Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Now really, we are complaining that 20 seconds of music are not released, but mainly because in the set there are two cues that could have included them and they dont seem to. Same case scenario as edited basket game and Desert chase.

People has already accepted that there are cues that will remain unreleased.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just accept the damn set for what it is. Who cares about 20 seconds of missing music?

you weren't a film score fan in the 1980's and thought it would really be neat to have that Indy/Short round interpolation on c.d. one day. Please spare us comments like that .

and Vosk,your just choosing which scores you want to be obsessive about. Since your looking to edit every unreleased note from the SW prequels I wish you'd stop commenting about people being obsessive about the Indy scores when your doing the exact same thing in another thread

and Vosk,your just choosing which scores you want to be obsessive about.

You damn right I am. Because I'm not as obsessive about everything John Williams scores like you and a lot of others here are.

Just accept the damn set for what it is. Who cares about 20 seconds of missing music?

Xcuse me but you are going to spend about 40$ in some unreleased crap from TDK...

More variations of the 2 note Batman theme? I still can't believe that score can pass off as film music

Xcuse me but you are going to spend about 40$ in some unreleased crap from TDK...

Not even chronologically ordered.

I'm not going to spend $40 on the expanded Dark Knight score, my brother is. And who cares what else I purchase and what order it's in, it's only 20 damn seconds. You'll have like 80 other minutes of unreleased music. Enjoy it for Christ's sake.

atleast a two note batman theme and a one note joker theme (which fits the character PERFECTLY) is more creative then what is going on in hollywood for 30 years right now.The time of great orchestral scores has to be over soon, or I won't be interested in the same orchestral overused cliches anymore.

That was a period of music I really enjoy and embrace but it is time for change.. The demand for it is def. decreasing.. not beyond you that's for sure.. but why should that count?

atleast a two note batman theme and a one note joker theme (which fits the character PERFECTLY) is more creative then what is going on in hollywood for 30 years right now.

More creative? Surely you jest, and I sort of like the score.

and Vosk,your just choosing which scores you want to be obsessive about.

You damn right I am. Because I'm not as obsessive about everything John Williams scores like you and a lot of others here are.

But (god i cant say this... ;) ) you are obsessive with some of the crappier Williams' scores.

burn the witch!

Oh what a perfect example of a typical openminded jwfan - member you are!

THIS SPACE HAS BEEN INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

PS: :( j/k, you were joking about TDK score, werent you? I can't believe you can think that of that score while having sayd so many good things about classic orchestral scores... :o

PD: ;) , you were joking about TDK score, werent you? I can't believe you can think that of that score while having sayd so many good things about classic orchestral scores... :(

You see, that's the problem most of you have... your brains are poisioned by all these trumpetfanfares, hornblasts and stringruns..

It's an important part of the finale and it'll be a shame if it's missing.

This will be an awesome box set despite it's possible flaws, but it's not above criticism.

Can we please keep HZ and his pathetic excuses for music out of this thread?

yes one has to give in. because talking to you guys about personal tastes is very senseless thing to do.

Its like screaming against the wind..

So lets talk again about this crapfest. indy box everybody keeps whining about

It's an important part of the finale and it'll be a shame if it's missing.

This will be an awesome box set despite it's possible flaws, but it's not above criticism.

It's looking pretty good to me.

But (god i cant say this... ;) ) you are obsessive with some of the crappier Williams' scores.

The difference between you and I and some of the other 'opinions' around here regarding the Prequels, I don't consider them crappy scores, enough said.

PD: :( , you were joking about TDK score, werent you? I can't believe you can think that of that score while having sayd so many good things about classic orchestral scores... :o

You see, that's the problem most of you have... your brains are poisioned by all these trumpetfanfares, hornblasts and stringruns..

I still cannot discern if you are mocking me or not...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, percussion is the key. Purely orchestral scores are boring.

A symphony orchestra has its share of percussion instruments, IIRC.

The difference between you and I and some of the other 'opinions' around here regarding the Prequels, I don't consider them crappy scores, enough said.

I'm in your group there on in the others? (the word ordering is not completely clear for me) Because I dont feel what i wrote, i was joking.

As much as I dislike the TDK score, I have to agree with MissPadmé. Many of you seem to believe that the symphony orchestra is the perfection of musical performance, and that anything else is by definition inferior, regardless of its compositional merit.

As much as I dislike the TDK score, I have to agree with MissPadmé. Many of you seem to believe that the symphony orchestra is the perfection of musical performance, and that anything else is by definition inferior, regardless of its compositional merit.

John williams does no use always a symphony orchestra.

I just like classic instruments, real instruments to be more precise, and pleasant melodies.

By that definition, Presumed Innocent is a lousy score because it uses synths and Close Encounters of the Third Kind is worthless except for some of the final tracks because it doesn't have pleasant melodies.

my definition of 'pleasant melodies' is very wide... (basically everithing but the joker theme ;) )

I'm not fond of Presumed innocent and my favourite tracks from CEOTK are the final ones.

BTW i dont mind synth instruments, as long as they remain an instrument and not orchestra.

PS: with 'I just like' , i should have said 'I simply prefer'

Synths are fine as long as they aren't trying to pass as real instruments. I understand sometimes it works, and that's fine, but with scores like PotC: TBP (which I enjoy quite a bit), I can't help but think it would be even better if it were done with real instruments.

Scores like Heartbeeps wouldn't be nearly as awesome as they are without the synths.

I wouldn't be so bugged by the current trends if they actually WERE doing something really cool and interesting on a regular basis, but TDK isn't exactly the greatest example. A minor third is really THAT creative, MissPadme? I understand the backlash against the harcore "JW and orchestra are the only way to go with film score--all else is crap" mentality, but honestly, even with all the electronics, I WOULD'VE like Begins and TDK more if they really were doing something particularly interesting. Heck, I even kinda like the bat-flaps sound--I just wish it were used in a more fascinating context. As it is, we've got some nifty little ideas here and there spotting a mostly bland underscore.

Something to note though is that, though the extreme rejection of all things not orchestral is bogus, there is a reason that people love it so much: When it's used properly, it's interesting, it's emotional, it fits, and it tends to be more timeless (there are exceptions of course, like if you did a Baroque-style score).

I'm trying to control the discussion of the Batman scores particularly, but I think saying that the orchestral period is coming to an end and such is nothing more than the opposite end of the spectrum, or near it, and not much more helpful. People have said that traditional tonal composition was outdated and boring since the early-mid 20th century or earlier, and look at all the great stuff that has come out since then that utilize if not work entirely in it? I wouldn't underestimate the orchestra like that...but I wouldn't underestimate other styles either.

I have no problem if a composer knows what he/she is doing (Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris) compared to others.

Indeed. I don't have a problem with synths if they're used in a score like what Jerry Goldsmith does...but as Indy4 commented if they try to pass off as a real orchestra then I have a problem with it.

All though I will admit one synth score I don't mind and I actually like is Star Wars: Seeds Of Darkness (fan film score) by Jason Graves who has actually posted here before. While the score itself is synth it is actually very good and very enjoyable to listen to.

There are synth video game scores that are very good. Hearing Uematsu coax such a lush orchestral sound out of the SNES sound system, for example, is a treat. But film scores are a different standard in this regard, synths are best used to compliment the orchestra (Goldsmith) rather than imitating or replacing it.

Personally, my final assembly will include 2 CDs for each score, with a bonus disc of concert versions and alternate performances culled from various sources.

Please PM me when that will be done. ;)

There are synth video game scores that are very good. Hearing Uematsu coax such a lush orchestral sound out of the SNES sound system, for example, is a treat. But film scores are a different standard in this regard, synths are best used to compliment the orchestra (Goldsmith) rather than imitating or replacing it.

So many great 8-bit scores.

;)

It's only a matter time before someone figures out the Direct Note Access software and leaks an entire fake box set !

I suspect that by the time it actually works to the degree we would need it to, the industry will have come to its senses and started releasing complete scores anyway ;)

Or we'll have put a man on Mars. Not sure which is most unlikely given the idiots in charge of everything these days.

As long as the final product sounds good, I don't care how it got there. Oh my Hans Zimmer had an additional composer let's all bash him. Oh Howard Shore had some for LOTR?? I don't believe it!!!! Give me a break.

Except we're talking about synths.

As long as the final product sounds good, I don't care how it got there. Oh my Hans Zimmer had an additional composer let's all bash him. Oh Howard Shore had some for LOTR?? I don't believe it!!!! Give me a break.

I realize that, but it's the same principle. Who cares what's used as long as the final product is good?

Hello, everyone! I am back from my... sabbatical.... Anyways, I concur with whoever is saying that we should be grateful for what we have. Seriously! How many minutes of music are we missing? Five, at the most?

I realize that, but it's the same principle. Who cares what's used as long as the final product is good?

In certain situations, the final product will sound worse if it is composed of synths. In some cases, it will sound better.

The principal is entirely different.

Hello, everyone! I am back from my... sabbatical.... Anyways, I concur with whoever is saying that we should be grateful for what we have. Seriously! How many minutes of music are we missing? Five, at the most?

yeah,but it's all about the interpolation,man