My Complete Episode II and III Edits

GoodMusician

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's still different because you don't hear a timpani hit on the first note... it may be the quality... but I still think it's different.

It should have had a horn over it... not to mention it would be two timpani hits.

Ok, the piece playing on the sony website is a cut-down edit of the music video version - listen to the music video version such as the one skylark offered on his server - it's the same opening, then they just make a sloppy crossfade to "Forbidden Vows" after the timpani hit that, in the music video version, opens the coruscant chase segment.

Demo.... there are so many things I could say right now to you... but I'd like to not be banned so...

Good catch there elvis... I didn't even bother to check if it could be from that portion of the video... I had (for some crazy reason apparently) assumed they'd taken it from the source... not from some other compilation....

And had they, Demo, it would mean there was another version... and with another version, it means another track on my Episode II edit.

There has been talk that that portion of Episode II underwent a bit of re-working and editing... already we have two versions of "Forbidden Vows," a third one might have been interesting...

Woud you rather me be meticulous about it... or would you rather get a rehash of every other Episode II edit?

And yes, something that little as a lone timpani hit can be that important. How else do you think I was able to find all those alternate takes for the Episode I edit? Because I would listen for something minutely different...a horn flub, a string tempo change, a misplaced timpani hit, a strong tambourine hit, or instruments comming in at the wrong times... not by going "Oh, well,it's only SLIGHTLY different, so it matters not."

This is an apropro place for a rolling eye smiley: :roll:

So eaither help, or don't even bother posting in here because your lackluster attitude is far from acceptable.

Isn't that timpani hit from the corsucant chase?

Yes. Just as the "Coruscant Chase" part comes in, as in the full music video, it cuts to Across the Stars.

Hey there GoodMusician,

Just wanted to let you know that i have been enjoying your Episode III stuff. By the way, what happened to the music cue for the scene where Anakin meets with Palpatine about him being appointed to the council as the 'personal representative'? Did you forget it, or was it something tracked? Just wondered. Also, I wanted to know how your Episode II edits are coming, since no one has heard from you in about a week.

Can't wait to hear it.

Hey there GoodMusician,

Just wanted to let you know that i have been enjoying your Episode III stuff. By the way, what happened to the music cue for the scene where Anakin meets with Palpatine about him being appointed to the council as the 'personal representative'? Did you forget it, or was it something tracked? Just wondered. Also, I wanted to know how your Episode II edits are coming, since no one has heard from you in about a week.

Can't wait to hear it.

It's the track "Be Careful of Your Friend"

• 2 weeks later...

it kinda did for now... I've been out of town and life has been in the way because of things going on... but I still have it partially finished. I just wish I could make something worth while....

Episode I was amazing, Episode III was great, but this is just... blah... because there is so much going on and so little released...

I just would hate to release it right now because of how poor it is...oh well...I've got about 14 things going on but Its on my mind.

Well don't release it if you think if it that bad because everyone who interested in hearing it might not like it. You and everyone who interested in this EP II edits of yours wanted this as good as possible it can be. Keep it up no matter how long it will take.

I personally don't want to release it... that's why it's taking so long..

I'm holding out hope that something, anything, will randomly pop up and be able to help out... There is so much unreleased material and the DVD rip is so poor, let alone the massive amount of editing...

making sense of it all... and then putting it together in a decent, listenable way... it's ... annoying really is the best way to describe it.

Episode I had an amazing wealth of music. If you all can remember ,it started out as a 2 disk set, then as I dug deeper, I realized I was surrounded by alternate takes galore... little bits and pieces here and ther eof everything... putting it together, it turned into a 4 disk set!

Episode III had quite a bit of material released and because of the German DVD not having voice echoes, it made the editing and just complete listening a joy.

Episode II is neither. It neither has much material released... nor does it have a clean rip. Anything I put out there will simply be--imo--repackaged shit. There won't be much of anything new or fresh about it compared to other Episode II releases.

It's still on the backburner... and I'm still hoping for more(realizing there probably won't be)... if this goes on much longer... I may finish the job and release it but it is not really anything worth waiting for if I may be blunt...

Sorry...

Ah well...It not the end of the world considering he isn't gonna release it. Can't always get every single complete score by John Williams or any other film composer...

But perhaps those fanfares aren't worth a total release. As it stands, the Episode II unreleased music is, by and large, simple blocks of music. If you don't want to release repackaged stuff, maybe it's best to not do a complete version and let others edit it themselves. THere are a few fanfares, the extended Dooku music, maybe it's just best people find those themselves and add them to their soundtracks. It won't be complete, but like you said, the serious lack of extra music makes assembling a worth-while set hard.

oh yes...there are some cues that come out fine... and there are some great little pieces of released music... Those are what make me want to release it... but it's moments like Obi-wan going to Kamino that don't make me want to because it's like watching the damned movie.

I'll eventually release it... it's just that it won't be very fresh as most of what's on it was released other in KM's extended edit and such.

GoodMusician, I'd be happy if you just made available the music that's in the film. I don't have the time or software needed to do one myself, but if you can find in your heart to make an AOTC UE it would be great.

LOL! That's rich

They are comming out with a new star wars game. I know it may be nieve of me, but I'm holding out hope that something might be in it. I checked the website and screen shots and mustafar, coruscant, and a few other places that might hold some PT music were shown so I'm holding out hope that there might be something...Anyone heard anything about the music in the game? It seems to be only for PSP and DS though...hmm

not to promote piracy or anything... but maybe someone will crack the psp version for download. or you could just get a psp, the game, and a minijack thing and record the music...

-Drod who thinks the DS serves no purpose in life.

I'm just wondering if there is music in it from the films. I didn't even realize it was for PSP when I first looked it up...I thought it was Play Station or something... but it's PSP... I just wonder if it has any music from the films in it...

• 1 year later...

STAR WARS: Episode II (Complete Edit)

Disc 1 - (58:43)

01) Fox Fanfare (ESB Recording) - [0:22]

02) Main Title (TPM Recording) - [1:30]

03) Arrival at Coruscant - [0:19]

04) Ambush on the Landing Platform - [2:17] %

05) The Security Council - *

06) Old Friends - Annie- [1:36]

07) The Nightshift Begins - [0:57] *

08) Setting the Trap - [2:51] *

09) Chase Through Coruscant - [11:33]

10) Executive Orders and Obi Wans Concern - [1:38] *

11) Going into Hiding - [2:51] *

12) Departing Coruscant - [1:42]

13) Jedi Archives - [1:16] *

14) Yoda and the Younglings - [3:55]

15) Audience on Naboo - [2:26] *

16) Arrival at Kamino (Film Alternate) - [1:42] (*)

17) The Army of the Republic (Film Ending) - [0:52] *

18) Glass Sculptures - Forbidden Kiss - [2:19] %

19) Inspecting the Army - [1:51]

20) The Meadow Picnic - [2:32]

21) Interview with Jango - [2:50] *

22) Anakin and Padme - [3:54]

23) Making Contact - Dreams - [2:44] *

24) Tatooine Resolution (Tracked) - [1:41]

Disc 2

01) Jango's Escape - Arrival at Tatooine - [3:50]

* - Denotes film dialogue echo

% - SFX mixed in

# - Arrival at Kamino (Album Alternate) - [1:42]

# - Making Contact - Dream (Album Alternate) - [2:44]

# - Finale (Expanded Alternate) - [ ]

# - Across the Stars (Album) - [ ]

# - The Story of Episode II - [ ]

# - Music Video - [ ]

# - Episode II Medley - [ ]

It was just told to me that the index is now back up... or should be... but all the files I uploaded are wiped, so I'll have to reupload...but this time, there is now a limit, and until that limit can go up more, I'll be stuck only uploading certain things so it looks to me like Episode II may be the only thing up in a few weeks...

so yes, the site is all back, but no, its not ALL back... if you get what I mean... sorry

And glad you're all excited. I am too. I'm having a pretty good time.

I've only finished maybe 2/3's of the score edit, but it's not coming out that bad. I'm gonna try to include everything I can. I've included a few portions of tracked music simply because it's hard not to at times... and then to figure out where stuff was meant to go... nearly impossible.

So the final product will be a sort of ... hybrid between an expanded/more complete Episode II UE and a story on tape as there is a bit of dialogue echo that I unfortunately can't get rid of... but not too much.

I found a way to almost drown out the echo by raising the level of the back channels, and leaving the fronts in the mix, it almost at times sounds like CD quality but with a sort of echo in it that sometimes you can understand.

Just wanted to update:

STAR WARS: Episode II (Complete Edit)

[1:25:03] so far

01) Fox Fanfare (ESB Recording) [0:22]

02) Main Title (TPM Recording) [1:30]

03) Arrival at Coruscant [0:19]

04) Ambush on the Landing Platform [2:17] %

05) The Security Council [2:46] *

06) Old Friends - Annie [1:36]

08) Setting the Trap [2:51] *

09) Chase Through Coruscant [11:33]

10) Executive Orders and Obi Wans Concern [1:38] *

11) Going into Hiding [2:51] *

12) Departing Coruscant [1:42]

13) Jedi Archives [1:16] *

14) Yoda and the Younglings [3:55]

15) Audience on Naboo [2:26] *

16) Arrival at Kamino (Film Alternate) [1:42] (*)

17) The Army of the Republic (Film Ending) [0:52] *

18) Glass Sculptures - Forbidden Kiss [2:19] %

19) Inspecting the Army [1:51]

20) The Meadow Picnic [2:32]

21) Interview with Jango [2:50] *

22) Anakin and Padme [3:54]

23) Making Contact - Dreams [2:44] *

24) Tatooine Resolution (Tracked) [1:41]

Disc 2 (26:14 so far)

01) Jango's Escape - Arrival at Tatooine [3:50]

02) Meeting Watto [0:54] %

03) Bounty Hunter Pursuit - Arrival at Geonosis [2:21] (very slight %)

04) The Lars Homestead - Searching for Shmi - Spying on the Separatists [6:55]

05) Tuskan Camp - Return to the Homestead (Film) [5:52]

06) Anakin's Confession [2:38] *

07) Shmi's Funeral - To Geonosis [3:46] %

* - Denotes film dialogue echo

% - SFX mixed in

# - Dex's Diner [ ]

# - Arrival at Kamino (Album Alternate) [1:42]

# - Anakin's Dream (Album Alternate) [ ]

# - Tuskan Camp - Return to the Homestead (Album) [5:52]

Here's another updated track list:

STAR WARS: Episode II (Complete Edit) [1:42:42 so far]

01) Fox Fanfare (ESB Recording) - [0:22]

02) Main Title (TPM Recording) - [1:30]

03) Arrival at Coruscant - [0:19]

04) Ambush on the Landing Platform - [2:17] %

05) The Security Council - *

06) Old Friends - Annie- [1:36]

08) Setting the Trap - [2:51] *

09) Chase Through Coruscant - [11:33]

10) Executive Orders and Obi Wans Concern - [1:38] *

11) Going into Hiding - [2:51] *

12) Departing Coruscant - [1:42]

13) Jedi Archives - [1:16] *

14) Yoda and the Younglings - [3:55]

15) Audience on Naboo - [2:26] *

16) Arrival at Kamino (Film Alternate) - [1:42] (*)

17) The Army of the Republic (Film Ending) - [0:52] *

18) Glass Sculptures - Forbidden Kiss - [2:19] %

19) Inspecting the Army - [1:51]

20) The Meadow Picnic - [2:32]

21) Interview with Jango - [2:50] *

22) Anakin and Padme - [3:54]

23) Making Contact - Dreams - [2:44] *

24) Tatooine Resolution (Tracked) - [1:41]

Disc 2

(43:48 so far)

01) Jango's Escape - Arrival at Tatooine - [3:50]

02) Meeting Watto - [0:54]

03) Bounty Hunter Pursuit - Arrival at Geonosis - [2:21]

04) The Lars Homestead - Searching for Shmi - Spying on the Separatists - [6:55]

05) Tuskan Camp - Return to the Homestead (Film)- [5:52]

06) Anakin's Confession - [2:38]

07) Shmi's Funeral - To Geonosis - [3:46]

08) A Crisis - [1:03]

09) Dooku's Offer (Tracked) - [1:24]

10) Emergency Powers - [1:52]

11) Arrival at Geonosis (Tracked) - [1:39]

12) The Droids Confer - [0:36]

13) On the Conveyor Belt - [3:05]

14) Captured - [0:39]

15) Love Pledge - [2:39]

16) The Arena - [4:28]