Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

The Thugghe Chants are only good, at the scene on the Cliff Fight. The rest is not on the CD if Concord has atleast some taste.

Another one who's no John Williams fan!

well fan comes from fanatic, so I am very glad I am not.

You know there is a saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it." :)

I'm gonna guess that since they are going to the trouble of adding more cues to Raiders that this set won't disappoint most of us. I could be completely wrong but they could have easily just re-released the DCC album since it's a good representation of the score.

In fatc there are several threads going on about Williams.

You also have to remember some of us have been here for awhile and have discussed Williams and his music to a point that maybe there's nothing else to add.

I'm suprised the board hasn't been flooded with the "one hit wonders" although I imagine once we get closer to the release this board will get flooded with them.

"One hit wonder" in which genre, might I ask? Because there are so many, it would take William Shatner to direct a special to contain them all.

My attention for the next five days is diverted entirely to a certain little Star Wars game for the Wii. The Indy box will get here when it gets here.

The only way I'll be disappointed in ToD is if the disc is less than capacity. I'm aware the whole score won't fit on one CD, so as long as they max out a single disc I'll be fine with it. I'm sure they'll make the best of the space available.

Indeed.

The complete scores (ToD and LC) are more than 80 minutes so, having a 1 CD release each, we already know we won't have a complete release no matter which tracklists we'll have, so it's better for their remorses if the people working on this release fill every minute available!

Well, how far past 80 minutes can you go on a CD-R if you overburn? I've never tried because the warnings talk about damage to the drive if you try it.

Aww, I don't really care about that warning. I burned CD-Rs up to 85 minutes and they work perfectly, as the drive itself.

I'd gladly give up a disc's artwork if it could get 120-160 minutes of audio onto a single CD if all you had to do was turn it over.

Nope, I prefer double CDs releases. Double side discs looks...fake.

I agree with Padme about the thugee Ceremony music , I don't want it. In fact I hate that cue and always skip it

This surprises me, but I admit I prefer the film version rather than the track it's on the album.

Luke, it won't happen, you know that as well as I do.

The difference is that I accept it.

I also know that it will not happen. Not Volume II CDs.

But a thing like KM said, newly assebled CDs, would still be possible.

You just have to wait. The box-set will be released on November 11, so I think that by the end of January the first bootlegs will pop up. :)

Why are you here?

Because I thought this is a place were one could have some nice and intelligent discussion about Williams' music, but now that I found out it isn't, I somehow can't get out.

No you can't go. It's nice to see Natalie Portman so often. And no Stefan, before you say it, it's not the same if you put that avatar.

I'm suprised the board hasn't been flooded with the "one hit wonders" although I imagine once we get closer to the release this board will get flooded with them.

But it made me come back! Thanks for not considering me one of them! :lol:

Where did someone read an official word about the fact that Indy2 and Indy3 will be ONE CD ?

Seeing what is coming with raiders cd (which I am almost sure will be COMPLETE after having compared track listing with complete cues) I am with tongue in cheek..... :lol:

I am beginning to believe (or maybe it is only a hope?) that at the end of the facts we will only be able to complain that Indy4 won't be complete....

Where did someone read an official word about the fact that Indy2 and Indy3 will be ONE CD ?

Seeing what is coming with raiders cd (which I am almost sure will be COMPLETE after having compared track listing with complete cues) I am with tongue in cheek..... :lol:

I am beginning to believe (or maybe it is only a hope?) that at the end of the facts we will only be able to complain that Indy4 won't be complete....

A announcement a few months back stated the box set would be 4 CD's.

Also the full score for Raiders runs longer then 80 minutes, not much longer, but longer still.

I don't see why people dismiss source music right away. There are many occasions where I find it very enjoyable (Luthor's Luau, Cantina Band, Journey to Akator, Temple of Doom, Victory Celebration, etc).

Oh yes, an announcement of few months ago talked about 4 cds, but we already know there will be more....

And last announcement says that no score will be available separately soon, but we know that raiders will....

I think that that "4cd" announcement (but I would say "rumour") was referring to "4 movies score box" and who was speaking knew only that a box was going to be released about the 4 movie and could only suppose of 4 cds, but anithing official.

I say: thay expand an already expanded score for very few minutes....how can they decide to leave off 50-60 minutse of music from other two movies?could it be becouse it is so impossible to print 2 more cds in the set?

p.s.:A cd audio can contain 82:00 minutes of music....

p.p.s.:what's wrong about writing "indy2" and "Indy3"?

p.p.p.s.:I am not newbie, simply I am an Italian lurker who posts only if he feels he has something interesting to say.

Oh yes, an announcement of few months ago talked about 4 cds, but we already know there will be more....

And last announcement says that no score will be available separately soon, but we know that raiders will....

I think that that "4cd" announcement (but I would say "rumour") was referring to "4 movies score box" and who was speaking knew only that a box was going to be released about the 4 movie and could only suppose of 4 cds, but anithing official.

I say: thay expand an already expanded score for very few minutes....how can they decide to leave off 50-60 minutse of music from other two movies?could it be becouse it is so impossible to print 2 more cds in the set?

p.s.:A cd audio can contain 82:00 minutes of music....

p.p.s.:what's wrong about writing "indy2" and "Indy3"?

p.p.p.s.:I am not newbie, simply I am an Italian lurker who posts only if he feels he has something interesting to say.

OK..the longest single CD I have at home is the "Complete" Mary Poppins SE soundtrack. it has the complete score on one CD and lasts exactly 79:48. this is an extraordinary OST release but even this one omitted one cue, because there was not enough space I have never seen an official Cd that lasted longer than 80 minutes.. have you ?please show me!

Raiders won't be complete, face it! nor will TOD and LC be. I says expanded not complete.

You can of course write Indy 1,2,3,4, but th more professional way would be ROTLA,TOD,TLC,KOTCS or Raiders, Temple, Crusade, Crystal Skull

If you only write when you have something interesting, why did you write now?

Sorry but he really prepared it, hasn't he?

Do not bully the newbies Esther.

That's my job.

I can help you!

You can of course write Indy 1,2,3,4, but th more professional way would be ROTLA,TOD,TLC,KOTCS or Raiders, Temple, Crusade, Crystal Skull

I don't see how that is "more professional" ... ?

It's better than TAOJJBTCRF, isn't it?

No, it isn't, sorry.

OK..the longest single CD I have at home is the "Complete" Mary Poppins SE soundtrack. it has the complete score on one CD and lasts exactly 79:48. this is an extraordinary OST release but even this one omitted one cue, because there was not enough space I have never seen an official Cd that lasted longer than 80 minutes.. have you ?please show me!

http://www.yeodoug.com/publications/procla...oclamation.html

Clarlese was talking about the new Indiana Jones releases. That is far more than you can say for many posts in this thread.

Clarlese had something interesting to say. That is even less common.

Clarlese was talking about the new Indiana Jones releases. That is far more than you can say for many posts in this thread.

Clarlese had something interesting to say. That is even less common.

sounds funny and true actually 8O