I already read that they could have written Bifur that way. It turns out it was true lol

As did I. So I just assumed that was how his character would end up being.

And as you said Chaac, loved some of those, hated some of them.

Must say though, I liked that picture with what seems to be a conversation between ol' Gandalf and Radagast. All we're missing are some close-up shots of the Bunnies of Doom!

god... I really need to reread the book. but if I don't, I'll probably have a much fresher (and perhaps better) movie experience.

decisions, decisions...

I need to finish LOTR before I can start The Hobbit. Still stuck in The Great River

I am still at the edge of the Old Forest. I should get a move on before the year is out!

Although I have already read the Hobbit this year. Perhaps another read is still in order to refresh the memory.

The Empire article contains some interesting tidbits certainly. And the previous article's story of the green screen and Ian McKellen's troubles with it are the unfortunate truth about the special effects driven world of big fantasy films. The actor might have act to nothing for long strecthes of time, not even having the other actors to provide the interaction, which I think is one of the most important ingredients of dynamics in acting, the reaction to a performance. No wonder McKellen was anxious about it and hopefully PJ found ways to minimize his stint in front of mere green screen without any fellow actors.

Blue and green screen combined with a director, who couldn't direct people if his life depended on it were much more at fault in Prequels so I don't think McKellen's performance is compromised. :)

Somehow it was obvious he was going to be a victim of some mental impairment because you know, he has an axe embedded into his forehead. I am sure he'll be spouting Khuzdûl through the first film!

Reading back on this thread a little now, I'm really quite alarmed that McKellen is/was so miserable about being in this again. I think it's my first very real concern about how these films might turn out; because I'm telling you now that shit filters through and translates into broken, uneasy end result. Creature designs should be the least of anyone's worries.

Indeed. McKellen seemed rather enthusiastic in previous interviews so seeing that little bit worried me very much. But seeing as McKellen seems to be rather pleased about the end results in other interviews, my hope is that PJ was able to fix things up.

hot damn! I made it to 1000 posts.

Congrats! Now you can change the words over your avatar if you like in your My Settings :)

Another flashback? Will 90% of the film consist of flashbacks?

A set report mentioned that they reshot some of the party scenes from Fellowship. With Bilbo telling the story about the trolls, probably..?

Of course. It will be a tremendously orchestrated sequence of significant events necessary to set everything in motion, and at the end, Gandalf will walk up to Bag End, Bilbo will look up, and say "Good morning". Gandalf's game-changing retort will be withheld until the beginning of film two, where, finally, the unbearable suspense of how exactly he will react to being addressed in such an ambivalent, if seemingly innocuous way will be revealed, ending the most ingenious cliffhanger in the whole history of cinema.

Woah, you're probably right about that prologue. No wait, didn't Cumberbatch say we only see Smaug's eye in the first one?

Radagast always looked fine; it was just the usual nerd-rage fratinity going ballistic over vague out-of-context thumbnails and bird shit. What's more irritating though is when they eventually come around without ever acknowledging that they breathed all over the thread about it for six months.

Can't say I've ever even noticed that shit. And capital letters don't hypnotise me into agreeing with you about stuff.

So you're saying that you didn't even notice it, or that you think it's all right?

Radagast always looked fine; it was just the usual nerd-rage fratinity going ballistic over vague out-of-context thumbnails and bird shit. What's more irritating though is when they eventually come around without ever acknowledging that they breathed all over the thread about it for six months.

I promise to stand behind my dislike of the Radagast design after the film has come out Quint. Just to make the nerd-rage less irritating. Oh and I'll throw in my ever lasting hate for the flabby, amorphous Great Goblin. ;)

Hey Figwit is back! Or should I say Lindir, Bret McKenzie's new character in the Hobbit.

I promise to stand behind my dislike of the Radagast design after the film has come out Quint. Just to make the nerd-rage less irritating. Oh and I'll throw in my ever lasting hate for the flabby, amorphous Great Goblin. ;)

aa802c8f-8a3c-4f57-bc6c-04af7de25896.jpg

Radagast looks like he is in an arrest mug shot in this image. Sort of Nick Nolte in spirit, after spot o' heavy drinking and driving too fast and crashing his bunny sled (Gandalf and Saruman were in the backseat just as passengers and honestly didn't know Radgy was under influence):

561977_10151139759804821_105066078_n.jpg

This also shows the sophictication scale of the wizards, from the half looney forest hermit to a debonair but corrupted scholar via the travel worn pointy hat stage.

Radagast looks like he is in an arrest mug shot in this image. Sort of Nick Nolte in spirit, after spot o' heavy drinking and riding too fast and crashing his bunny sled (Gandalf and Saruman were in the backseat just as passengers and honestly didn't know Radgy was under influence):

:lol:

spot on!

A set report mentioned that they reshot some of the party scenes from Fellowship. With Bilbo telling the story about the trolls, probably..?

That seems very probable. Funnily enough, the little girl reminds me an awful lot of the one from the scene when Bilbo was telling the children the story of the trolls. Of course they couldn't be the same child, but I just found the resemblance amusing.

Radagast looks like he is in an arrest mug shot in this image. Sort of Nick Nolte in spirit, after spot o' heavy drinking and driving too fast and crashing his bunny sled (Gandalf and Saruman were in the backseat just as passengers and honestly didn't know Radgy was under influence):

This also shows the sophictication scale of the wizards, from the half looney forest hermit to a debonair but corrupted scholar via the travel worn pointy hat stage.

Was thinking the same thing myself...

So far, I've pretty much loved everything I've seen of Galadriel. Looks even more other-worldy and mystical than she did in LotR

That seems very probable. Funnily enough, the little girl reminds me an awful lot of the one from the scene when Bilbo was telling the children the story of the trolls. Of course they couldn't be the same child, but I just found the resemblance amusing.

PJ's daughter, you mean?