Harry Potter 2 CD cet, any info?

tpigeon

does anyone know the latest developments in referrence to the complete score for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone being released. i have heard a few rumors, but nothing too concrete, anyone know?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i just watched Harry Potter again not more than an hour ago. i saw it twice in the theaters and loved the movie and the score. i remember there being many moments in the movie where i'd say, "this is great music" about music that wasn't on the cd. there is SOOOO much music that is unreleased and truly spectacular if i may add. i've always considered the original soundtrack to be good, but not among the best of Williams' work, but after hearing it in its entirity while watching the movie, the score has definitely moved up on my list.... a lot. it's really quite magical and utterly enchanting. in my opinion, the FULL Harry Potter score is on par with Hook.

• 6 years later...
well, i just watched Harry Potter again not more than an hour ago. i saw it twice in the theaters and loved the movie and the score. i remember there being many moments in the movie where i'd say, "this is great music" about music that wasn't on the cd. there is SOOOO much music that is unreleased and truly spectacular if i may add. i've always considered the original soundtrack to be good, but not among the best of Williams' work, but after hearing it in its entirity while watching the movie, the score has definitely moved up on my list.... a lot. it's really quite magical and utterly enchanting. in my opinion, the FULL Harry Potter score is on par with Hook.

Yeah, I LOOOVE Harry Potter. Actually that's how I came to love John Williams! :mellow:

Well,that's out next goal

Harry Potter ,The Soundtrack Collection box set (only HP1,2,3)

That's probably quite likely actually, given that the first three were done by good ol' Johnny. I doubt it'll be for a few years though. :mellow:

I'm fairly happy with the original release, as I was with my DCC version of Raiders.

I thought it had most of the score on it? Are there any gaping bits missing a la "The Rope Bridge" (just for you that one Mark :mellow: )?

Sorcerer's Stone has tons of great unreleased cues, it's as incomplete and butchered as any Williams OST. It's not even comparable to the DCC Raiders, which was expanded and is in film order with no funky edits.

SS is indeed edited to hell, with microedits everywhere on the CD, and one cue only contains half as much music as the track name suggests.

I'd buy a complete version definitely, but I won't get my hopes up for just a rumour.

SS is indeed edited to hell, with microedits everywhere on the CD, and one cue only contains half as much music as the track name suggests.

I'd buy a complete version definitely, but I won't get my hopes up for just a rumour.

Which cue?

And yes, I'd buy a complete version too.

....a rumor from six years ago....

....a rumor from six years ago....

I don't think we'll be seeing complete releases for a long time yet. I mean, the films aren't even finished yet, and who's to say JW will/won't be scoring the last one like he wants to?

For the casual listener, the OSTs are fine.

And anyway, it's taken them 20 years to make the (nearly) complete Indy scores available! ;)

Not very jarring edits, though. And chronologically the only cues switched around are "The Norwegian Ridgeback and a Change of Season."

That's probably quite likely actually, given that the first three were done by good ol' Johnny.

And in good ol' London ;)

That's probably quite likely actually, given that the first three were done by good ol' Johnny.

And in good ol' London ;)

Yep, and you can tell too. ;)

But would they really just release the Williams scores? It seems more likely that a box set of all of the scores would be in order, or at least all of the ones that have been done (assuming that the release would be before the movie series is completed).

But would they really just release the Williams scores? It seems more likely that a box set of all of the scores would be in order, or at least all of the ones that have been done (assuming that the release would be before the movie series is completed).

Complete Order of the Phoenix? ;)

Complete Order of the Phoenix? ;)

Believe me I would rather have just the Williams scores, but I'm really not sure that that will happen.

I can remeber.. this may have been the first time I visited this site in my life... 6 years back, that the mainpage said: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" Bootleg Coming!

I wonder where that came from..

That's probably quite likely actually, given that the first three were done by good ol' Johnny. I doubt it'll be for a few years though. :(

Yeah i'd love that boxset, but like you said, probably wont be for a few years! :(

Exellent Avatar Pic By the way :)

LOVE HIM! (Maxxie's Ofcourse, its too obvious i like King Mark's Pic :))

Sorcerer's Stone has tons of great unreleased cues, it's as incomplete and butchered as any Williams OST. It's not even comparable to the DCC Raiders, which was expanded and is in film order with no funky edits.

It's really a shame that even some big themes didn;t make it to the album. Most notably I'd say the Great hall fanfare.

Dammit, I saw the title and thought we were getting expanded HP scores.

Anyways, yeah, I would buy any expanded HP score in a second, especially SS and PoA. I can't believe Wormtail's theme wasn't on the OST.

Now that Indy has been expanded, Family Plot should be a top priority. After that, focus on the franchise scores (HP, SW Prequels, JP).

indy4 - who accidentaly bolded "JP" and was too lazy to delete the bold tags and replace them with italics

I'd prefer complete intended scores for the Star Wars Prequels and complete scores for both Jurassic Park films over Harry Potter any day.

Considering that's five scores compared to three, so would I. But if it's just a prequel vs. Potter thing, then I'm going to have to go with HP.

Well, since we already got a lot of unreleased music for RotS (most of it actually) and the rest of the unreleased music to AotC isn't that good, I have to go with HP.

Remember,RotS is about on par with ToD and Last Crusade in terms of completeness right now

I love king mark's posts because it's exactl;y the way I feel.

If a crappy score like The Dark Knight gets a 2-CD complete release within six months of its initial release, Potter is long overdue.

QFT. This post deserves some kind of award for truth.

Complete Williams scores or it's the Cruciatus Curse!

Why anyone would want the Expanded/Complete Potter Score over the SW Prequel Scores is beyond me (typical Star Wars Fan! :P He He).

Would love all six Star Wars to get the Lord Of The Rings Complete Recordings treatment... Amazing box sets, full score in 5.1 DVD Audio, 2/3 CDs and a fantastically presented booklet containing notation to all the themes and all the composer notes ;)

Thats the dream!

I love king mark's posts because it's exactl;y the way I feel.
If a crappy score like The Dark Knight gets a 2-CD complete release within six months of its initial release, Potter is long overdue.

QFT. This post deserves some kind of award for truth.

Complete Williams scores or it's the Cruciatus Curse!

DK has an appeal to the masses that is unmatched by any recent score. I might download the 2nd disc to see if there's any additional JNH material though.

I read about DK being disqualified for oscar consideration. Thank god. Apart from being somewhat original in the Joker's 'sound effect', it's just Zimmer and his wall of sound most of the time, and IMO that isn't award worthy.