. Empire Strikes Back isn't coming in now.

Could I get a re-post?

To Jason or any of the moderators: perhaps a 'request' section, thread or post for custom covers could come in handy? I know some people like making their own covers, and others (like myself) are not particularly adept at doing this, so it might help for the cover artists around here to see what people would like to have.

Also, what are you guys making your covers with? I'm still doing it with Nero Cover Designer but that still kind of looks ugly if you put in text yourself.

Request: does anyone have any E.T. back cover for the complete score with room for one's own tracklist?

I'm also still looking for any Deathly Hallows front and back covers.

nice job. there is a slight problem of the shadow (especially the arm) not matching the character though. is it possible to use the shadow from the Empire cover?

Blame Spielberg!

To Jason or any of the moderators: perhaps a 'request' section, thread or post for custom covers could come in handy? I know some people like making their own covers, and others (like myself) are not particularly adept at doing this, so it might help for the cover artists around here to see what people would like to have.

Also, what are you guys making your covers with? I'm still doing it with Nero Cover Designer but that still kind of looks ugly if you put in text yourself.

Request: does anyone have any E.T. back cover for the complete score with room for one's own tracklist?

I'm also still looking for any Deathly Hallows front and back covers.

I use MS Paint.

there is a slight problem of the shadow (especially the arm) not matching the character though.

You do realize though that the whole shadow isn't "matching" as it's the shadow of the comic book version of Tintin? You know, as a nod to Hergé? No?

is it possible to use the Shadows of the Empire cover?

You mean like this?

tinqi.jpg

;)

tintin.jpg

nice job. there is a slight problem of the shadow (especially the arm) not matching the character though. is it possible to use the shadow from the Empire cover?

:blink: That's the whole point. Its the modern CGI Tintin in front, and the shadow is the comic Herge Tintin.

there is a slight problem of the shadow (especially the arm) not matching the character though.

You do realize though that the whole shadow isn't "matching" as it's the shadow of the comic book version of Tintin? You know, as a nod to Hergé? No?

I knew it was the comic book version, I just don't know why it didn't occur to me that it was intentional. =P

Can Jason enlighten us in that matter?

Because I was going to order in a couple of days from amazon.co.uk.

If the American version is with one track more, I'll wait of course..

Uhm, I just put that 'sticker' on there as a joke. You got that right...? ;)

EDIT: See Jason's comment.

Can Jason enlighten us in that matter?

Because I was going to order in a couple of days from amazon.co.uk.

If the American version is with one track more, I'll wait of course..

Uhm, I just put that 'sticker' on there as a joke. You got that right...? ;)

EDIT: See Jason's comment.

oh, ok....

:lick: