• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Quintus

The Official Future Films Thread

13328 posts in this topic

Who is Leiv Schieber supposed to be?

Sabretooth. If I remember correctly, Weapon X is the organization that created them, had them work together for a while with a group of other mutants, and then ended in disaster, which each going their separate way. That group was a precursor the X-Men. That, in short, is the movie.

Wow, it has been a while since I did anything with X-Men. Does anyone else remember that awesome cartoon ( what was it called, "X-Men: Evolution"?) that aired many years ago?

I didn't watch that one. I watched the one before that on FOX in the early 90s. That was a great show.

I wonder if this X-Men Origins Wolverine movie will show how Wolverine knew Captain America from World War II. I doubt it, because i don't think that Marvel is going to mix their Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk/Thor/Avengers franchises with their X-Men film franchise, which aside from two Origins movie is pretty much over.

Is anyone looking forward to "9"? It is produced by Tim Burton and that guy who directed "Wanted". To me, it looks kind of like a video game, but that is not exactly a bad thing. Apparently, Danny Elfman will be scoring it, as well. I think it looks pretty good, all things considered, although they really need to find better trailer music.

Concept art of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's upcoming film, Alice In Wonderland.

The page says it might be fake, though, so maybe not. I thought the entire thing was going to be animated, but maybe not.

mad-hatter.jpg

If this proves to be real...then it's a step in the right direction.

If by right direction you mean Burton being very predictable/repeating himself then yes, it is.

If by right direction you mean Burton being very predictable/repeating himself then yes, it is.

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one who thought this. I saw this pictures and simply shrugged thinking, this image wasn't surprising. I thought it'll be another "Burton" film. Nothing wrong with a "Burton" film but his out there style is no longer out there for me since he does it every time.

I do not know... that image looks a little...not...real. This is supposed to be a motion-capture film, am I correct?

Honestly, how do you see that as a fake? It's real, or Johnny Depp likes to dress up with rabbits and take pictures of himself and then spread them on the internet. The film is live-action.

I don't tire of Burton's usual style, just because I love it so much. His style may not be unique for Burton, but it's still a ton of fun to watch.

Honestly, how do you see that as a fake? It's real, or Johnny Depp likes to dress up with rabbits and take pictures of himself and then spread them on the internet. The film is live-action.

Because of this.

I don't tire of Burton's usual style, just because I love it so much. His style may not be unique for Burton, but it's still a ton of fun to watch.

What?

[because of this.

The film will be 3-D, as any overview of the film production will tell you. Of course, that could be a conceptual model for the digital designers to base the character on.

What?

Meaning that due to Burton's overuse of surrealistic styles, Alice in Wonderland won't be unique in terms of stylistic vision. However, because I am a huge fan of Burton's use of surrealism, I eagerly anticipate this film.

[because of this.

The film will be 3-D, as any overview of the film production will tell you. Of course, that could be a conceptual model for the digital designers to base the character on.

I wasn't speculating about whether it'll be in 3-D or not, I was speculating about whether the film will be completely or partially animated.

And I have found my answer.

“The movie is a mixture of live action, animation, and stop motion, so it’s very complicated and I don’t think all three have been put together ever before,” reveals Rickman. “So I’ll be with a live action Alice. I will be a construct.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/19/tim-bu...he-caterpillar/

Keira Knightley and Colin Farrell are set to star in London Boulevard, a crime drama that marks the directing debut of The Departed screenwriter William Monahan. The film is based on the Ken Bruen novel, which Monahan adapted.

Graham King is producing under his GK Films banner, with Monahan and Quentin Curtis. The film will shoot this summer in and around London.

Farrell, who just won the Golden Globe for In Bruges, will play a South London criminal who, after release from prison, tries to give up the gangster life by becoming a handyman for a reclusive young actress.

Link

Looking forward to this one

This...would...be...awesome!

Thundercats, ho!

Great, when I finally thought I would never see Snarf-Snarf or whatever his name was again....

Im quite anxious to see the movie Knowing.

since its a Nick Cage movie, most of us are Knowing there is a good chance it won't be the best movie.

But I do love the premise.

since its a Nick Cage movie, most of us are Knowing there is a good chance it won't be the best movie.

What is it about Cage starring in films that contain national secrets, predictions or glimpses of the future?

I hope it's not as disappointing as "Next". I still regret the loss of my ticket money (and poor Julianne Moore ;-))

Why does a movie like that need to be made?

Because Tarantino has a gigantic ego.

He's a genius. All he does is steal, I mean be inspired, from the movies he loves. I wouldn't call that ego. Inglourious Basterds is what he described as a Spaghetti western in Nazi occupied France. Too bad Morricone can't compose because of the damn Weinstein's. Nonetheless it'll be filled with his music.

I was disappointed by the trailer. I was expecting something a little more serious, but it looks like a gore-fest exploitation film. We already have a director that can bring violence and humor together, and his name is Robert Rodriguez. I hope Tarantino returns to his usual style.

please QT is not a genius, he's often a freaking idiot.

Why does a movie like that need to be made?

Because Tarantino has a gigantic ego.

He's a genius. All he does is steal, I mean be inspired, from the movies he loves. I wouldn't call that ego. Inglourious Basterds is what he described as a Spaghetti western in Nazi occupied France. Too bad Morricone can't compose because of the damn Weinstein's. Nonetheless it'll be filled with his music.

I was disappointed by the trailer. I was expecting something a little more serious, but it looks like a gore-fest exploitation film. We already have a director that can bring violence and humor together, and his name is Robert Rodriguez. I hope Tarantino returns to his usual style.

I don't think he's a genius. He clearly thinks he's a genius, but he's really a good filmmaker who can sometimes write good dialogue and occasionally picks decent music, when he's not operating under his ego (see next sentence). I mention his ego, because he seems to think we all are dying to watch the movies he makes, and seems determined for us all to love grindhouse movies as much as he does when frankly most of them are terrible and usually worth watching only for the music and ironic value (see JAWS 3). I can't watch one of his movies without imagining him at the side going 'I used a Charlie Feathers song, look how hip I am!'

please QT is not a genius, he's often a freaking idiot.

He's no genius and if anything he's severely overrated, BUT Pulp Fiction is not only a masterpiece of contemporary cinema; it also the most revolutionary film of the 90s. The screenplay alone IS a stroke of sheer genius.

Pulp Fiction is as rewatchable as Jaws and I don't say that lightly, as if I had to say.

it also the most revolutionary film of the 90s.

I think TOY STORY would have something to say about that.

I haven't seen the film in a long time, and I don't really have a desire to. I'll admit it's well written, but it personifies the 'I'm hip!' thematics of his work. I think his best film is one he didn't direct, TRUE ROMANCE.

Toy Story is sublime, but Pulp is the movie most remembered. And copied.

Pixar bettered Toy Story. Nobody has bettered Pulp Fiction.

Nobody has bettered Pulp Fiction.

In what way, exactly? There have been better films since PULP FICTION.

Actually, looking back, JURASSIC PARK or T2 are probably the most revolutionary.

Love the film though I do, I would not consider Jurassic Park "revolutionary", from a non-technical perspective.

Nobody has bettered Pulp Fiction.

In what way, exactly? There have been better films since PULP FICTION.

Actually, looking back, JURASSIC PARK or T2 are probably the most revolutionary.

I'm talking in terms of movies like Pulp Fiction, in that they are movies where the branching and interwoven narrative is almost as important as the story itself.

I agree that JP and T2 were revolutionary, but not in the same sense that PF was.

What I find quite intriguing is your apparent assumption that you thought I was speaking about technical revolutions in film, when I was actually talking about the bare basics of good film - story and structure.

I'm talking in terms of movies like Pulp Fiction, in that they are movies where the branching and interwoven narrative is almost as important as the story itself.

I agree that JP and T2 were revolutionary, but not in the same sense as PF was.

I see.

Not in the same sense, no, but then you'd have to qualify 'the most revolutionary film of the 90s' with the explanation. On its own, I don't think it supports the statement, because there were a few revolutionary movies in that decade.

Love the film though I do, I would not consider Jurassic Park "revolutionary", from a non-technical perspective

Neither would I.

What I find quite intriguing is your apparent assumption that you thought I was speaking about technical revolutions in film, when I was actually talking about the bare basics of good film - story and structure.

I didn't assume that at all, I just took the term "revolutionary" at face value.

Me too, and I believe PF to be more influential than TS was.

It is your "face value" which I referred to earlier. I'm not criticising you at all, you understand.