Another OT post....I'm getting married!!!!!!!

Ollie

This weekend I shall take a bride as my lovely fiance and I are getting married. beerchug 8O

So I will be taking a leave of absence from this board for the honeymoon and moving into our new place of residence.

;)

I may check in from time to time at work this week but everyone take care and hopefully I should be back in a few weeks once I get settled in.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaaa--?

You're going to leave us alone to go and get married?

Get your priorities straight, man!

LOL

Congratulations, Mark! Best wishes for a happy life together.

Figo, wishing he too could find long-term happiness in a relationship like Mark and Miguel...

...instead of this:

8O

bawling

Guess we got lucky :roll:

Most of my friends had some bad experiences. My brother is one of those people who seems to be unable to make a relashionship last more then six months... and he really cares about their old girlfriends. There are people that are just unlucky...

Congrats Mark, may your first 10 years be as good or better than mine.

Guess we got lucky  :roll:  

Most of my friends had some bad experiences. My brother is one of those people who seems to be unable to make a relashionship last more then six months... and he really cares about their old girlfriends. There are people that are just unlucky...

Oh believe me, my relationships usually stretch on for years. That's what makes them so painful.

Figo, who in all his years of dating only had one real misfire of about 6 weeks -- the rest went on and on and on and on.

:pukeface::sigh: 8O :lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader::lsvader:

A word to the wise: it's never over, until long, long, long after it's over.

Goodbye, cruel world! :flush:

Congratulations to Mark ... but Figo, your description, thus:

:pukeface:  :sigh:  8O  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:  :lsvader:

somehow reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend last night at the cafe. Seems he once dated -- for several months -- a girl with a fetish for "Wizard of Oz."

Mind you, I am not using the term "fetish" loosely; I am using it as it was originally intended, as something that you cannot achieve sexual release without.

Thought that might make you laugh, at least briefly. LOL

Well, I've always wanted (assuming I can find someone crazy enough to marry me) to have the Throne Room version of Obi-Wan's theme (the Force theme, for you historical revisionists) from Star Wars be the "bride walking down the aisle" music ... I suppose the end title craziness starting in Eb could be the rice throwing music.

Well, that's what I'd recommend.

Or if you want to go the humorous route, you could do the Imperial March.

You know, just a few minutes ago I was happy for Mark, in an untainted, pure kind of way, but I spent one moment too long inside this thread and now I'm envious. bawling

Congratulations! I wish you good fortune and luck with this, a new phase in your life.

Beowulf - wondering, along with Figo, where these lucky guys are finding such wonderful women...all the women in my part of the country seem to be mindless dim-wits content to be a part of the masses.

congratulations!!!! I hope you have an incredible marriage full of everything you have dreamed of!

Congratulations, and may God bless your marriage. It is a wonderful thing to find the woman of your life. One of the best things that ever happens to you.

:pukeface:

The Ghoest-

CONGRATS!!!! What an awesome day it must have been! :)

People all around here getting married and having kids? It's exciting, but also a little depressing for those that haven't had such luck yet. :(

May you have a fruitful and lifelong marriage!

“For me,” said Sherlock Holmes, “there still remains the cocaine-bottle.” And he stretched his long white hand up for it.

-- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four

Thank you to everyone.

Our first song will be "For Always" from A.I., Lara Fabian single version.

We may use "The Throne Room" after we are pronounced husband and wife or we might use the 2002 Winter Olympic theme, it's hard to find a long enough piece that fits a wedding.

I wanted to use a organ transcript of Throne Room for the bride entrance... I and my brother even talked about someone to do the arrangement -- only problem was to find someone able to play it.

It ends up, with the traditional Mendelsohn Wedding march, since it was Carla's favorite... :roll:

But my revenge came during the reception... :)

I got four tapes made up of only Williams compositions, or Williams performances...

Congrats to you!!! :(

If i ever get married, I'd use "Canon in D" somewhere in there.

AI sounds good, or the Throne Room.

Hmm....Call of the Champions? don't see how that will fit.

I've always thought this song very unnatural for me when hearing it.

What about Sound the Bells....

My cuz just got married 2 years ago. He's got a kid now. Wow Time flies....it seems just yesterday we were young'uns...

bawling :cry: :) ahhh...i just miss the days of youth....

Amazing....when we are kids, all we do is look to the future and growing up....and when we turn adults....we always look back and wishing we're back there again.

Me...I'm still stuck in the middle. :? :oops: :cry:

Congratulations!!

Hope they play a JW piece at the reception.

Can anyone on the board recomend one??

I recomend For Allways from AI

~ Lord Gibson

Well March from 1941 maybe? It's Joyful!

No serious, congratulations to you and your wife!

The next thing my girlfriend and I have to do is to find a house for ourselves in the next two or three months. That's exciting enough for me now!

Thank you to everyone.

We may use "The Throne Room" after we are pronounced husband and wife or we might use the 2002 Winter Olympic theme, it's hard to find a long enough piece that fits a wedding.

I just got "hitched" on August 17th and our first song was "I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You" from The Mask of Zorro.

-Erik-

Nothing's coming up for me on that link. Just as well. Not sure how happy your bride would be that you're posting her photo for a bunch of potential freaks on the internet!

Figo, who, if it does turn out to be Catherine Zeta-Jones, will definitely take the gas pipe.

Wait a minute -- who am I foolin'? No one on this site has so much as kissed a girl. All these off-topic threads are mere smokescreens to lure actual adults into revealing their connubial intimacies.

Figo, sorry to burst the bubble, but thought you should know before you got too used to the idea you are posting photos of your wife for well-adjusted individuals.

Nothing's coming up for me on that link.  Just as well.  Not sure how happy your bride would be that you're posting her photo for a bunch of potential freaks on the internet!

Figo, who, if it does turn out to be Catherine Zeta-Jones, will definitely take the gas pipe.

It doesn't matter... that photo has been on-line for a couple of years now on my production company's web site for millions of "freaks" to see. She stars in one of my movies. Anyway, the link works for me... and I don't think she looks like Zeta-Jones... IMHO.... you might think different.

-Erik-

Ohhhh, so you want me to think she looks like Zeta-Jones. That's your game, eh? Well, forget about it! The gas pipe offer is off!

:angry: I'm alredy crying ('sniff, 'sniff) with joy. bawling

Ooooh,  too bad!!!  Try this http://www.angelfire.com/ab/tews/janet.html

-Erik-

Whoa! Way to go Erik! She's a hottie (if you don't mind this internet freak saying so, LOL!)! :)

Eewwh, really? Well, there's no accounting for taste is there.

I think she's a bit of a mole, I certainly wouldn't want to watch a movie that she 'starred' in :)

AI

Who is "we", exactly? Do you always presume to speak for others?

"WE" is the people of this forum my good man and I was speaking for anyone. It was just a joke. Sheeesh! Friggin guy needs to get all technical over a facetious comment. Lighten up! For a guy who uses a Spielberg icon your being a real downer.

Eewwh, really? Well, there's no accounting for taste is there.  

I think she's a bit of a mole, I certainly wouldn't want to watch a movie that she 'starred' in  

AI

I think that was a little uncalled for. You certainly could have put it a little nicer. God. :roll:

It was uncalled for, but it doesn't surprise me. A.I. doesn't seems to have much tact from what I've seen. Or perhaps he's trying to live up to the majority of the board's opinion of a "joke." :roll:

Ray Barnsbury

It was uncalled for, but it doesn't surprise me.  A.I. doesn't seems to have much tact from what I've seen.  Or perhaps he's trying to live up to the majority of the board's opinion of a "joke."  :roll:  

Ray Barnsbury

and this is from the person who wrote;

This is fucking stupid. Whoever wrote this, stop trying to get attention for your pitiful little Internet life. I got so excited while reading this, I didn't even notice how unlike Williams and Spielberg it was, and then my hopes were blown to smithereens. Honestly, it's not cool and it's not funny. Go find somewhere else to be a jackass.  

Ray Barnsbury

Hmm, tact indeed. Why don't you get off your high-horse, jackass?

Of course it was a joke, although in pretty bad taste. However, posting a picture of your wife on this board is an act of extreme stupidity, imho.

AI, now resolving to be ultra-polite and tactful to appease Barnsburys standards of what is acceptable for this forum. :roll: