Who is this?

MSM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, may I ask how you went about making it?

References?

Of course, thanks you like it. I "copied" it by eye using this picture as reference:

20070722_jwnypmed.jpg

I could tell it was Williams right off the bat, before looking at the original picture. ;)

You're the first one to guess correctly ;)

I still don't understand how artists see those colors...

I mean like... when I paint or draw, it ends up looking like...a cartoon.. I just don't udnerstand how you see those colors in the shadows and in the shades... I can't at all lol...

really cool job

I still don't understand how artists see those colors...

I mean like... when I paint or draw, it ends up looking like...a cartoon.. I just don't udnerstand how you see those colors in the shadows and in the shades... I can't at all lol...

really cool job

Thanks ;)

The secret is in the observing. I opened both the ref pic and Paint, next to each other. I then started to draw some of the contours. Then immediately started to add colors. What you do, also in conventional painting or drawing, is you just look at the contours and colors in the ref and you draw the same contours and use same colors for the drawing. Keep looking from the ref to your drawing every second and compare if what you do is correct. If contours or colours are not correct, tou see a shift every time you change your view. Of course one can choose to intentionally use different colors for an effect or to point certain details out.

Just try first with simple photos, or cartoon figures. It will ask a lot of your patience. This drawing costed me 8 hours of non-stop drawing.

cool... I guess its things like the forhead, how you outlined it in that sort of bluishblack...I don't see it... but I do... I dunno...hard to explain... I guess I'm just not meant to be a painter visually lol

Though I'm in the camp that says it's not art unless it comes from your head, it's still a great effort, and if anything it shows good technique...considering it's done in MS Paint of all things.

nice one!! I could tell instantly, its really nicely done.

I really don't know how people can draw using paint. The best i can do is something short of a stick figure. I'll just stick to pencil and paper.

Your mama.

No, but seriously, I recognized him right off the bat. Nicely done...for MS Paint. As a digital painter myself--though not a very good one--I'd highly recommend investing in Photoshop or Painter. Photoshop is my preference, but many people swear by Painter, and it's certainly cheaper. You can do everything you can do in MS Paint, plus a heck of a lot more. Fun stuff.