What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

VVa3lael6pkrfw7qWeNCrTN0o1_1280.png

In this prequel learn how Bishop was send into space. 6/10

Alex

Should we need to use reverse Google image search to know what movie that is? I mean, I haven't watched Close Encounters for twenty years so I didn't know that. 

On 8/26/2016 at 3:01 PM, Lonnegan said:

His wife must get so turned on. 

Actually he divorced his wife (/mother of his three kids) and is currently dating this coworker of his:

image.jpg (500×500)

1240624_577882328916413_1696817092_n.jpg (704×960)

dlkx5EO.jpg (655×1024)

3 hours ago, WojinPA said:

Should we need to use reverse Google image search to know what movie that is? I mean, I haven't watched Close Encounters for twenty years so I didn't know that. 

Well, now you do. The movie also shows us what Apollo Creed was doing after his fight with Rocky.

apollo.PNG

35 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

The movie also shows us what Apollo Creed was doing after his fight with Rocky.

You mean after the fight and before going to the hospital demanding a rematch, he went out west to watch aliens? I call shenanigans. 

No, they were able to kill him because an alligator ate his hand.  Tournament down in Florida. Hooked his ball in the rough down by the lake. Damned alligator just POPPED up, cut him down on his prime. It got him, but he tore one of that bastard's eyes out though. Look at that.

20 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Brilliant film. 

I just noticed that I was ninja'd again with reply. Took me 11 hours to notice. 

This f**king site... 

Kill List is brilliant too, Lee.

Karol

I went to the EYE Film Institute in Amsterdam this weekend to see Jurassic Park on the big screen. It was fantastic seeing this movie projected in glorious 2D 35mm. Sure, there was dirt and there were scratches and the reel changes were quite noticeable. But it was fantastic to see one of my favorite films of all time projected in pretty much the same way it was projected when it was first released. I love the cinematography, the sound design, the score, the effects. Everything about this film is great and I had a fantastic time seeing it this way. Good times at the cinema.

I just love Jurassic Park. And sure, apart from all the great stuff I mentioned before, there's a few flaws as well. Yet every time one of them pops up, I realize again and again that I don't care. The plot holes, the rampant continuity errors, the paper-thin characters. It doesn't matter when your film's sense of fun and adventure is this strong and its craftsmanship so in tune with it. It's a movie directed with extreme confidence, despite its creators exploring completely new and game-changing technology. It's the definition of movie magic.

"Zis is too much. It ees not effizient."

It's perfect, though. It announces both the movie's sense of fun and adventure and underlines the promise of a fantastic theme park given in the movie itself (a promise that is then, of course, mercilessly broken).

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Is the novel worth reading?

I read it twice, before the film and a few years later (both times in German). I want to read it again at some point.

From my recollection, it's very much worth reading - and very much undermined by the film, which leaves out most of the plot, most of the logic and most of what the book is about. I don't even think the film is well made, save for a few key sequences.

The novel I read after the movie, I was probably 16. It was just okay. Like Jaws it worked better as a movie which cut out all of the needless chaff. 

The scoring approach to Journey to the Island is utter perfection. It was an absolutely thrilling and magical sequence in the cinema. 

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Nic Cage's quintessential performance. The film is a must watch. 

The moment you said it I knew instantly what film. It's transcendental.

Karol

Watching Dressed to Kill right now. Gotta love the Arrow releases, they are all stellar.

By the way, I just realised today is my 10th anniversary on JWFan. Happy anniversary to me! ;)

Karol

Yes, many happy returns.

Aren't those Arrow releases just the best? I watched the Arrow ROLLERBALL, the other day: beautiful transfer! 

Honestly, it's worth buying an Arrow just for the cheesey, cheap 'n' cheerful animated logo.

Arrow are just behind Eureka, and BFI in quality merchandise.