The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Ages ago now, many were subjected to the horror of Stu's true guise.

Bloodboal never recovered.....

GAZE UPON MY BEAUTIFUL AND TERRIBLE VISAGE!

IMG_2253.jpg

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He does look, thin...and gaunt.

*Gollum...gollum* 

We wept to be so alone. And we forgot the taste of bread, the sound of trees, the softness of the wind......

18 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I thought the fans considered it all one long series.

That's because it is.

13 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Agreed!

:angry:

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

We now have our first blonde Doctor since Peter Davison!  As a blondie myself, I can only approve.

Er...have you seen Colin Baker?

18 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Not this fan!  Hence why it’s season 11 that’s starting, not 39 or whatever, despite Richard’s protestations.

:angry: and that's 36!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Only 5 months late for no explained reason.

Covering the most underrated and underwatched era, the Capaldi era.  I will die on the cross of explaining to people the show was actually great during those years.

He maybe didn't always get the writing he deserved, but a terrific Doctor nonetheless. The anti-war speech from the Zygon two-parter and 'I do what I do because it's right, it's decent ... and above all, it's kind' to the Master and Missy being amongst his finest moments for me.   

That season 10 ending two parter was just pure class.  Gets better with age that.  Fantastic multi-master story with an interesting timey wimey conceit, GREAT arcs for Bill, the Doctor and even Nardole.  Seriously among the best stories Moffat ever did.

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Only 5 months late for no explained reason.

Covering the most underrated and underwatched era, the Capaldi era.

The most underrated and underwatched era, was the McCoy era. There were some truly great DOCTOR WHO stories, then.

Give me REMEMBERANCE OF THE DALEKS, THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE GALAXY, or THE CURSE OF FENRIC, over anything that Moffatt had to offer.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

The most underrated and underwatched era, was the McCoy era. There were some truly great DOCTOR WHO stories, then.

Different series though ;) 

Hehehe ... I know Stu was only teasing, but Russell T Davies was absolutely adamant that 2005 was a continuation not a reboot. Hence Eccleston being the Ninth Doctor and not the First.  

2 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Hehehe ... I know Stu was only teasing, but Russell T Davies was absolutely adamant that 2005 was a continuation not a reboot. Hence Eccleston being the Ninth Doctor and not the First.  

And I agree with him. TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY also are continuations (if sometimes overlapping) set consistently in the same universe. And yet they're separate series.

2 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Fuck, yeah!

See? SEE?!

50 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

And I agree with him. TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY also are continuations (if sometimes overlapping) set consistently in the same universe. And yet they're separate series.

Yep!  I mean the formats of the TWO shows are entirely different.  Just that alone is enough to make me consider them separate series.

• 1 month later...

I'll be in Italy that weekend. I won't be able to watch it until Monday evening, or perhaps even Tuesday evening!

Monday would be infinitely preferable, or I won't dare go on the internet at work on Tuesday for fear of spoilers.