My Complete Episode II and III Edits

GoodMusician

Well, What I did do was on DIsk 3 I have the complete suite with the war drums.

I have the Album alternates after is separated but that's because the entire album alternate has never been released (album alternate meaning without drums and the alternate ending).

I do have a file like that though I can send to you. I'll get back to you on that.

I've finished the edit and am uploading Episode III right now.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, What I did do was on DIsk 3 I have the complete suite with the war drums.

I have the Album alternates after is separated but that's because the entire album alternate has never been released (album alternate meaning without drums and the alternate ending).

I do have a file like that though I can send to you. I'll get back to you on that.

I've finished the edit and am uploading Episode III right now.

Does that mean the other tracks that have drum and bass inserts are inserted on Disc 1 and 2. Like Heroes Collide, does that have drum and bass insert from the movie?

oye

Boys into Battle tracks have the percussion in them...mostly because I couldn't find all of the non-percussion tracks. What we have of the non percussive versions are on Disk 3.

Then you have "Anakin's Dark Deeds" and such...those I used the non percussion tracks (like in the film). THe percussion versions are on disk 3.

Herores Collide has no percussion track. What was added was tracked...ALTHOUGH I did put it on Disk 3 with the film percussion layered under it because I thought it was cool enough to warrent inclusion.

... was there more to that sentene?

If you click on them...what? lol

No, I know what you're going to say. I had alittle problem with some of the files. People were telling me they'd gotten some strange sounds and such so I went back and checked on a few. Some of the files hadn't converted right.

If you have it already, you may want to redownload it.

I'm reuploading the files which is why the links arn't working... I'm almost done. The flac will be a while as they take hours.but the mp3 are almost all up.

I personally don't really like the added percussion to the tracks. I can hear the rest of the music much better without the percussion. So when I'm going to make a special edition out of this again, I want to use as much percussion-less tracks. Is it possible to have Boys Into Battle without percussion? Like on the album track?

Not all of it, no. Like I said earlier, I choose to use the film version becasue the percussion version is the only version we have the complete suite of.

The album version is incomplete.

All we have that is for the album version is what's on the album and you could probaly use the same ending segment from the percussion one (although I think that the real ending for the album suite would be where that little piece in the film came from that we still can't find anywhere except on the dvd).

You would still be forced to use at least SOME of the percussion version because ...well.. we don't have it all. I have an Album Suite of "Battle Over Coruscant" that I was going to include, but instead, I simply included the pieces from the album on Disk 3 (which is only 2 of the 4 pieces.)

The others would have to come from the percussion version. "Boys into Battle II" is fine, but the horn note it ends on would not coincide with what the album version of "They're Comming Around" starts with, hence why it's the percussion version...

You could in theory incorporate some of the percussion version just to aleviate the horn note problem...and then go into the album version.

"Get'em R-2" also has minimal percussion and could work fine. So it's really that transition and the fact that you'd have to use DVD rip for the ending (or cheat and use the other versions ending).

It's possible, but not something I was gonna do simply because it wasn't true to form.

I've pm'd everyone who's PM'd me with the link. If I've already sent it to you, and you get another message, I'm sorry but It's hard to keep track of who I send it to and who I havn't.

If you havn't gotten it and would like it, pm me and I'll send it to you.

This link is good for all my edits as it's a link to the index. I have uploaded several scores and some artwork done by Miguel Adrande.

I didn't put any tracked Episode III music... I only put tracked music from other films. The point was to present all the music from Episode III... and I put the tracked music from the other films to help the overall narrative...

But if you guys want it that badly I can upload it to the index.

EDIT: It's on the index now if you want it.

I also uploaded the film edit of "General Grevious"entrance.

what do you mean.

Grevious Travels to Palpatine (CHoirless) is on Disk 3....

If you mean "Reel 4 Deconstruction," then no, I didn't include most of it because it was mostly tracked music. Themusic is available in it's original source... which is why I didn't include those other tracks was becuase this isn't a FILM edit... this is a COMPLETE edit... hence why I didn't include them and frankly didn't want to.

I was really glad it was mixed differently. Especially for the birth of the twins. In the american mix, the baby screaming is in every channel... this time, I was able to get just the back which yes, had voice echoes... but no SCREAMING baby...

I was very happy with the cleanlyness of the rip. For that we have to thank Lord Skylark.

Can't please them all...

You'd rather not hear all the music...or have all the music?... you'd rather it be fragmentary...with jarring obvious edits...

I use to only do film edits... but because so much material is available in this case... it would be too much of a loss not to have a complete edit.

I say give me all the music Williams composed.

If I want to re-live the film I'll watch it. When I listen to the music I want to hear the music and not have it edited and sliced and butchered.

I say give me all the music Williams composed.  

If I want to re-live the film I'll watch it. When I listen to the music I want to hear the music and not have it edited and sliced and butchered.

This man speaks truth!

I would be deeply interested in aquiring some edits from any of you. I am currently trading with two people who promised me edits 5-12 months ago and I still haven't got anything. I wouldbe interested in hearing whatever you guys got (I don't have the time to make my own edits anymore, althoug I still have my own homemade DVD extracts of Clones and Sith; German version) and incomplete edits from the game materials that need updating. Please contact me, anybody! :);)

although your message is more apropriate for the trading b oard... when posting here, it is preferred that you simply PM the people you'd like to hear from... it makes it easier to keep track of and is simply forum policy...

So... just fyi heh

I'm also currently continuing my work on Episode II. I'll keep you updated on the changes to that edit.

Well, I think I put that I want newer editions of E2 and E3 on my Trading Board post already, so I posted here too just to get noticed. Sorry. ;)

-Chris, In playing Battlefront II realized that there's a couple of more edits that can be made, especially my E2 set, which is very outdated now....

My AOTC set has almost no video game material, just my DVD ripped music + the album, so I really need a new edit with that one. I mean, I heard all the music via mp3s and while playing the game itself, I just need a good 2 or 3 CDR edit in CD quality.

PS- I love all of the tracks with extra percussion if anybody has them.

I don't want to be rude, but I already said don't post requests for stuff here. I'm not a mod, but if one sees it, they'll remove your posts and/or close my thread... so please...

If you want them, we can work soemthing out via email or pm.

GoodMusician, I want to say that we all appreciate your efforts with these soundtracks. While it's not exactly what I was looking for, I'm sure the vast majority of people here will be very pleased.

There are a few places where it sounds like the tracks should have been kept together instead of separated, but overall it's a great job.

EDIT: To be honest I can't tell where your edits are different from the film edits (except of course where the music ends abruptly).

Thanks GoodMusician. I for one appreciate what you've done with your edits, because they're YOURS. I can't understand why everyone is on your case. I just thank you for sharing.

Well I can say this much about the EP 3 Edit:

You've done a wonderful job GoodMusician, however i was hoping for I Am the Senate to be film version because the last 30 seconds is the cue I need to make it officially a film version. As for the soundtrack, I was hoping it would be in suites rather than tracked because i prefer it in suites.

I listened to your Episode III complete score and yeah you've done a wonderful job GoodMusician. Can't wait for Episode II.

So anyway any updates for Episode II complete score?

So...I just happened to be going through some old links of mine...and I ran into a link to the sony star wars episode IIwebsite...

Give the music a listen...notice anything different?

http://sonyclassical.com/music/89932/

So now we have a version of the end credits Across the stars heard in the music video, and another that starts out with a timpani hit...

Yeah I hear it, although there is a Timpani roll in "Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale" OST album after the modern variation of Darth Vader's Imperial March finishes to bring in Across the stars.

Where could that Timpani hit come from I wonder?

But it doesn't have the timpani hit...and then compared to the music video, it's still something different again... which makes me think they might have recorded that segment at least twice. Once without the build up and just the timpani hit and roll, and once with the grand intro heard in the music video.

yeah possibly...that's interesting....I can actually hear the timpani hit after it's roll but it not as noticeable considering the strings kicks in at the same time with the that timpani hit compared to one sony star wars episode II website you provided above.

Edit: No wait....there isn't a hit...just a roll...

GM you might right about the two different recordings...