What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Him telling a grieving woman to shut up at a funeral was caricature Larry and not classic Larry, though....

It wasn't subtle that's for sure! When was Larry ever subtle :lol:

Now this is what you call perfect casting.  Colman is the best British actress on TV for my money.

'The Crown' Casts Olivia Colman to Replace Claire Foy

It makes sense that Foy can't play QE2 after season 2.  Using make-up to age her up would be a little distracting at best.

A black chick that seems to be covering up an accent is playing Marion Crane, a name which doesn't suit her at all. It has to be one of the top white lady names ever. I would have been fine with them changing it to something more exotic for the show.

Meanwhile, I don't know what the hell is going on with season 2 of Gotham. While the first season was by no means perfect, it was still focused (despite interpolating many characters and storylines) and compelling. It kept you watching. This season is very challenging. I don't know who many of these characters are or what they're doing. Michael Chiklis is once again playing a cop. He should have been a mob guy. Characters who were previously interesting are just boring now. I hope it gets better.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

A black chick that seems to be covering up an accent is playing Marion Crane, a name which doesn't suit her at all. It has to be one of the top white lady names ever. I would have been fine with them changing it to something more exotic for the show.

//stefanacosmania

Racism!

Stranger Things S2 Ep1: Madmax

Pretty good so far. I don't really remember how good the first season was, so I don't have much to compare it to. If I'm remembering correctly, there was a lot more popular 80's music in this than there was in season one. Sean Astin is pretty good. All in all, it's just an episode that sets up for the rest of the season. Will watch ep2 tomorrow

Everything is bigger, and there is more of all of it (ex. we go from one alien villain, to an army of them). Nothing is really new, just the stakes and numbers have increased. Gone is the mystique and intrigue of the first season's best moments, at least visually. Instead, everything is more streamlined and action-packed this time. But where Aliens makes a great action flickthis season feels all too familiar to really keep me entertained. 

Curb epi 5. 

Things have really settled down with this now to the point that the latest episode could have been from any other season and slotted in there completely seamlessly. It's still remarkable to me, how "pure" Curb they managed to get it to feel like again, after such a long break. Standard David antics and business as usual this week, plenty of amusing moments and typically awkward scenarios, even if none of them were standout hilarious on this occasion. Nothing out of the ordinary there at all. I'll take another ten of these next year, cheers.

Actually i stopped shortly after the opening credits. Bill Conti obviously modeled his theme on the Supeman march...and the result is not half bad! (the incidental music seemed also rather rich and luxurious for tv music but it has never been made available).

Mindhunter: Episode 7

Everybody's favorite moment was of course the breakdown scene:

MV5BZGIwYWYzYTQtNzMwZi00ZGEzLThkOWQtNzE0

But my favorite moment was smaller, way smaller:

Mindhunter-cat.jpg

Alex

Curb Your Enthusiasm 9x05 Thank You For Your Service

ROTFLMAO

Great episode!  Pretty much completely classic Curb throughout.  Firing on all cylinders now!

Actually a pretty good episode to show to a newcomer, as it doesn't really relate to this season's plots (fatwa, Cheryl/Ted), it stands alone very well.

Watching the Bake Off finale tonight.  It's frustrating because there's one person (Kate) who so clearly does not belong in the final and it's stupid that she got this far.  I haven't followed social media reaction at all but I have to think there was a revolt when Liam was booted out of the tent like there was in my house.

I'm still watching Gotham, but it's gotten pretty bad. Last night, I watched the third scene in the show's history where Alfred assaults a female. I don't know why he's always beating up chicks. That's a great example of how weird this show is and how especially weird it's gotten in its second season.

There was one episode last season where people invaded Wayne Manor to capture Selina Kyle. Alfred suddenly punches a chick in the face and starts blowing guys away with a firearm. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. This season, he slapped Selina across the face for murdering his friend and got into a fight with some black lady with a whip after describing a chick who tried to use Bruce as slutty. I would say this version of Alfred is more realistic and relatable.

I started watching the Netflix Original Series Gypsy starring Naomi Watts. Pretty good so far. Ms. Watts is showing her age. It's pretty hot. Anyway, she plays...dual roles so far. By day, she's a therapist who shows just enough leg during sessions to give you a hard-on the likes of which you haven't had in months and remind you of your manhood. She's married and has a child that may or may not be a lesbian or trans. She gets pretty naked in the first episode. By night, she lies that she's a single writer, drinks bourbon and goes off in search of young lesbian love. Wait, what? She can't do that! Shoot her! Or something! She even takes the same pills I used to take. Same dosage, too.

Huh.  I hadn't heard of that show at all, so I looked it up.  I have bad news for you.  Wiki says "On August 11, 2017, the show was cancelled after one season"

The Disco household watched the first episode of Mindhunter last night.  Pretty good.  Interesting enough that we'll watch episode 2 tonight at least.

Although I feel it overexaggerates how much crime (then or now) has "unexplainable" motives.  They grab the headlines of course but the vast majority of violent crime in America is still motivated by the "need or greed" thing.  Robberies, jealous boyfriends, etc.