So dramatic!

But who is helping who in that poster? Galadriel or Gandalf?

Has there ever been a film with this many posters?

They really want us to see this film don't they.

My only interest is the films box office. Www.the-numbers.com in case boxofficemojo.com is down.

The Battle Of The Five Armies is a sequence that must be a dream for many composers. So many characters and factions... The possibilities are endless, really.

I honestly can't wait for the battle sequences. Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Eagles, Beorn and goodness what ...

Ohhh EE appendices spoiler, PJ explains why...

PJ explains why Smaug only has two legs!

You raped Tolkien's 4-legged dragon for your own whims and I hate you Peter Jackson but take my money anyway!

Ohhh EE appendices spoiler, PJ explains why...

PJ explains why Smaug only has two legs!

You raped Tolkien's 4-legged dragon for your own whims and I hate you Peter Jackson but take my money anyway!

True...

He suddenly thought 4-legged dragons looked like puppies.

The made AUJ and started DOS without thinking about it...

PJ basically changed his mind after releasing AUJ and had things changed for the extended edition. But actually even the EE of AUJ shows 4-legged Smaug's giant claw coming through and ripping the gate of Erebor when he attacks (which would be a tad inconvenient if he had only 2 legs and those wing thingies) and then in the next scene these claws have changed into the wings when he marches in. Talk about a rushed job. All in a days work for PJ though. I still remember the way he mentioned those eagles very late in the game in RotK and Jim Rygiel was pulling his hair because of it.

That obvious photoshopped troop of Uruk-hai from LotR looks just so embarrasingly obvious and clunky.

Yeah that I don't understand. The design for the armoured Gundabad Orcs looks good.

The use of such terms as Gundabad Orc/Warg are entirely baffling when used in this trilogy as Gundabad doesn't play any role in these movies. As a geographical location it is never mentioned nor is it any way significant to the plot. I don't know if half the people watching know it is a mountain at the northern end of the Misty Mountains where a capital of the orcs of the mountains is and where Bolg originally heralds from.

I just figured that Azog had marshalled the Orcs and Wargs of Gundabad at Dol Guldur at Sauron's behest, with Sauron helping sufficiently equip them prior to their attack. I'm puzzled as to why the second film changed them to being 'Orcs of Moria'.

I just figured that Azog had marshalled the Orcs and Wargs of Gundabad at Dol Guldur at Sauron's behest, with Sauron helping sufficiently equip them prior to their attack. I'm puzzled as to why the second film changed them to being 'Orcs of Moria'.

The geography of these new films is all over the place. And it is a really giant leap from Gundabad to Dol Guldur geographically, especially considering the big armies they had there. It would have been easier to explain it some other way than dragging the name Gundabad into the script. Now it is just an exotic name without any point of reference in the film. Moria orcs would make more sense geographically though.

Unless we see Gundabad in the next film...and the previously unseen mountain/fortification behind Legolas and Tauriel (with all the bats flying out of it) in the banner suggests we just might.

I hope we don't see it as the orcs are now coming from south instead of north because the threat of these armies is centered on Sauron's reawakened power instead of simple Orcish greed and Bolg's desire to avenge his father Azog like in the novel. Gundabad is just a tad too much of a detour for the plot to take. I do wonder what is Sauron's aim in sending his armies to Erebor. Claiming treasure was never something that motivated him. Perhaps Sauron is intent on capturing Smaug to do his bidding as Gandalf suspected originally and which is the reason the wizard originally planned the expedition to the Lonely Mountain. Then again Balrogs or fire drakes or demonic spiders (Shelob) do not willing servants make. Oh and Lake-Town is irritating so he might want to eradicate it.

They might actually go for such a strange plot twist if only to make the battle at the end longer and more convoluted. What a twist! The classic Orc pincer movement!

Yes the music is something that redeems a lot of these films.

I'm excited for that 1 hr music documentary, just not sure when I'll get the chance. :(

And regardless of the quality of these films, they've always had great releases!

I can't imagine there will be much footage shot for the third film that will be cut from the TC. I mean, there's not a whole lot of the story left to tell!