My Complete Episode II and III Edits

GoodMusician

If I'm not mistaken....It will be the exactly same with GoodMusician's Episode I complete score... which will have all the music that appeared in the film and with alternate's cues and unused cues as well.  

And it is in chronological order and like what GoodMusician said if not interested with something then...you can deleted it once you got yourself a download copy of it to change it to suit it as you want it.

Just as long as it's clear exactly what's in the film and what's not. I appreciate it.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may ask...what's the point of me saying "this has dvd rip material" and this doesn't....

I mean, I'm not against it... but why are you so...adament that I do so? Is there something that you are trying to do and just dont' want to say "Well, I only want clean things, so anything with dvd rip I won't use and rather than tell you I won't use it, I'll just ask you to tell me which is DVD rip so I can delete it." becuase if that's the case, give them achance becuase some of the DVD rips are really glorious.

And mark, whom were you referring to about the anger... If you thought my next post after yours was directed at you, It wasn't... heh

I'm curious now about the track "I Am the Senate."

I realize that what JW saw was probably the different edit. I was thinking original version where he's with Palpatine, but then that would mean he coudln't ahve scores "Dialogue with Mace" if I'm not mistaken...

That would make the film mix be of probably two different cues... maybe even two different takes with alternate orchestrations...

But going over what Cerrabore reccommends I can't help but feel it's neglecting a lot from the DVD rip. But listening to the DVD rip, there are quite a few moments where they could have simply pitch altered something but I'm not sure.

Then of course there's that pesky hint of there being more music at the end of the fanfare at the end...

Has anyone ever really figured out this cue?

GM, I didn't mean that I wanted to know what track had a DVD rip. I meant what track has SFX. Not all the rips have sound effects or dialogue. In my edit I used DVD rips in a few places successfully. I was just asking about which had sound effects.

Ok, so I think I've figured out "I Am The Senate." I've managed to use everything... the cue is 3:00.

I removed the unreleased segment in the beginning that plays when the Jedi's first arrive. I don't think it's from the same cue. If you listen to the horn, it is definately playing a hint of Grevious' theme. I think it was MEANT for right before "Good Guys Arrive." or at least... it's meant for some scene dealing with Grevious.

As far as that ending from the game rip that has that unknown segment... I don't know what to think of it.If anyone knows, let me know.

So now that that is done, I'm moving onto the next track! lol

I removed the unreleased segment in the beginning that plays when the Jedi's first arrive. I don't think it's from the same cue. If you listen to the horn, it is definately playing a hint of Grevious' theme. I think it was MEANT for right before "Good Guys Arrive." or at least... it's meant for some scene dealing with Grevious.

The cues is, 'Drawing swords' isnt it? It appears in its propper place also, in the grievous-kenobi duel.

No no... I was talking about the segment after drawing swords... and before the timapni roll into Gen. Grievs theme..

That string stringendo and boom....boom... in the gen. griev. scene at least. In this one it doesn't have the timpani.

It was tracked from the Gen Grevious scene into "I am the Senate."

So when will these be finished?

As soon as GoodMusician finished them. More likely Episode III will come out before Episode II according to him. I think the A.I Artificial Intelligence complete score might have delayed his process for these two.

Actually AI didn't delay anything. I have to periodically take a break from doing these edits and I did that during my break....

If I don't then I get frazzled. It's how I figured out how to edit "I am the senate." I did a prelim edit, walked away for a day, came back, and figured it out.

And not to be rude but, I got asked enough with Episode I about "when is this comming out."

And the answer here is the same. It'll come out when I'm done. There is no due date, I'm not adding more stress to my life by making a day it will come out. You'll just have to wait for it. So please, don't ask.

I havn't forgotten about it, I just need to step away from it every once in a while to clear my head.

I was thinking of releaseing Episode III before Episode II because it's comming along much faster and may be done before II but I might try to release them at the same time.

We'll see.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything.  My meaning was will it be weeks or months, or sometime next year?

Don't sweat it.

What did GoodMusician say?

He said don't ask. He doesn't know exactly when the complete score will be ready for a release considering he hasn't finished it yet. No ones knows when will this complete score will come out (including myself). How about you just be patient and the score will eventually come out soon. Anyway whoever is interested hearing this score (including myself) are waiting patiently for him to finish completing this complete score...so you not only one who wondering when this will come out.

If you'd check the posts, you'd find that the track list has everything as separate cues...

that includes episode II material.

And, as said multiple times in this thread, you don't ahve to have every cue. Delete it if you don't like it.

Is for you demodex, it was meant as more than just to you. I just get tired of being asked in every complete edit thread I make "When will it be done?" ...

I know not the time nor the day. It'll be done when it's done. And I'll let you know when it's done. So stop asking. (that means you and anyone who's considering asking).

Sure took you long to figure that out. :)

- Marc, who still likes AotC, but thinks it is out of the league of the other five Star Wars scores.

I never heard about the Last Crusade bit.

Anyway i think Joe dislikes these scores (and movies) for diferent reasons each, not because they are 'thematically' connected...

Between them i meant...

BTW i fail to see what you said, in LC and HOOK, both are thematically rich and Hook with no other prequel/sequel (by spielberg) to connect with...

And Heck, LC has even one Ark theme rendition...

I think what Marc meant was that AOTC has stolen themes from other films, namely LC and Hook. It is a common complaint among Williams bashers, not that Marc is a basher, but you know what I mean.

Trade Federation Theme = Nazi Theme
Belly of the Steel Beast = Trade Federation March

I don't hear the similarities...

There is no similarities in Belly OF The Steel Beast.

Listen to the cue right before it, the Nazi March is very similar to The Trade Federation's.

If you can't notice it you're either tone deaf or don't want to admit it. :cool:

You mean the texture of the march to it sounds very similar if that what you referring...? I mean it has the same similar feel to it...It just that the melody is totally different.

There is no similarities in Belly OF The Steel Beast.

Listen to the cue right before it, the Nazi March is very similar to The Trade Federation's.

If you can't notice it you're either tone deaf or don't want to admit it. :cool:

I know that the Nazi theme sounds like the TFM, I don't deny that. But I don't know how you can't hear the similarities in BOTSB. I don't know, maybe I'm just losing my mind.

You know, this line of conversation is cute and all, but perhaps it would be better to do it in a more...apropro thread... perhaps...? maybe? Kinda?

Thanks..

Ok so, I have some updates. I'm dumb. Some of you may be like "Well that's not new!" lol... but really...I am.

I'm about 90% Finished with both sets. Episode II has maybe 3-4 tracks left to iron out, and the same goes for Episode III.

I'm currently re-examining everything in the library of music that was sent to me by Lord SKylark to make sure I've got everything right...

I've also updated the track list on the first post. Give it a gander.

Hey someone said earlier that the Lucasart has access to the complete scores right?...

if so have you ripped all the music from Lucasart's games for Episode II and III, and they are complete right?

So what with the DVD rips then?

Hey someone said earlier that the Lucasart has access to the complete scores right?...

if so have you ripped all the music from Lucasart's games for Episode II and III, and they are complete right?  

So what with the DVD rips then?

Somebody hasn't been paying attention. :roll:

Oh never mind. Obviously the rips from the games wasn't enough for a complete unlike for Episode I so yeah that why he using DVD rips...

I hope I barely notice the sound effects when I hear this just like King Mark did with his expanded score ROTS.

Damnit Damo :-p (sorry, been wanting to say it)

You don't seem to understand something. This is a complete release.... King Mark only used what had been released on the games and not everything at that... just most..

UNfortunately, it may be years before we get a more complete release, so... if you want a complete release, then get what I'm giving. It'll have sound effects, DVD rips, but it will also be augmented with the album and video game rips. I've had to go through nearly 10 gig of music files for all 6 scores used in the video games... almost every video game made, I have the rip of.

I've gone through everything so I can assure you that I used everything possible.

At the same time, I HAVE to augment it with DVD rip for it to have everything... otherwise it won't be complete... it'll be what King Mark made...

So if anyone wants something that is just an extended version of the album, PM king mark for his edit. Or Cerrabore... or go by Cerrarbores edits and make one of your own lol

If you want a complete release (meaning all the music we hear or know of or has been found) wait for my release

THat's the KEY difference between mine and theirs. Mine is trying to present everything (as close to as recorded as possible).

King Mark and Cerrabore have clean, extended albums to offer.

Unlike Episode I, II will be mostly DVD rip. VERY little of the score was madeavailable to the people, theirfore, not much past what's on the album has been released.

Episode III however had more material in the games and I could theirfore augment the edits with those rips. What isn't in the games, I took from the DVD.

That's... just how it is folks... until there is a complete release... Whenever if ever there is.

Now don't think this is Directed at you Damo,I'm just making a statement here and now so that people KNOW what the differences are and what they're getting. There's no point in waiting if this isn't what you want...

I would also like to Humbly ask that if anyone has anything they feel should be included on disk 3 (Live Recordings of Episode III suites or such like that) let me know or send me the file. I would like to put some nice extras on Disk 3.

Thanks

I make 2 playlists in itunes:one is the expanded with as little sound effects as possible and minimal DVD rips,the other would have more DVD rips,so I'm looking forward to GM's edit.

K.M.

Well,Episode III is done.

I'm doing one last final check, but I'm going to be packaging it and posting it to my index.

I also have come across a new piece of music... which reminds me I'm missing another little cue.

But that's disk 3.

Everything will be done within the hour and I'll begin uploading it.

Could you please make an extended album version of Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith? I want that track with all the missing music put back in place, but I always fail when I try to make it myself. And every other version I downloaded so far has added war drums and/or is missing the piece of music merging the Main Title with the rest of the music.