Jay

STAR WARS general thread

It's a bit odd musically that the Imperial March just drops out in film 4.

You understand that Star Wars came out in 1977 and the Imperial March wasn't written until 1980* right?

*written 1979, recorded 1980

I would argue that the Imperial March shouldn't have been in Episode 1 or 2 either. And maybe not even 3.

In SW, Vader is really a lackey under Tarkin's rule. It's only in TESB that he gains control of the entire fleet of starships, and earns his March.

I would argue that the Imperial March shouldn't have been in Episode 1 or 2 either. And maybe not even 3.

In SW, Vader is really a lackey under Tarkin's rule. It's only in TESB that he gains control of the entire fleet of starships, and earns his March.

And why does Luke's theme open the first 3 movies?

Tradition!

Wasn't there reports he wrote a new opening title theme for TPM, but George asked for the classic one instead?

Maybe that recording will turn up one day, if it was recorded, and if the story is even true.

Yeah, but the average moviegoer expected to hear it, so...

Had it not been in there, people would have been like: "Why didn't they use the Imperial March for the shot where the Clone Army is shown going to war? It should have been in there! And when Ani turns to the Dark Side too! And why wasn't it in the fourth film? Same question regarding Jar-Jar and Sebulba."

I agree. Williams shouldn't have used the Imperial March in the PT, but I understand why he did. He should have a developed a new theme for an adult Anakin or modified little Annie's theme.

I agree. Williams shouldn't have used the Imperial March in the PT, but I understand why he did. He should have a developed a new theme for an adult Anakin or modified little Annie's theme.

Wasn't that the plan with Episode I? Episode II shot that to hell.

Wasn't that the plan with Episode I? Episode II shot that to hell.

The Imperial March is used in TPM.

Fair enough. I'm not sure how you could develop that and make it suitable for adult Anakin since it's just a backwards engineered IM anyway.

They cheated. They added five years of suppressed puberty and jumped straight to John Williams' first love theme for the Star Wars franchise.