Greg1138

Can't wait for this to start on Sky. They never, ever, EVER should have killed off Tony though.

If it took 3 days for Jesus to resurrect after the crucifixion, does that mean I can look forward to Almeida's miraculous return to CTU some time around season 8? And single too, now that Michelle's out of the way? :rolleyes:

I can dream, can't I?

B)

How come your "Treachorous Snake Woman" thing is still working.....I thought they were all deactivated???

And no - you're not allowed a Tony until all other possibilities have been exhausted.

:ola:

PS - see you in the chat room Sunday night after it's finished!

6am - 7 am... :D

Not too impressed. Felt like it was jumping into the series halfway through, left me cold. It was definitely different though.

7am - 8am... B)

This is more like it. Alexander Siddig seems to be enjoying himself... But Jack Bauer, getting hesitant about torturing people? Say it ain't so...

I think it was intentionally designed to feel like jumping in halfway through. Which is quite a challenge.

But I didn't really like it in the end, because it gave no time for build-up and suspense before the action happens. It was just diving in there head over heels. No crouch before the leap, if you will.

btw, does anyone else think the muslim organisations offended by the first episodes of 24 S6 completely missed the show's point regarding ethnic profiling and prejudices? :D

btw, does anyone else think the muslim organisations offended by the first episodes of 24 S6 completely missed the show's point regarding ethnic profiling and prejudices? :D

Yeah, but the definitions of such organizations is pretty much to complain about something or other. Rather like the Jar-Jar as a black sterotype nonsense.

And just remember, Mr. Moderator, if it gets political, you started it! ;)

Rather like the Jar-Jar as a black sterotype nonsense.

:D

And just remember, Mr. Moderator, if it gets political, you started it! ;)

When the time comes, I'll deny everything.

Last night's developments make me nervous for the rest of the season. Jack's father? The guy who was pulling Logan's strings is Jack's brother? For me, that immediately makes him less interesting, it's just to...TV conventional. I don't know about this.

Last night's developments make me nervous for the rest of the season. Jack's father? The guy who was pulling Logan's strings is Jack's brother? For me, that immediately makes him less interesting, it's just to...TV conventional. I don't know about this.

I found the brother revelation very startling and an interesting twist. Conventional? I don't think so...

I've been very impressed with this season so far :P

I'd heard the brother rumor a few weeks back I think, but it sounded rather far-fetched at the time. Guess it wasn't. Or maybe it still is. Hm.

Either way, the dude's wife's hot.

After the first four hours of this season i was amazingly annoyed by the sloppyness of the writing, the plot twisted so expectantly that it seemed like an average show.

How many times have they negotiated with terrorists in this season? Kinda going against US policy. Even if hundreds of attacks were occuring, i sincerely doubt that any president would be so complicant with such a strategy. Wayne is a crap president. And it follows every 24 season previous that whatever is happening in the first few episodes is something insignificant and we'll get the "big picture" by episode 12 or so.

And then they go and shock me with one of the best plot twists ever. Apart from the fact that they've failed to mention Jack's family before, it was really cool to see that puppet master (who's no doubt working for someone bigger). And cool to see Jack's lack of brotherly love for him.

Very impressed by the turn around. Hope it continues in the next few episodes.

Still the best show on tv

I thought they should've played Jack and his brother out more. Like a cat-and-mouse game. Instead of having Jack pull a plastic bag over the guy's head in their third scene together... :huh:

I thought they should've played Jack and his brother out more. Like a cat-and-mouse game. Instead of having Jack pull a plastic bag over the guy's head in their third scene together... :)

Yeah, I think they ran up against the end of the episode there. Still, the "I swear on my family"/"Not good enough" was good stuff.

Yeah, that was. But the audience wants Graham to get what's coming to him from season 5. But so far, there seems to be no proper motivation for Jack to act the way he did. It's like they're just feeding the audience what to expect, forgetting what Jack's supposed to know in the process.

Although there seems to be something else going on in this family, and Jack probably has his reasons, it still seems like they're beating the crap out of this guy too early.

Cut him a break - Jack's wound up and needs to get some information, and Graham is acting like they're at a tea party.

But I do agree that the bag thing was maybe a bit too early, considering that Jack doesn't yet know what will really set him off about Graham...

Although I love 24 (yes, yes - even season 6 so far...), the only truly annoying thing is that Jack gets from A to B within minutes and in a 'real time' setting that gives me the constant feeling that all the action, all the suspense and all the characters are concentrated in an area smaller than my home town (which is very, very small).

Yes. It's a pity that real time basically went overboard somewhere towards the end of season one.

While this ability to get around quickly is jokingly brushed away as one of those movie rules that just apply to the alternate universe the show is set in, it really seems to go against one of the core aspects of the original format.

All that's left of that is basically the clock that appears periodically in each episode.

There's a scene in Season 4 where Chloe is sitting at home in her pyjamas, and she gets called in to CTU. Less than 10 "real time" minutes later, she's there and getting straight to work. It does seem very strange that a real-time show would throw out its central gimmick, especially as it worked so well in the beginning.

8:00-10:00 - The details of these two have blurred together already for me. Some good stuff here. Jack capping Curtis... Wow. Curtis had to go, he had nothing to do on the series, but to have Jack do it? That's pretty bold, even for this series.

So this is the third nuclear weapon to appear on 24 so far, but they actually set it off. Jack's breakdown is great stuff to watch. With all of these things crammed into the last 10 minutes of the episode, I'm left wondering what they can possibly do with the remaining 20 hours to top this. It's all good so far, but this year's plot is starting to look incredibly thin. We're told that there are 4 more bombs out there, but correct me if I'm mistaken... didn't the only guy who could get them working just vapourise himself at the end of the episode? Oops.

Seems the "Jack Bauer Must Die!" marketing gimmick only made it through the first episode.

Ugh. The whole Sandra Palmer/Walid Al-Whatshisname subplot is turning out to be a complete waste of time.

And what kind of incompetent f*cks do they have guarding that place anyway? When a riot starts, please, don't stand around facing the other way with your thumb up your ass.

Otherwise, James Cromwell was in it. Yay!

Last week was a step in the right direction on the Jack & his family front. If his brother's gonna be a bad guy, let him be a bad guy. But I agree on the whole Walid/Wayne's sister thing, totally pointless, still every season of 24 has to have it's pointless plot thread. I'm just glad the whole thing with ACHmed was settled early on.

He became bad way too quickly, though.

It was just like, "oh, look, big men with guns. I think I'll start acting bad again now."

Or like one of the writers suddenly remembering he was a mastermind villain last year. Oops.

• 2 years later...
I see there are a few other 24 fans out there.

How are you guys liking this season so far? Personally, I think -- ridiculous plot developments aside -- it's been pretty darn strong.

I'm curious to hear what people think too. I watched seasons 1-6 religiously, but haven't seen Redemption or any of Season 7 yet

I thought season six started strong but got absolutely TERRIBLE at some point, and that Redemption was okay but nothing special. So when I say that season seven has been fairly outstanding, I say it as a fan of the show, but not at all an uncritical one. I just hope that it can finish as strong as it's begun and middled.

I thought season six started strong but got absolutely TERRIBLE at some point, and that Redemption was okay but nothing special. So when I say that season seven has been fairly outstanding, I say it as a fan of the show, but not at all an uncritical one. I just hope that it can finish as strong as it's begun and middled.

Season 6 got terrible quite quickly, and stayed that way for me. Nothing was new and original, and the whole family plot is apparently in complete contradiction to something Jack said back in season 1 about having no siblings (I think in relation to Kim's feelings). Also, I was cringing by the time Jack escaped from the oil rig with about 3 microseconds to spare, and even more when he was hyperventilating over that cliff edge...

I liked Redemption, but it didn't try anything daring or out of the box - it was just like an extended season opening taking place outside DC. Season seven started really well for me, and the earlier scenes with Tony were impressive. My brother and I are a bit worried about the predicability of some parts from the recent 2-parter, such as

the last minute 'saves' and the use of the first daughter to lure the president out of the safe room

, and we agreed that although tragic,

Buchanan's death

was dispatching a character who isn't really doing much any more, but I liked the silent clock use.

We're judging it really by the shocks and surprises - who gets killed, does an action catch us completely off guard (Jack & Walker bursting into the flat knocked us off our seats), and are we able to predict what's going to happen in the next 15 minutes?

I never liked 24 to begin with.

The following takes place between 2:00AM and 3:00AM:

*Jack sleeping for an hour*

The following takes place between 3:00AM and 4:00AM:

*Jack awakes to go the to the bathroom, then returns to his bed*

Season 7 has been quite strong so far.

It hasn't quite reached the fun of season 5 yet, but it might just get there if it keeps this up (although it'll be difficult - I have something of a soft spot for day 5).

I'm not too hot on the blatant "torture debate" this year though. I like that they have a theme, but it gets shoved in our faces every week in the most blunt manners imaginable.

Luckily, it's outweighed by a lot of generally good entertaining stuff and I'm loving Jon Voight's scenery chewing. I look forward to seeing a lot more of him.

They are all sitting on my tivo, and I have planned on watching them, I just haven't had the time yet.

Added this thread to the Current TV Shows's thread's first post

I have seen the first 6 seasons. Loved em all!!!

Season 6 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, not at all. Now I'm thinking of getting Redemption on DVD....

24 rocks! ;)

Season 1 was class and remains fantastic, despite some stupid deviations here and there. The first 13 episodes are fantastic and the only parts true to the format.

Season 2 was a typical sequel: bigger and dumber, but thoroughly entertaining.

Season 3 was excellent.

Season 4 was pretty dodgy, too episodic.

Season 5 was pretty out there, but the best piece of television entertainment in a few years.

Season 6 was rubbish and a string of missed opportunities.

Redemption was alright, but nothing special. The extended cut has a few benefits, but does nothing extremely shocking. It also messes up the real time thing by inserting new scenes and changing some of the timings.

Season 7 has been pretty solid so far, despite some questionable motivations.

I'm not sure I can accurately judge season 3. I saw every other season on a week-to-week basis, but season 3 came out on DVD here before it had even aired, so I saw it in several marathon viewings. It feels like the overlooked season to me.

Still, it did a lot of things I really liked.

Watching on DVD helps a lot. I feel I've never seen one of my favorite shows properly until I've watched it on DVD.

Season 5 was the only year of 24 that held my interest throughout, it was quite good.

With 24, I actually like digesting it on a one episode at a time basis. It gives the show a bit more time to breathe and actually leave an impression, rather than rushing from one intense moment to the other.

I saw seasons 2 and 3 in a marathon style, pretty much a season per weekend, and I loved it - I felt it really added to the experience because I was watching it in close to real time at parts. I was sort of spoiled in that sense because my brother had bought the seasons 1-4 box set, and so it wasn't until season 5 that I had to wait a week for every episode.

And amazingly, season 7 is the first ever season I've watched on TV because we downloaded seasons 5 and 6 due to the transmission delay.

But I agree with Marc's assessment. I've noticed a pattern too. Odd numbered seasons are good, evens are bad, or have major problems. maybe season 2 is the exception, but I remember they went to some pretty ridiculous lengths to keep Kim in trouble before the bomb actually did go off. Speaking of which, I still vividly remember the scene of her

seeing the explosion in the distance, and believing her dad to have perished, sitting down at the edge of the road and crying, feeling utterly alone.

It's one of just a few select moments where I feel the show absolutely nailed the human emotion involved without any unnecessary cheese.

That IS interesting. I don't mind that at all...a lot can still happen in six weeks. But there won't be AS much explaining to do as there usually is at the beginning of a season.

That is awesome.

Hopefully (if she doesn't die this season), Renee Walker will be developed into the female Jack Bauer.

Man oh man, those eyes ... I'd definitely like to see Renee stick around.