Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

box set with Expanded Raiders ,Expanded ToD and Expanded Last Crusade .

1 c.d. only for each score, and we don't know the amount of previously unreleased music yet

Box set available for preorder at amazon for 59$

No track list for ToD and LC yet

That's about it.

box set with Expanded Raiders ,Expanded ToD and Expanded Last Crusade .

1 c.d. only for each score, and we don't know the amount of previously unreleased music yet

Box set available for preorder at amazon for 59$

No track list for ToD and LC yet

That's about it.

Don't forget the bonus interview disc.

I think (hope!) the expanded editions will be like the 20th Anniversary Edition of E.T. That's not complete either, but fits on one CD. Of course Indy movies have lots more music, but then we get a lot more than we had up until now! That's certainly wonderful news.

I think (hope!) the expanded editions will be like the 20th Anniversary Edition of E.T.

I sure hope the remastering will be better.

I was talking in terms of the quantity of the music on the CD. :rolleyes:

I'm not pre-ordering this until I have a sensible idea of what's going to be on it, i.e. a tracklist.

I know it's all about marketing and waiting until the time is right, but I just don't understand some of these delays in getting info out (unless of course they are still working on the sets, in which case, take as much time as you like!). Surely the earlier you tell people about a product, especially a pricey box set like this, the longer they can plan ahead financially and hence afford it.

Well, thankfully, with with amazon you can cancel your pre-order @ any time (until they are preparing to ship it...which wont be until early-mid november at the earliest)

with a click of a button.

I would buy it anyway since I don't have the earlier releases, so the exact contents have no bearing on my purchase really. :rolleyes:

Very true, I'm getting these despite anything, but I would feel safer with a more updated product page. It's like a film that gets a soundtrack and a score release, but the product pages have no info. Which one is the actual score? What and see, then order.

I think the only release of any sort I've "committed" myself to buying before any sort of solid details, like tracklists, emerge are the LotR CRs. But we knew they were complete and there was much discussion of how it was all composer approved and meticulous.

I'm sure I'll buy this set no matter what, but like Koray, I'll feel safer when we get the full details.

Although given that it's Lucasfilm property, I'll always be quietly aware that another few years down the line they'll (probably/hopefully) get complete releases and we have to buy them all over again.

BTW, for the UK members: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jones-Comp...3146&sr=1-1

I'm buying the box set because I don't have any of the previous Indy scores on CD at all. I also deliberately held out buying KOTCS because I knew this was coming and I didn't want to double dip. This is a perfect opportunity for people like myself to have the previous scores.

I don't think Concord gives a damn about all the bitching that goes on here.

I'm sure they don't. But then we all know that most normal people would recoil in horror at some of the nitpicking in these threads. Concord's just trying to make some money.

I have Last Crusade on CD, decided not to buy KotCS, partly because I only find a few cues engaging, and also because of this set.

Ordered!

I know it's a bit risky, especially since I currently own every Indy soundtrack, but they said expanded, so I know they will have to give me something I've been looking for (even if it's incredibly unsatisfactory). At the very least I'll get the CD interview and the expanded expanded Raiders.

I think (hope!) the expanded editions will be like the 20th Anniversary Edition of E.T.

I sure hope the remastering will be better.

I was talking in terms of the quantity of the music on the CD. ;)

I think you should know that not all of us are people that can find joy in the simple, yet fantastic, news that there will be considerably more Indy music available ;)

In some instances, a lackluster tracklist is enough to piss people off; and when the cover doesn't look good on top of that, chances are there's a JWfan saying "there goes my week", followed by curse words towards <insert company name> (if there's any doubt, use George Lucas) :lol:

It could be worse. They could've announced that the DVDs would have be getting isolated score tracks, then rescind that a few months before release.

That hurt worse than the 8 CD bungle. Although since the LOTR CR's came out anyways, were fantastic, and didn't require having to hack DVD audio tracks apart to get them, it all worked out in the end. So will this.

It could be worse. They could've announced that the DVDs would have be getting isolated score tracks, then rescind that a few months before release.

Just like what was supposed to happen for the first Back To The Future film on DVD when the Trilogy was being announced?

If you were wondering about that I read that the first BTTF movie on DVD was supposed to feature a remastered isolated score but shortly before the release they said there would be no isolated score with the film at all. I think that pissed off quite a few people.

Yeah, I'm just saying that at the very very very least, even if ToD and LC aren't expanded, I will still be getting some new music.

yeah,that's just not good enough,sorry

Here's Temple of Doom (just the expanded stuff):

Side 1 of CD:

1. "The Bridge" (Dialouge Version) 4:56

2. "Stealing the Stones" (DJ Tiesto Remix) 3:23

3. "John Williams discusses the art of scoring Underground Heroics" 31:55

4. Bonus Cue: "The Indian Palace" (Source Music) 1:20

Side 2 will contain screensavers.

I think if they are generous for ToD they will also give us the suite:

Captured/The Cage/Khali Blood Ritual/Indy Possessed

Last Crusade Expanded Tracks:

1-Indy's first Adventure (with sound effects)

2-Iskerendum

3-Der Konigrattzer

4-Into the Catacombs

5-Nazi Stronghold

6-Professor Jones is Shot

We need all this great underscore for when all the characters are standing still ,hiding from something or not really doing anything.

Don't forget the concert version of "The Man in the White Hat's Theme."

I heard if we're lucky, the CDs will also contain dramatized narrations of the book adaptation of the spin-off to the television show Young Indiana Jones, which will include a score by Kevin Kiner, who incorporated some of the themes written by John Debney, who incorporated some of Williams' themes in the Young Indy Series.

Good news! KotCS will also be expanded:

1. "Paramount Logo"

2. "Main Titles"

3. "Fight at the Diner"

4. "Source Music: The Peruvian Institution"

5. "Paramount Logo: Reprise"

6. "The Cast of Indy 4 sing along to a karaoke version of Hound Dog"

Hahahah, some poeple are going crazy here! :pukeface: I have only Indy4 on CD, so I will definitely get the box set. The others I downloaded somewhere... :D

I know it's all about marketing and waiting until the time is right, but I just don't understand some of these delays in getting info out (unless of course they are still working on the sets, in which case, take as much time as you like!). Surely the earlier you tell people about a product, especially a pricey box set like this, the longer they can plan ahead financially and hence afford it.

Maybe Condord doesn't hope to sell every set within a week! :wub:

Ok, so Amazon.com says 5 cds too.

Therefore, this edition won't be complete.

Concord missed an opportunity to make a great release.

We have been waiting 20 years for another uncomplete stuff.

Is it so difficult to make things the good way?

I don't think it's wise to start whining already. Let's see the finished product and then make a judgement. If this release will be the equivalent of the Star Wars Anthology boxset I will be more than happy.

We'll see complete and definitive 2-CD releases of all four scores sometimes in the future, you can bet on it.

That's what I'm worried about. That, because of this set, we won't get a complete scores for the next 20 years. And anything else won't suffice, for me at least. Remember, this is still not quite a Star Wars phenomenon, score-wise. But I'll buy it, certainly.

Karol

I'm sorry for bringing this up, but time is going to prove me right.

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry422605

I'm guessing they'll be releasing expanded scores but not complete, let's say 70 minutes per CD/score.

to which nobody replied, whereas other more delusional speculation in all these months have gotten pages and pages of discussion.

I've said from the start that we'll get the expansions now so that LucasFilm can get us to really shell out when they decide to release complete scores in a couple of years (probably with the release of the inevitable Indy 5).

I'm sorry for bringing this up, but time is going to prove me right.

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry422605

I'm guessing they'll be releasing expanded scores but not complete, let's say 70 minutes per CD/score.

to which nobody replied, whereas other more delusional speculation in all these months have gotten pages and pages of discussion.

None believes to the real prophets thesedays...

Chris- who is still happy about the upcoming expanded releases and doesn't care about the complete ones that much.

I'm surprised a certain someone hasn't given us a (fake) tracklist with timings by now. :pukeface:

I (We) did that for KOTCS because some people were just getting plain silly with their worries, when it was already apparent that Concord was a major label and the thought that we would receive a 30-40 minute disc with source cues was ridiculous.

This release is too important to be pulling pranks with because most of us have been waiting for a complete/expanded release for 20 years.

I don't think it's wise to start whining already. Let's see the finished product and then make a judgement. If this release will be the equivalent of the Star Wars Anthology boxset I will be more than happy.

We'll see complete and definitive 2-CD releases of all four scores sometimes in the future, you can bet on it.

I agree. After all of these years, I'm thrilled that there's going to be an expanded ToD, let alone a complete one.

And look on the bright side, they're not going to pull a Peter Jacksonish move and release a boxset that's disgustingly expensive.