BB, you're interpreting way too much into the choice of end credits singers on The Hobbit. Not much thought went into the first two, Ed Sheeran is living proof. I don't believe for a second that it was in any way, shape of form planned to use only male singers.

We'll see!

If it will be Enya indeed, though, then I think we can safely assume the last song won't be as awful as the first two.

It was still the "worst" of the choices for the LotR trilogy, compared to Torrini, Lennox, Fleming, Sissel, and so on.

May It Be is OK. And it's freakin' awesome compared to Finn and that other dude's songs.

Yeah. LotR trilogy actually improved on each end credits song in my opinion. Enya's new age-y work was ok but Gollum's Song in its interesting combination of Shore's melody and Torrini's vocals and Into the West with surprising choice but spot on voice of Lennox provided great end credits songs keeping much more in the spirit of Tolkien I feel (naturally my sensibilities are more of orchestral music but still).

I want Edward Ross back ;)

I am sure he'll become a castrate singer just for this project.

We want the Edward Ross of 2001, not the Edward Ross of today. That would be silly!

2D movie, bigatures, more real locations, better scripts...

Why not get PJ and crew of 2001 as well?

We're gonna need a bigger time machine.

For PJ alone for he was his jolly Hobbity self back in those days.

He was the living proof that bigger is better!

Unlike his The Hobbit films!

:rimshot:

a

Not really. In the case of two latest films no songs as such were planned. They are both kind of 11th hour additions.

Karol

Er it was a given that each hobbit film was going to have and end credit song like each fotr movie had. I just cant see jackson deciding to lose some marketing money which is this 'lets put a popular singer sing in the credits' all about.

I always saw it as a cheap way to make more mainstream people interested in the films. Been done a lot of that in hollywood, though...

No, the first film was supposed to end with a reprise of the Dwarf song. Yet somehow it didn't feel righ so they hired Finn. The second film's song, as we know, came very late, too.

Karol

I always saw it as a cheap way to make more mainstream people interested in the films. Been done a lot of that in hollywood, though...

They do nothing but that in Hollywood these days. Damn bean counters!

No, the first film was supposed to finish with the reprise of the Dwarf song. Yet somehow it didn't ferl righ so they hired Finn. The second film's song, as we know, came very late, too.

Karol

I would have loved a full version of the song with all the verses performed either by the cast or a choir. But they tried it and thought it lacked energy so they hired a song writer/singer to spruce things up a bit. Ya-ya-ya-ya.

I can see it being more feasible pope working on the song more than shore...

Karol....but the planed music for the end credits of AUJ was still a song ;) albeit not sung by professional singers.

Karol....but the planed music for the end credits of AUJ was still a song ;) albeit not sung by professional singers.

It still beats Neil Finn's song 10-0.

i was going to put professional between comas, mind you ;)

Shall we dig up Neil Finn's illustrious career then? You might not like his song but to question his credentials as a singer/songwriter is absurd.

I am not even surprised. Nor am I particularly delighted or annoyed. As long as Shore writes a kick-ass end credits suite for TABA!

So much ululating singing they call artistic these days! How can anyone stand against such reckless faux artistry!