Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

It's only a matter time before someone figures out the Direct Note Access software and leaks an entire fake box set !

It is not a matter of 'figuring out' the software. It has not been released yet. But obviously they have it, and it is working. Shouldn't really be too long before all the bugs are worked out and it is released. Looking forward to that day.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Synths are fine as long as they aren't trying to pass as real instruments. I understand sometimes it works, and that's fine, but with scores like PotC: TBP (which I enjoy quite a bit), I can't help but think it would be even better if it were done with real instruments.

I feel the same way about The Lion King, which is actually one of Zimmer's very best.

The problem with Zimmer is that he uses synths as a crutch. You get the impression that he can't work well with actual orchestras, that he can only function when he's using a computer.

I don't believe this track time. If the 1st disc run only 73 mins long, why wouldn't they put the short version of Raider's March in since there are still space (7 mins left) for containing it?

I'll need more others source to believe it.

Still ,the only way to get those track times is to base them on a bootleg or DVD rips . What a waste of time for the guy who has to fill in the data.This is a big media store,would they do that?

Ricard also has accepted those track times as official on the main page. Usually he makes sure the info is accurate before posting it .

There is at least ONE thing seems to be wrong in the exlibris page. The PRIZE! CHF 9.90?! I can't believe it. It's impossible.

As there had already ONE thing was sure for wrong, I think we could presume that there might be more typing error.

How about this: Indiana Jones and the Panic of the Fans' Thread

Ok, so what if The Desert Chase isn't the expanded version and the short Raiders march is on disc five?

So what's the problem? There's still around 80 minutes of previously un-released music.

I think I found the page that ME Russell got his info from

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/10/24/indiana_jones_the_soundtracks_collection_11

Sadly it doesn't link to any further samples from the set

Maybe this page will have samples up soon?

http://www.buy.com/prod/indiana-jones-complete-soundtracks-co/q/loc/109/209826315.html

Ok, so what if The Desert Chase isn't the expanded version and the short Raiders march is on disc five?

You'd think those edited seconds of "Desert Chase" could easily be included if the disc is only 73 minutes.

Especially we presume at the beginning that they took away the short Raider's March was because there were no space left in the first Disc.

Still ,the complete Desert Chase exists on the DCC .One can always download the track somewhere.

As for the Indy/Shorty interpolation...I just re=listened to the DVD rip and it does sound like crap. Maybe I'm not keeping up with things,but when is the trilogy coming out on Blue Ray??

Maybe I'm not keeping up with things,but when is the trilogy coming out on Blue Ray??

Not anytime soon.

Neil

Really???? That would be a no-brainer to me if I were Lucas....AND I would stick the damn reflected snake on there too!

I don't care if it's a few seconds missing here or there... incomplete music will always bother me!

I see that not only I'll have to stick with the DCC, but the leaked version as well... and for those who own the 2-LP, will apparently have to keep it too...

Shame... :)

Still ,the complete Desert Chase exists on the DCC .One can always download the track somewhere.

As for the Indy/Shorty interpolation...I just re=listened to the DVD rip and it does sound like crap. Maybe I'm not keeping up with things,but when is the trilogy coming out on Blue Ray??

If other movies are any indication, I doubt they'll remix the audio just for the blu-ray. I tried that with another blu-ray I hoped would have better rear channels, and it seemed to be exactly the same.

Has anyone noticed? Last week, the price of the set was 26.99 Euro on amazon.de!

I've preordered it then, and now it's back to 34.99 Euro, but I will get it for 26.99.

Pretty cool, huh? I think that's a good deal. :)

Damn you... with postage I'm paying nearly double that. Every media company seems to think they can charge us Brits a lot more than anywhere else :)

You're not from the US are you Jessie? I tend to assume all new members are, but you're ordering from Germany.

Damn you... with postage I'm paying nearly double that. Every media company seems to think they can charge us Brits a lot more than anywhere else :(

You're not from the US are you Jessie? I tend to assume all new members are, but you're ordering from Germany.

Nope, I live in London!

I just ordered it at Amazon.de. Wish I'd seen that price drop in time.

Sorry should have told you, but I thought they'd keep the price...

:)

Ugh, I hate the weakness of the Australian dollar... This set would have been a steal 2 months ago. Damn!

But we should all buy it, it might help solidify complete releases if sales are high enough.

So I was thinking this morning... even though we now know the leak was a fake, it still is useful. For example, because of it, we now have a better version of "The Mummy Cave" than the original bootleg from back in the day.

The question still remains.... what is the source of the leak? It can't just be somebody took the DCC and OST tracks and cleaned up the sound of 3 tracks from the boot.... because of all the new clean endings on the leak that were never available before. I think it must have come from somewhere within Concord or Lucasfilm, how else could that music get out?

And, therefore... if somebody within the system did leak this out... maybe after the box set is released they will leak out further music that isn't in the box?

Well I never listened to the leak, but whoever did it knew that certain cues would be trimmed down versions. This sort of solidifies the theory that it was a prototype release, perhaps even the individual Raiders release. Perhaps it truly was pulled from its planned release date to make further adjustments.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone would worry about Raiders. As far as I can tell, once this set arrives, there isn't an unreleased cue left from the film (barring alternates). We can use a combination of the Concord disc, the DCC disc, and the Laserdisc to get all the cues.

The question still remains.... what is the source of the leak? It can't just be somebody took the DCC and OST tracks and cleaned up the sound of 3 tracks from the boot.... because of all the new clean endings on the leak that were never available before. I think it must have come from somewhere within Concord or Lucasfilm, how else could that music get out?

I suspect it was a test pressing that was meant to be for internal use only, maybe for approval by LucasFilm or Williams' camp.

However, if those track timings are accurate, I don't have anything to complain about. The two things that bug me a little bit are the edited "Desert Chase" and the still incomplete "Finale" from Temple of Doom. But these are details in the end, I'm still very excited to have so much Indy music finally available. :)

after this release comes out i will have the complete scores for all three films including all the source music heard. I'll finally have over the himalayas without the engine noise in the back. If anyone wants any of the tracks from any of the films that isn't available I have then including source music just pm me. I have a really good edit of the nazis march including the percussion i ripped from the dvd

Damn you... with postage I'm paying nearly double that. Every media company seems to think they can charge us Brits a lot more than anywhere else :(

Nope, I live in London!

Hmm, hadn't occurred to me that it might be cheaper to import from Europe to the UK (I'm from Surrey so roughly the same boat as you) - there's proof they're overcharging us! Although I guess the exchange rate probably has a part to play.

Oh well, I'm gona stick with Amazon UK because I can be more certain of when it'll be delivered, and avoid several probably torturous days at work :)

However, if those track timings are accurate, I don't have anything to complain about. The two things that bug me a little bit are the edited "Desert Chase" and the still incomplete "Finale" from Temple of Doom. But these are details in the end, I'm still very excited to have so much Indy music finally available. :(

I will just keep the Desert Chase cue from the DCC, which I have in 320k mp3 anyway, and maybe keep the new one as an alternate at the end for its no doubt improved sound quality. I can live with the whole ToD issue - my disappointment is more with the additional tracks it looks like I'll have to include from the Crusade boot (and at least the boot isn't mono or anything, just sounds distant and highly compressed).

Richard how much are you paying at Amazon, it's on www.moviegrooves.com for £33 is that's of help to you? Only caveat is you have to wait until mid-end November for delivery...

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/indianajo...ndtracksbox.htm

I'm currently paying £37 including postage, and being Amazon I will hopefully get it on release day which here is the 17th. Doubt any other stores would be able to beat that, if you also include the inevitable delay, so I'm fairly happy where I am.

Why do all these stores keep changing their price? I can understand exchange rate fluctuations, but not at Amazon.com

Guest seventiesfilmnut

Have you ordered it from Amazon UK or importing it from Amazon.com?

EDIT: my bad (whatever that means LOL!) just seen you said Amazon UK. May have to cancel my existing order so I get this release on/near the release date!

I think it's possible that the TOD disc COULD contain the complete, actual film end credits.

Every other track on disc 2 is 4-6 seconds shorter than its TOD OST counterpart, and also they are all named the same as their OST counterparts. However, the End Credits not only lists an identical time to its OST track, but also changes the name (from "Finale and End Credits" to just "End Credits").

So, we know that the full end credits run about 6 minutes (20 seconds we can right now only hear in the film, plus 0:37-end of the OST Track (which was 6:19)... So 0:20 + 5:42 is about 6 minutes.) The Concord track length is 6:19, which could indicate some extra music in there that we didn't know about, plus extra silence at the beginning/end. It's possible.

I also think it's possible that "X Marks The Spot" could be the actual full "X Marks The Spot" track, and not the "Flight To Venice / X Marks The Spot" composite that the OST gave us. At 3:11, that is 4 seconds longer than the OST version.... Now, the "Flight To Venice" cue runs 1:03 and the full "X Marks The Spot" cue runs 2:49.... the OST version combined "Flight To Venice" with the first 2:04 of "X Marks The Spot" for a total of 3:07.... but at 3:11, maybe the Concord version is just X Marks The Spot, and the cue actually runs 20 seconds longer than can be heard in the film? Again, it's possible...

how much does it cost to ship to a EU country in amazon.de?

becasue it may be cheaper that i have in amazon.com

And damn it was cheaper when it was 25€ for sure :thumbup:

DOes anyone know of this ex libris price will remain so if you preorder it like in amazon?

7 euros is very very tempting for theis amazing set...

Hey gang,

I made a spreadsheet that attempts to line up the Concord cues with the OST & DCC Cues, as well as what we know about the missing music.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcw...Go2U0GCQLDFCKPA

Looks like there's about 4 minutes of Raiders, 24 minutes of Temple, and 15 minutes of Last Crusade (not counting film mixes and source music) that remain unreleased.

Edit: Apparently Google Spreadsheets can't merge cells vertically, so some stuff is formatted kinda crappy in the Google version compared to my original excel version (ie I had Desert Chase take up 3 rows in all but the cue list, etc), but I think the gist comes through.

it costs 41 € at amazon.de

and with the dollar-euro exchange today it costs nearly 43.

Surely the german site will arrive here sooner.

i'll order with germany and if the dollar does not drop i'll cancel the US order...

I think it's possible that the TOD disc COULD contain the complete, actual film end credits.

Every other track on disc 2 is 4-6 seconds shorter than its TOD OST counterpart, and also they are all named the same as their OST counterparts. However, the End Credits not only lists an identical time to its OST track, but also changes the name (from "Finale and End Credits" to just "End Credits").

So, we know that the full end credits ru.........es.) The Concord track length is 6:19, which could indicate some extra music in there that we didn't know about, plus extra silence at the beginning/end. It's possible.

.... version.... Now, the "Flight To Venice" cue runs 1:03 and the full "X Marks The Spot" cue runs 2:49.... the OST version combined "Flight To Venice" with the first 2:04 of "X Marks The Spot" for a total of 3:07.... but at 3:11, m......ually runs 20 seconds longer than can be heard in the film? Again, it's possible...

:thumbup:

Anything is possible...

Looks like there's about 4 minutes of Raiders, 24 minutes of Temple, and 15 minutes of Last Crusade (not counting film mixes and source music) that remain unreleased.

You're saying there's more music missing from Temple than Crusade? That's surprising.

your counting stuff that's making it seem worse than it is. Escape from Venise film mix?

your counting stuff that's making it seem worse than it is. Escape from Venise film mix?

The Film Mixes were NOT counted in my 15 minutes listed above.

And yes, the version of "Escape From Venice" in the film is a very different mix (possible partial different performance?) than the OST version

I'd say about 12 minutes is really missing from ToD ,not counting those various ceremony film mixes and bridge percussions (to me it counts for 15 seconds in real time)

I'd say about 12 minutes is really missing from ToD ,not counting those various ceremony film mixes and bridge percussions (to me it counts for 15 seconds in real time)

You know, I've been meaning to go back and pay closer attention sometime to the ceremony music in the film.... didn't somebody here say once that they could be just looped/extended versions of the album track?

You're saying there's more music missing from Temple than Crusade? That's surprising.

It's not that surprising considering there is 85 minutes of TOD music in the new set and 91 minutes of Last Crusade music... and the two scores are 110 and 107 minutes respectively...

Damn you... with postage I'm paying nearly double that. Every media company seems to think they can charge us Brits a lot more than anywhere else :thumbup:

RichUK,

You're being robbed, mate!

HMV are selling it for 24 quid: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetail...&sku=891834

That's a full 11 sheets less than Amazon's current price...

Still Unreleased Important Music:

-ToD:

The Starving Village

A Plea for Help (?)

The Maharaja

End Credits (film Version opening) (?)

-Last Crusade:

Package From Dad

Inscription on the Rock

The Two Joneses (?)