Found this on Myspace the other day.(I think its a fake)

mcdaid72000

Real or Fake?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Real or Fake

• Real
    • Fake
    • Unsure

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a serious question? It's a just a fan site, there are millions of them. That is actually why I am here typing today. I friended an older JW myspace so I could use his music on my page, through a bulletin I responded to, I met the real creator of the page and became friends with him. One step led to another, I got into e-mail trading, met a couple other people, and ended up on this site.

Just the idea of JW using Internet is far-fetched to me, so the concept that he'd have a MySpace page is even more remote.

But let's play along :D

-JW actually reads a lot, poetry especially.

- He actually does occasionally smokes cigars if I remember correctly.

- He's too modest to write "I have written some of the most recognizable film scores of the last 40 years"

- His personal hero would certainly not be George Lucas, rofl.

Here's what I'm *really* wondering about... all those people who send him messages... are they serious? Do they really hope it reaches JW?

Yeah, the only legit composer myspace I've found is Hans Zimmer's and that's not even run by him. It's really just his news center. Although, I believe I found a real one for Tom Hanks...

A lot of composers have a myspace. I've friended a lot of them.

Mark Brisbane, George Shaw, Paul Haslinger, John Powell, Lyle Workman, Lisbeth Scott, Daniel Pemberton, James Dooley, Christopher Lennertz, Quincy Jones, Winifred Philips, Hans Zimmer, Gary Kibler, Trevor Morris, Jeff Rona, and Brian Tyler are all my friends.

Zoe Zimmer has one, but she keeps her page private and doesn't friend random strangers :D

One of the funniest things was on Trevor Morris' page. His statement was "What makes you think a composer isn't a drugs salesman?"

He like Quentin Tarentino........... :lol:

I can't believe someone would think this is true.

Although Jerry Goldsmith has a page too, last login Dec. 2005. :D

JW doesn't use internet. And this sums it all up as a fake:
Well, I have composed some of the most popular film scores of all time.

Another thing I saw was that if you go to the Pictures the person claiming to be John Williams spelled Arc(Ark) wrong. See if you notice anything else wrong because I can name a lot.

JW doesn't use internet. And this sums it all up as a fake:
Well, I have composed some of the most popular film scores of all time.

Well he has composed quite a few of the most popular film scores of all time.

No disrespect to The Maestro, I've got nothing but admiration for his music and life.

But I would hope the real John Towner Williams would be more modest about his life's accomplishments, instead of reciting his biography like an encyclopedia's abstract.

No disrespect to The Maestro, I've got nothing but admiration for his music and life.

But I would hope the real John Towner Williams would be more modest about his life's accomplishments, instead of reciting his biography like an encyclopedia's abstract.

Williams is far more modest... That is a fake.

I'm not too familiar with myspace, but what is it with the stolen identities thing or why it's even allowed? How are you sure anyone is really who they say they are then?

I'm not too familiar with myspace, but what is it with the stolen identities thing or why it's even allowed? How are you sure anyone is really who they say they are then?

Myspace would be pretty boring if it only had real people.

Another thing I saw was that if you go to the Pictures the person claiming to be John Williams spelled Arc(Ark) wrong. See if you notice anything else wrong because I can name a lot.

Then why did you even begin to contemplate that it could be him? I really hope you didn't and just thought this was an amusing page :baaa:

Then why did you even begin to contemplate that it could be him? I really hope you didn't and just thought this was an amusing page :baaa:

Because some people are gullible...:P

Then why did you even begin to contemplate that it could be him? I really hope you didn't and just thought this was an amusing page :wub:

Because some people are gullible...:)

Really? :(

Then why did you even begin to contemplate that it could be him? I really hope you didn't and just thought this was an amusing page ;)

I just wanted to look at it. See how many errors I could find. Not sure where the fake got the photos from, but it is probably easy to find all three photos on the internet. There are three photos if I remember correctly. One of him. the middle one I cant remember, but the third photo is the one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark recording session. Under it they spell Ark wrong. They spelled it Arc instead of Ark.

Yeah, the only legit composer myspace I've found is Hans Zimmer's and that's not even run by him. It's really just his news center. Although, I believe I found a real one for Tom Hanks...

It is Tom Hanks' MySpace. He was on Oprah about 2 months ago and showed the audience his page. I know Henry Thomas's page is actually his because in various interviews he's said it is. Of course I'm the only one who really cares, but still........... :lol:

I COULD be JW's page, but I'm skeptical.... :jump: