Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

No, it isn't, sorry.

Yeah it is. Whenever some does some stupid acronym, you can't always tell what they're talking about. Jesse James is a lot easier to say than TAOJJBTCRF.

OK one last time..

No it isn't

ohh if I continue these attitude I will be banned some day I tell ya..

Yeah it is. Whenever some does some stupid acronym, you can't always tell what they're talking about. Jesse James is a lot easier to say than TAOJJBTCRF.

LOL I didn't think you'd figure out the movie I was talking about.

That Natalie Portman avatar is starting to stare at me in a quite intimidating way 8O

The smartest looking thing is to put the real title in italics.

There's one more post that has nothing to do with the new releases...

yes you are right.. this is making me sick somehow.. I will be back when my Indy Box Set arrives at home..

And there is no Indy 1.. only Raiders of the Lost Ark

If you go Chronologically It has to be Indy1: Temple of Doom, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy 2 Last Crusade,Indy 3= Indy 4: Crystal Skull! :lol:

Ahh yes, forgot to say: Bye 8O see you somewhere in november

Colin, 19 is nothing. I've had to wear bifocals every day since I was six.

Indiana Jones often wore glasses. There; I was afraid I might write a non-Indiana Jones related post.

There is nothing wrong with calling the films Indy1, Indy2, etc. That is precisely how I label the folders on the MP3 discs that I burn for work and for my car, so that the scores don't end up in alphabetical order, a la Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Indiana...Last Crusade, Indiana...Temple of Doom, and finally, Raiders of the Lost Ark. The movies were filmed in precise reverse alphabetical order, so what a wacky order that would be! I suppose I could precede each folder with the year of its release to keep them in order, but that's something I only do with my rock album folders, never my soundtracks. Those get grouped for the most part by composer, except for when film franchises transcend different composers like Star Trek and POTC, or for how my Star Wars folder embraces all of the video game scores aside from just Williams.

Welcome to the club, ciarlese. You'll find we're a vicious crew, but since we're all separated by keyboards and modem cables, the chances of us actually getting physically vicious with each other are diminished slightly.

We're a vicious crew, but since we're all separated by keyboards and modem cables, the chances of us actually getting physically vicious with each other are diminished slightly.

Ima punch ya through the laptop!!!

Hey, careful. Laptops cost money, ya' know.

p.p.p.s.:I am not newbie, simply I am an Italian lurker who posts only if he feels he has something interesting to say.

And you found something interesting to say just 3 times in almost 2 years? You're an empty person!!

And yes, it's wrong to say Indy2 and Indy3, because they're called Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. :lol:

[if you only write when you have something interesting, why did you write now?

8O

p.p.p.s.:I am not newbie, simply I am an Italian lurker who posts only if he feels he has something interesting to say.

And you found something interesting to say just 3 times in almost 2 years? You're an empty person!!

And yes, it's wrong to say Indy2 and Indy3, because they're called Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. :lol:

[if you only write when you have something interesting, why did you write now?

8O

MissPadmé left.

Why are you still here?

I'm afraid the news confused me. The first three scores in the box set will be expanded and (hopefully) complete, but the separate reissues will be the original soundtracks?

This makes no sense. At all. Unless they're going to make the original and expanded soundtracks of RoTLA, TOD and TLC available at the same time. Which makes even less sense.

wait

you guys have been arguing about the titles?

Not much longer.

The first three scores in the box set will be expanded and (hopefully) complete

They CAN'T be complete, they're ONE CD releases!!

Have you ever seen the movies?

They're average 2 hours movies with average 1h40 of music, which are 100 minutes, which are more that 80!

Which part of this simple mathematic operation is hard to understand?

I don't care if Concord confuses us with another press release, as long as TOD is re-released as either an expanded or re-issue I'll snag it anyways. I'm jumping on a preorder ASAP.

That's one Williams score I have to have in my collection.

wait

you guys have been arguing about the titles?

I don't know of a movie called The Titles.

Be thankful that you do not. The film chronicles the partially true events of a man named Steve Rozell (portrayed by Roger Moore) as he (usually unsuccessfully) tries to get an anuulment from his wife (portrayed by Drew Barrymore). It is not that good a film.

I'm wondering about the remastering of Temple Of Doom.

If I'm not mistaken, this was an early digital recording, which I believe were done in 16 bit, 44KHz, just standard CD quality.

Might it be that there is not going to be are real marked difference?

If I'm not mistaken, this was an early digital recording, which I believe were done in 16 bit, 44KHz, just standard CD quality.

Well, for sound quality reference we have the film's sound mix (very dated sounding) and the material from the LEGO video game (nothing amazing). If the LEGO game material is reflective of this set then the sound quality will definitely be inferior to Raiders. The Last Crusade album's sound is also pretty bad, so we'll see if the remastering has been effective.

Oh yes, an announcement of few months ago talked about 4 cds, but we already know there will be more....

And last announcement says that no score will be available separately soon, but we know that raiders will....

I think that that "4cd" announcement (but I would say "rumour") was referring to "4 movies score box" and who was speaking knew only that a box was going to be released about the 4 movie and could only suppose of 4 cds, but anithing official.

I say: thay expand an already expanded score for very few minutes....how can they decide to leave off 50-60 minutse of music from other two movies?could it be becouse it is so impossible to print 2 more cds in the set?

p.s.:A cd audio can contain 82:00 minutes of music....

p.p.s.:what's wrong about writing "indy2" and "Indy3"?

OK..the longest single CD I have at home is the "Complete" Mary Poppins SE soundtrack. it has the complete score on one CD and lasts exactly 79:48. this is an extraordinary OST release but even this one omitted one cue, because there was not enough space I have never seen an official Cd that lasted longer than 80 minutes.. have you ?please show me!

Raiders won't be complete, face it! nor will TOD and LC be. I says expanded not complete.

You can of course write Indy 1,2,3,4, but th more professional way would be ROTLA,TOD,TLC,KOTCS or Raiders, Temple, Crusade, Crystal Skull

If you only write when you have something interesting, why did you write now?

The longest official CD I own is the Tchaikovsky's complete The Nutcracker Ballet CD (Orchestra of the Mariinsky Theatre and Valery Gergiev conducting) runs fantastical 81 minutes. So they can make longer CDs than 80 minutes surely. If they just want to.

Has anything of interest or substance been said in the last 10 pages? I just can't read it anymore.

EDIT- other than Steef's last post, which makes a good point

Just search for post from me, Steef or King Mark (apart other individual posts here and there). Then you'll have the best. :eek:

Temple of Doom was spectacularly recorded by the great Bruce Botnick and I found it one of the best recorded JW score ever. The LP always sounded great, but I always thought that the CD doesn't sound as good, it's too compressed in several spots. Let's hope Concord used the original session tapes for this new release.

Temple of Doom was spectacularly recorded by the great Bruce Botnick and I found it one of the best recorded JW score ever. The LP always sounded great, but I always thought that the CD doesn't sound as good, it's too compressed in several spots. Let's hope Concord used the original session tapes for this new release.

There's almost no bass in it and too much digital highs, as in Philips' 'By Request' recording. I hope the new thing has a bit more ooomph to it!

I found a great difference between German cd and Japanese cd of TOD: Japanese one is definitely more clean and sounds very good, German edition sounds badly (I am talking of original pressed cds, not bootleg or cd-r).