Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

I have listened to Star Trek: The Motion Picture, which I did enjoy mainly for the Main Theme, but it does have a grandeur about it being the progenitor of a phenomenal musical legacy. I will pick this up eventually, and probably the other Goldsmith Trek scores as well (I'm just holding out in case there's ever a move for a complete Star Trek music collection). For now I'm just making my way through earlier, highly rated scores. So far I haven't been disappointed!

The Boys From Brazil is fantastic, so much more than I expected from that opening waltz (which in its own right is an outstanding piece of music!). Christ, I'm high on Goldsmith this morning, though I finally do have an inkling why so many people go nuts over new Goldsmith releases. It's well deserved hype.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more to Goldsmith than Star Trek. You've got plenty to choose from.

Indeed, Air Force One, The Mummy....and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Star Trek is just the tip of the ice burg.

There's more to Goldsmith than Star Trek. You've got plenty to choose from.

Yup. Star Trek V. Star Trek 8. Star Trek 9. Star Trek 10. Plenty to choose from.

I think Mark meant there are other Goldsmith scores to choose from besides, Star Trek.

Lucky you!

Can we expect some pictures taken by you of the set soon?

Does this not suffice?

51-6b97gxyL._SS400_.jpg

That's basically what it is. A book that opens up, on the inside covers are the CD's, the rest are pictures and everything that was included in the previous release booklets. To give you an idea of the size, it's about half the size of my laptop. Quite large.

Does this not suffice?

51-6b97gxyL._SS400_.jpg

That's basically what it is. A book that opens up, on the inside covers are the CD's, the rest are pictures and everything that was included in the previous release booklets. To give you an idea of the size, it's about half the size of my laptop. Quite large.

No, it does not suffice! ROTFLMAO

Anyway I'm only...joking. *bursts into evil Joker laughter*

So Koray, was I correct in guessing the book is nothing more than a high quality photo album or are there some liner notes that are worthwhile?

So Koray, was I correct in guessing the book is nothing more than a high quality photo album or are there some liner notes that are worthwhile?

Nope, you were right. Includes all the album credits and Nolan's comments on the score, which were on the previous booklets. The rest is just pictures.

Ahh well it's the music that counts, right?

I guess, I don't really care. Works pretty well in the film, but I don't/won't listen to it often.

I bought Obscured By Clouds by Pink Floyd today. Only $9 with my $5 reward zone and 10% off coupon :lol:

To my delight, I just won the following from Ebay:

The Rescuers Down Under - Bruce Broughton

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid - Bruce Broughton

Hopefully they should arrive this week, as should B:TAS! This is fantastic!!

I too got a few classical pieces recently, all on iTunes:

- "Symphony No. 3 Slavyanska" (all 4 movements)

- "Incantation and Dance"

- Semper Fidelis"

Search Einaudi and listen to the track Primavera. I wanna know what you think.

If you don't like Sousa marches, you're either not a fan of good music, not a fan of American patriotic and historic music, or just absurd.

The same goes for Henry Fillmore, Karl King, and any other writer of good marches about a century ago.

Ok, I bought Man who Loved Cat Dancing on sale . It was the one post 1970 Williams score I neglected .

i'm in better mood for ordering now that I have my indy box

You're a dentist?

???

Yes ,I am .And I am a medical doctor too ,so I have 2 diplomas ,a DMD and a MD. I spent 10 years in university. DON'T TRY IT!!!It nearly destroyed me!

I dunno, I guess the personality of dentists I've met don't mesh at all with the personality mark has on this board, I suppose

Plus every dentist I've encountered has been old and I thought mark was on the younger side :P