Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

A really epic trailer!

Starting to actually look forward!

Paw Kent's warming to Clarke about not ever seeming to be different seems like the opposite of what Glen Ford was talkin' bout!

This film will have more angst and self doubt!

Look how these lingering shots suddenly turn epic.

One can bet that plastering JW's music on the film will still be awesome, despite how different the film might be to what JW scored. The music modifies what you're seeing, and not so much the other way around.

Something I have to say: I love Snyder's apparent interest in Superman's cape, and also his feet.

ok, as I've thought...

The magic is officially lost from superhero movies..

The general tendency (as with Dark Knight) is to rationalize the whole concept and make them more realistic...

I prefer the comic and fairytale aesthetics..

The tone is a lot washier, the sharpness diffused. It's not Snyder's regular camera man.

Of course not. It's one of Michael Bay's Transformers DPs, Amir Mokri. But the look of the film wouldn't change much, even if Larry Fong was doing it.

Plus, the comics are not all fairy tales and devoid of realism. Go read some of the benchmark Batman stories from the eighties. Far closer to what Nolan put on the screen than the four movies from the Burton era.

ok, as I've thought...

The magic is officially lost from superhero movies..

The general tendency (as with Dark Knight) is to rationalize the whole concept and make them more realistic...

I prefer the comic and fairytale aesthetics..

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GROW UP?!! The world is gritty. Learn to deal with it. Don't flee into fantasy worlds made of colourful characters. Face the grim reality.

Haha!!! That's exactly what I am being told all the time by my surroundings..

Plus, the comics are not all fairy tales and devoid of realism. Go read some of the benchmark Batman stories from the eighties. Far closer to what Nolan put on the screen than the four movies from the Burton era.

Many of Burton's films tend to be quite colourful and wierd, but associating him with the horseshit Schumacher had up his sleeve is just cruel.

Hey you might watch them again and completely reverse your diehard opinion like it was nothing.

I might.

I might also meet a terrific guy one day and realise that I'm actually gay.

what a very ineffectual trailer. how utterly disappointing. The difference in Donner and Snyder is simple, one is optimistic and hopeful, and the other is cowardice and untrusting.

Jonathan Kent suggesting Clark should have allowed those kids to die...... :shakehead:

Superman stands for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

I don't know what this one stands for.

Jonathan Kent suggesting Clark should have allowed those kids to die...... :shakehead:

You think about it. If Clark had constantly saved people during his childhood, wouldn't the public know about it and he'd be subject to government testing/scrutiny? Jonathan's honestly concerned for his kid... and it's quite realistic to see parents valuing their kids' lives over others. There's obviously more to the scene than Jonathan just answering "Maybe."

It seems like the movie is asking the questions Donner never did. The movie feels more weighty and hopeful, but not dark and gritty like a lot of detractors say it is.

Meh, I dunno. Doesn't really tell you about the plot of the film or what the action scenes will be like.

Are you serious? It's clearly a retelling of the origin story, and there's a LOT of action hinted at in the trailer without revealing all the money shots.

Watched the trailer:

1) This looks interesting.

2) They really seem to be exaggerated the "gritty realism" aspect of the film in the marketing, but I have a feeling (or at least I hope) the film will be a lot more balanced than that.

3) I really don't like the colour drainage and the handheld/shaky" camera approach for what seems to be the big money-maker shots (like Superman looking up into the sky)

Another origin story. Wonderful.

It was a given... weren't you paying attention during production of this movie?

You certainly weren't like this when Amazing Spider-Man came out.

Surprisingly good trailer. The best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't looks very much like a Zach Snyder movie. There are shades of Nolan and even Terrence Malick in there. I remain cautious about the whole thing but this trailer has given me more faith in it.