Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you get the Prometheus release of KSM. That's the current release and features corrections on some technical glitches from the Intrada release.

Make sure you get the Prometheus release of KSM. That's the current release and features corrections on some technical glitches from the Intrada release.

Thanks Mark, I'll definitely get the Prometheus edition.

I just bought Extreme Prejudice from La La Land. I saw it in Marian's list of recent purchases, but I cannot remember if it has been recently discussed. The price is sweet for a 64 minute Goldsmith score, and I liked what I heard from the sample clips. It reminds me of the techno music to Terminator 1 and 2, which I also like. And since I bought it via Paypal, I can just wait for next week to see what next big release that La La Land is rumored to bring out, and I can certainly wait 1-2 weeks for a Paypal release to arrive.

Anybody bought Goldsmith's Not Without My Daughter from La-La-Land yet? Is it worth getting?

Most likely not. It's below 'bottlecap' status and the composer himself cited it as a low point, so...

Jon Brion-Synecdoche, New York

I'm really liking it so far. Stylistically similar to Magnolia with the dark writing, but with electric guitar thrown in

The Shawshank Redemption - Thomas Newman

;)

:nopity: Boring score...

Chris, who rarely enjoys Newman, especially of that kind... and who has been immensly enjoying his copy of Elfman's Serenada Schizophrana for over a week now.

;)

:thumbup: Boring score...

Watch the movie, I'm sure it'll change your mind. Without a doubt my favourite Newman score.

My most recent acquisitions (I've had a bumper week with discoveries):

Blue Planet / The Dream is Alive

Burn After Reading (Burwell)

Mirrors (Marianelli)

Complete Lair (but there's mouse clicking in the background of some of it so I just added a few extra cues to my existing set)

Sunshine promo (Murphy, although it's missing some key sequences that the excellent DVD rip fills nicely)

And discovered CD quality complete Mummy Returns (mostly boring) and Jurassic Park III (I'd only ever known mono quality boots existed for both until last week, thanks to certain members)

Picked up at the local CD exchange...

Kritzerland's Evening Primrose (Sondheim)

Miklos Rozsa - Film Music Volume 1

The Film Music of Miklos Rozsa (Spellbound/The Jungle Book)

Walkabout - John Barry

Air Force One - Goldsmith

Twilight - Bernstein

Return of the Magnificent Seven - Bernstein

Gladiator - Zimmer

A.I. OST - Williams

All for $45 and change.

Mozart's Requiem in D minor, K. 626 - An historical performance of a great conductor (Victor De Sabata) and four amazing voices. This Requiem was actually recorded on December 1941 in Rome - Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli - for the 150th Anniversary of the death of Mozart.

A.I. is a great score, but it took me a while to really get into it.

Gladiator has spectacular highlights ("The Battle"), but as a whole I fail to see what's so great about it.

Gladiator - Zimmer

A.I. OST - Williams

Is it possible that you only bought these two today?! :o;)

Haha, I know, it felt good to actually buy them now. I've never heard (nor seen) Gladiator, and I have been using a bootleg for A.I. - but for $1.99 a piece I'd have been stupid to pass on them!

That completes my post-Y2K Williams collection. ;)

:)

:lol: Boring score...

Watch the movie, I'm sure it'll change your mind. Without a doubt my favourite Newman score.

(...)

I have, but many years ago and I don't remember whether I enjoyed the score or not. I definitely don't outside the movie. With the picture it may do wonders, I assume.

I just received Extreme Prejudice in the mail last night. The jewel case had a minor crack in it, but I've got enough jewel cases laying around that if I cared to, I could replace it. The CD is fine, and is waiting for me to listen to tonight.

I just received Extreme Prejudice in the mail last night. The jewel case had a minor crack in it, but I've got enough jewel cases laying around that if I cared to, I could replace it. The CD is fine, and is waiting for me to listen to tonight.

One of my least listened to Goldsmith CDs.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by James Horner

very classical based score with Horner written all over it IMO.

I really liked the first few tracks to start with, but it lost its charm after a while.

I love it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nominated. It also has a little somber danger motif stuck in there, which is kinda strange.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by James Horner

very classical based score with Horner written all over it IMO.

I really liked the first few tracks to start with, but it lost its charm after a while.

"Strange New Clothes" leaves me speechless.

Yeah, someone told me about the scene the end of that cue scores, and that nothing but that cue is playing in the audio. Apparently kids in the audience were either crying or just plain stunned by whatever happens, and it definitely sounds... bad.

Sounds like a movie I need to see when the blu-ray gets ripped.

Yeah, someone told me about the scene the end of that cue scores, and that nothing but that cue is playing in the audio. Apparently kids in the audience were either crying or just plain stunned by whatever happens, and it definitely sounds... bad.

Yeah I heard the same thing.

EDIT

I literally just bought Chris Tilton's Mercenaries 2: World In Flames score from Amazon MP3. $8.99 for 19 tracks, that's a steal!

My brother also sent over Loft by Wolfram De Marco. Probably the one out of a thousand copies sold.

EDIT 2

Quantum Of Solace by David Arnold

Ordered the following from Amazon couple of days ago:

- Rimsky-Korsakov: Christmas Eve/Night on Mount Triglav

- Holst: Orchestral Works

- Chadwick: Orchestral Works

- GRP All-Star Big Band: 10th Anniversary

- Steiner: King Kong: The Complete 1933 Film Score

- Williams: The Witches of Eastwick

- Giannini: Symphony No. 3; Praeludium and Allegro; Variations and Fugue

- Korngold: The Sea Hawk; Deception

- Maslanka: Reflections

- Arnold: Quantum of Solace

Am happily waiting for my package now. :)

Your definition of that being, what...a week? Maybe two? :P

The Indy box is the first thing I've gotten since my little summer binge (The Omen Trilogy, Alien, Spaceballs, Farscape vol. 1). I'm planning on putting several CDs on my Christmas list, I'm waiting to see what's going to be released in the next month or so before finalizing it.

Ordered the following from Amazon couple of days ago:

- Rimsky-Korsakov: Christmas Eve/Night on Mount Triglav

- Holst: Orchestral Works

- Chadwick: Orchestral Works

- GRP All-Star Big Band: 10th Anniversary

- Steiner: King Kong: The Complete 1933 Film Score

- Williams: The Witches of Eastwick

- Giannini: Symphony No. 3; Praeludium and Allegro; Variations and Fugue

- Korngold: The Sea Hawk; Deception

- Maslanka: Reflections

- Arnold: Quantum of Solace

Am happily waiting for my package now. :P

Unfortunately, I can only comment on one of those scores, but I will say that you will not be disappointed with "Sea Hawk; Deception". Tell me how "King Kong" is: I always wanted to listen to that score.

Also, to Herr Crichton: they made a "Spaceballs" album? I have been wanting to get a John Morris album for some time....

Just purchased the following from a used online place that Erik Woods recommended me.

Star Trek The Next Generation: Encounter At Farpoint (Volume I)

Star Trek The Next Generation: Best Of Both Worlds Parts I and II (Volume II)

Star Trek The Next Generation: Volume III

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Emissary

Best Of Star Trek 30th Anniversary Special (Volume I)

These were all CD's I had prior but didn't survive when I moved. So it'll be nice to have them again.