First Impressions of TKOTKS

RuBen_Kenobi

Hi guys, these are my tougths of what are going to be the first impressions on the new Indy score of some of the V.I.P. or M.V.P. members of this great forum:

Stefancos: Can´t touch any of the Goldmsith greatest works or the LOTR trilogy, but it is fine.

Luke: I love it! (but I seriusly consider that Giachinno could do it better...).

Joe: AVERAGE. It is not a piece of garbage like AOTC a.k.a "the worst score of all time", but can´t touch Raiders or Temple of Doom, maybe it is better than the OVERRATED Last Crusade.

King Mark: I love it! But damn, I whis the album would have include that little motif that plays when Indy shots his gun in the temple. I can´t wait for the complete recordings...

Another member: Mm, I think it could be a sound efect.

KM: nah, it is a motif, it plays again when Indy shot his gun again and kills the big snake.

Another (evil) member: Yeah I know what motif do you mean, but i heard rumours that Ben Burtt did it or that William Ross composed it.

KM (with Vaders´voice): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Most of the members (include myself): It´s a masterpiece!

I hope not hurt anybody feelings, it is only a joke, I love you all! (no homo!).

This is my comeback. Maybe some of you remember me. I register on april of 2005, and posted for a couple of months regulary. But my connection started to go very slow, so I stopped to post. Don´t know why, altougth I have try to "come back" a couple of times, I never did it until this day. But I have been entering the site every week since that, and I have always fun with your opinions. And I know a lot of more about the maestro and film music thanks to all of you. This forum is amazing!

My name is Ruben, I´m 26. I live in Madrid. I studied journalism and cinema production, but I´m working in the Fnac, selling dvds and soundtracks (I order the soundtrack section... and i also make reviews of soundtracks in www.fnac.es). I love cinema first (a very big fan of Star wars and Steven Spielberg) and I started to became a Williams and film scoring fan thanks to you.

When I stopped to post in the forum I had the SW scores and only a few more. Three years later I have like 40 Williams original cds and over 100 of others: Newton Howard, Giachinno, Elfman, and even Zimmer (yes I like some of his stuff). Damn, I realised that I have spend a lot of money! (And I buy more dvds than scores, and also comic books... Uff!). I have an Ipod of 30 GB full of scores (and with almost all the Williams discography). My last bougths are: Superman Box (amazing), Alien, The Omen trilogy and I am waiting for Amazings Stories vol. 1 and 3. I attend to the Soncinemad last year (the Silvestri concert was great) so I hope to see some of you in this year edition (and maybe in Ubeda!).

And that´s my story. I wasn´t here officially but I´ve never left. I can´t wait for the Indy film (and score, of course!), I´m sure all of us are gonna like it. Are you with me in my tougths? What dou you think the other members are gonna think?

P.S.: I´m sorry for the long post and for my english, I haven´t write on it in a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away :) )

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha funny post.

But you have 66 posts,so you must have been here

Blumenkhol:It's average,like all of Williams scores in the past 10 years.I can't wait untill Zimmer takes over scoring Spielberg's movies

This is my comeback. Maybe some of you remember me. I register on april of 2005, and posted for a couple of months regulary. But my connection started to go very slow, so I stopped to post. Don´t know why, altougth I have try to "come back" a couple of times, I never did it until this day. But I have been entering the site every week since that, and I have always fun with your opinions. And I know a lot of more about the maestro and film music thanks to all of you. This forum is amazing!

Haha, nice post!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to think it's "brilliant." But I think I'll take that a step further, to "extremely brilliant," or possibly even "a masterpiece!"

Not a bad parody. Gave me a chuckle. :)

This board would make great material for a comic strip. In the hands of someone truly evil it could be downright hilarious.

I'm expecting "damn good, but not quite to the level of the first three" for me.

That would be a triumph as far as I'm concerned.

Luke: I love it! (but I seriusly consider that Giachinno could do it better...).

Luke: I love it! (but I seriously think the crappy CGI hurt the music).

Luke: I love it! (but I seriously think the crappy CGI hurt the music).

:)

Man both statements are wrong. Do i reflect my personality THAT bad?

I would never ever put Giacchino over Williams.

And I would never (ever) critisize ILM's CGI :(. Not least in a Lucas/Spielberg production since i know they take the best from them.

I mean you two took/identified my interests but used them totally opposite...

The fun thing is... i dont have a clue of what my first impression would be :P

Something 'squeefartsyc' i suppose.

Well at least im considered an important member... 8O

That said.. welcome back ruben. :angry:

I had a secret passionate love affair with Michael Giacchino.

I hope that was not intended as one of my statements

Sounds more like Erik Woods :| (j/k)

Aren't you the Ruben Stefan introduced us (Marc, Krzyzstof, and I) to in Ubeda?

If so, it's nice to see you here!

If not, never mind, welcome (back), and it was a funny message-- it's just missing a 1000-line paragraph by GoodMusician on how to properly (re)master the CD :P

Funny. I bought the 1941 OST at Madrid's FNAC just this summer.

Hmmm, I see RuBenKenobi at FNAC in most of my weekly trips there, but now I'm not sure he was there this summer.

One thing's certain, Indy4 will make a poll to gauge our opinions of the score :|:angry:

:P Well, Blu will probably do the rating thing, Josh will come up with a bunch of new polls related to Indy 4, I think I'll do a poll comparing it with the other films' scores.

Neil: The movie was such a piece of garbage it is impossible for me to enjoy this score on any level.

Hlao-roo :It totally sucks (meaning he loves it)

GM:I think the trumpets on track 4 should be more to the left

KM: " Stealing the Skulls " has 12 seconds missing of those brilliant trumpet fanfares from when Indy escapes the Temple

If not, never mind, welcome (back), and it was a funny message-- it's just missing a 1000-line paragraph by GoodMusician on how to properly (re)master the CD ;)

No, it is a completely different Rubén from Madrid.

If not, never mind, welcome (back), and it was a funny message

No, it is a completely different Rubén from Madrid.

Thanks for clearing it up, Stefan!

So where is Ubeda-Rubén? Is he doing fine?

Funny, I´m sure I have touched that copy so many times! hehe

No I´m not that Rubén. I have never been in Úbeda (maybe this summer :lol: )

Hmmm, I see RuBenKenobi at FNAC in most of my weekly trips there, but now I'm not sure he was there this summer.

Really??? Who are you? Do I know you? I have been working in Fnac since July 2004 (man, that´s a long time!) first 3 years only the weenkends, now everyday. I was working last summer (well, I have a couple of weeks of vacations in august).

@Luke: Everybody knows that Williams is God for you (as for many of us), but you have to admit that Giachinno to you is Jesus Christ!! :blink:

@Stefan: I always say the truth (for certain point if view...) hehe

Thank you all for your welcome!

If Giapoopy is Christ, then let's break out the hammer and nails!

Gicahinno (a.k.a sometimes my name is difficult to write) is only Luke´s Christ. He is gonna found a new religion, altought I´m sure he is going to find some pastors here...