What good scores did you buy over EBAY?

Josh500

I'm really into ebay these days (buying and selling), and I just bought PRESUMED INNOCENT (SEALED) for 6 Euros. I think that's a pretty darn good deal!!! I'm now waiting for A.I. Promo CD to appear, but that can wait. What scores (OOP or otherwise) did you buy over ebay--tell me about your experiences!

:shakehead:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought Raiders of the Lost Ark (the expanded release) and Hook over Ebay...and I think I got The Rocketeer also. I also got the OT SE releases on Ebay, and if I recall correctly I got the TPM UE on Ebay.

I bought Raiders of the Lost Ark (the expanded release) and Hook over Ebay...and I think I got The Rocketeer also. I also got the OT SE releases on Ebay, and if I recall correctly I got the TPM UE on Ebay.

Hook the regular release? I'm sorry, what's OT again???

I bought Angela's Ashes (sans narration), Jaws 2, JNH's The Man in the Moon, Shore's Mrs. Doubtfire, The Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition, Mrs. Santa Claus (TV musical), and The Witches of Eastwick on e-bay. I also got Shaiman's City Slickers II and JNH's Waterworld from Amazon Marketplace. Never had any bad experiences, it's a great way to get hard-to-find stuff.

Ray Barnsbury

I bought Angela's Ashes (sans narration), Jaws 2, JNH's The Man in the Moon, Shore's Mrs. Doubtfire, The Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition, Mrs. Santa Claus (TV musical), and The Witches of Eastwick on e-bay. I also got Shaiman's City Slickers II and JNH's Waterworld from Amazon Marketplace. Never had any bad experiences, it's a great way to get hard-to-find stuff.

Ray Barnsbury

Jaws 2 . . . yeah, that's on my wishlist, too. I actually saw that for 59 Euros (80 USD) on ebay. Do you think it's worth that much???

Hook the regular release? I'm sorry, what's OT again???

Yeah, the regular release. OT is short for Original Trilogy, as in Star Wars.

Hmmmm . . . my motto is, if a CD is NOT out of print yet, I'm not going to buy it USED, no matter how expensive. For a John Williams original I'm perfectly willing to pay the cover price. Only if an album is OOP and really impossible to find in a store, then I'll turn to ebay.

Jaws 2 . . . yeah, that's on my wishlist, too. I actually saw that for 59 Euros (80 USD) on ebay. Do you think it's worth that much???

I probably wouldn't pay that much for it, but that's just me. It's a really good score, in any case.

Ray Barnsbury

Plus, you can get new CDs on eBay, too.

Me, I got Goldenthal's Juan Darién (shrinkwrapped), Cobb, Fenton's The Madness of King George and Dangerous Liaisons, a 9-disc set of Bach choral works conducted by Gardiner (shrinkwrapped and damn cheap), a Bruckner CD and plenty of Nyman albums, plus U2's The Joshua Tree and Yes, Virginia plus Paradise by The Dresden Dolls. Probably some more I'm forgetting at the moment. Only one of them is in somewhat poor condition: One of the Nyman discs is rather scratched, the first two tracks have a couple of clicking sounds. Perhaps I should have sent it back, but I was rather busy at that time, plus it was really cheap (and has been expensive in stores ever since I'd been looking for it), and I have a working CDR of those tracks (the tracks that are damaged on that one are fine on the disc I got off eBay).

Ray Barnsbury

I LIVE for Amazon Marketplace. I always get great deals on cds on there.

Korngold's Kings Row (Gerhardt recording).

I'm really into ebay these days (buying and selling), and I just bought PRESUMED INNOCENT (SEALED) for 6 Euros. I think that's a pretty darn good deal!!! I'm now waiting for A.I. Promo CD to appear, but that can wait. What scores (OOP or otherwise) did you buy over ebay--tell me about your experiences!

:shakehead:

Do you mean you're hoping to buy an original pressing of the A.I. promo? Paying for a CD-R isn't a good idea... at all.

I get most of my scores from eBay and Amazon. From eBay, I've gotten:

Jaws 2

Temple of Doom

Minority Report

Home Alone

Raiders of the Lost Ark (expanded edition)

Home Alone 2

The Terminal

Nightmare Before Christmas

and some others I've forgotten

I used to use eBay the most, but now, I'm more of an Amazon person.

All of the download sites out there have pretty much ruined the thrill of finding long-hoped-for treasures for me; it's just too easy to, in a matter of minutes, get something for which I've been searching for years (like Jaws 2, which is AWESOME). What Ebay has hooked me up with were LPs of scores that I couldn't find anywhere in cd format.

Amazon Marketplace is THE place, along with Half.com. I was able to find almost all of the Charles Gerhardt compilation cds there, though "Kings Row" still escapes my grasp.

It took me about a year of periodic checking of eBay and Half.com to track down Kings Row. I know it was eBay that I eventually found it on (and it took two or three tries; once, the item was taken down, and another time, I was outbid by somebody). Ironically, in the end I only payed about $15 including shipping.

Korngold's Kings Row (Gerhardt recording).

:)

Do you mean you're hoping to buy an original pressing of the A.I. promo? Paying for a CD-R isn't a good idea... at all.

Nope, I'm not hoping to buy a CD-R! But occasionally I see an original pressing being offered on ebay. For exorbitant prices, I should add.

Far too many to list, but they include Raiders of the Lost Ark (original LP, and both original and expanded CDs), E.T. original CD and LP, The Exorcist limited edition CD (with Lalo Schifrin's rejected score), Patrick Doyle's Carlito's Way, several OOP Charles Gerhardt albums and the Star Wars Anthology box set (sadly missing the booklet).

Well, I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, but I just won the Anthology box set a few hours ago for $1.99. What is wrong with the world?>!

What anthology box set?

I love it, it's raw, emotional without getting sentimental, uplifting and tragic at the same time.

I also love Goldenthal's singing in this. :lol:

Ok. ;) I find it a bit difficult to get into, but it has some cool moments at least. My favourite remains Sphere (and whenever I listen to Batman Forever, I conclude that's also one of the best scores out there, but for some reason I mostly forget about it a few weeks later). Goldenthal's singing is also cool in Cobb.

Regarding eBay, I also bought plenty of DVDs there, many of them still shrinkwrapped. Never had any trouble there, except once when that wonderfully cheap SuberBit Gattaca never arrived. PayPal returned my money though, so in the end, the only problem is that I still don't have it on DVD.

whenever I listen to Batman Forever, I conclude that's also one of the best scores out there, but for some reason I mostly forget about it a few weeks later

Don't you have Post-it notes at home?

I love it, it's raw, emotional without getting sentimental, uplifting and tragic at the same time.

I also love Goldenthal's singing in this. :thumbup:

Ok. :) I find it a bit difficult to get into,

Well yes, but is that not often the case with Goldenthal?

His work is not instantly digestable.

Well, I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, but I just won the Anthology box set a few hours ago for $1.99. What is wrong with the world?>!

What anthology box set?

THE anthology, the Star Wars trilogy box set.

Never had any trouble there, except once when that wonderfully cheap SuberBit Gattaca never arrived. PayPal returned my money though, so in the end, the only problem is that I still don't have it on DVD.

Someone was trying to tell you something about owning that dreadful movie.....

Greg - who's eBay win/purchase of Temple of Doom for about £16 including postage has been well-documented elsewhere....