Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

And look on the bright side, they're not going to pull a Peter Jacksonish move and release a boxset that's disgustingly expensive.

Huh? They're charging $60 for a 4-disc set. For roughly the same price, you can get one of the LOTR sets which also include a DVD-A version in addition to the CDs.

Don't forget the last 2 LOTR sets were originally listed for $75.00 before they were released. The prices eventually came down. I got both of mine for under $60.00 each.

Barnes and Noble has it listed for $47.99 and has it at 4 discs as well.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Indiana-Jo...72310001/?itm=3

Speaking of the C.R.'s for LOTR, I still need to pick up FOTR and TTT. I was gonna grab them in November but since this Indy box set is coming out and is limited that takes priority. Well at least I can still buy them in January. I gotta complete that collection. Also if Barnes and Noble lists it as that price then I'm sure the Amazon price will drop too just before the release date.

I'm with KM about the LC boot. Last thing I really want to to is go filling in the gaps with those craptastic sounding cues. Hopefully if they're chosen well, we won't feel the need to.

Of course I'm with both of you...

By the way, it's weird that nobody, in all these years, has been able to fix somehow those bootlegs tracks.

This is really old news but I thought it might be relevant to the subject of the box's price. No guarantee this is going to happen with the set though.

As King Mark said (and I agree with him) I don't think that the KotCS CD will affect the box-set's price. They might be selling it at 5 bucks (or euros...) while I think that ToD and LC (that are the two most wanted expansions) will be like 20 bucks (like they was sold individually).

Wouldn't it be funny if they put about 10 minutes on each disc of TOD & LC of Williams talking?

No! <_<

Plus I imagine the box itself might be a reason for the price.

Indeed, I hope for that!

Also, we already discussed the possible price. Check out this post of mine. I think it's a reasonable thought.

Why are we worrying, really?

Basically 1) because the Indiana Jones' music has never get the proper deserved treatment, and 2) because this is a message board, it's normal that people are worrying about anything. :P

But I'm not really worried, a part the fear of not getting full 80 minutes CDs of ToD and LC. I just want the more music as possible, the more unreleased music as we can get.

box set with Expanded Raiders ,Expanded ToD and Expanded Last Crusade .

1 c.d. only for each score, and we don't know the amount of previously unreleased music yet

Box set available for preorder at amazon for 59$

No track list for ToD and LC yet

That's about it.

Nice summary, but I warmly suggest to sit back, relax, and enjoy expecially King Mark's posts, about how the world is going to end if the Temple of Doom CD is going to be only 76 minutes long. :lol:

It was already released? I wasn't aware of that.

Karol

Well, about time man...welcome to 13 years after 1995. :o

I'm buying the box set because I don't have any of the previous Indy scores on CD at all.

Why you don't have the other scores on CD? You're older than me!! How can you call yourself a John Williams fan!

Thish ish intolerable!!

We'll see complete and definitive 2-CD releases of all four scores sometimes in the future, you can bet on it.

It would be cool, but I won't bet on it. This ain't Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. :(

Which is bad, because I honestly think that Star Wars and Indiana Jones are, in John Williams whole career, the two products that showed JW's talent at the best. That's why it's a shame that Indy's music has never got a serious treatment (I mean, no Anthology, no 2 CDs Anniversary releases as Star Wars, etc...). Indy has the more variety and the more different memorable themes that any other JW scores has never has. Every action cue, love theme, characters theme, villain theme, funny cue and so on is memorable.

I want everything!!!

By the way, it's weird that nobody, in all these years, has been able to fix somehow those bootlegs tracks.

I actually played around with mine a few years ago. I can't quite remember what I did. One thing I did do was I split The Belly Of The Steel beast OST track - I cut it at the 2:26 mark, added a second of fade out to it, right into the Tank Fight/pen is mightier then the sword track, then just resumed the rest of the Belly track. It's almost the complete Tank Chase sequence. I even played with the sound, giving it some clarity. But I think I adjusted the volume a bit too high. It sounds like an old record played about a hundred times, but some spots are clear, you can hear the pings in the music clearly, like the part where indy is riding the horse while shooting the tank, then riding up beside it, then leaping onto the tank. If I hadn't F-ed with the volume it'd sound OK. <_<

I'm with KM about the LC boot. Last thing I really want to to is go filling in the gaps with those craptastic sounding cues. Hopefully if they're chosen well, we won't feel the need to.

What?

Huh? They're charging $60 for a 4-disc set. For roughly the same price, you can get one of the LOTR sets which also include a DVD-A version in addition to the CDs.

It looks like 5 discs to me.

Number of Discs: 5

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Soundt.../dp/B001G562ZU/

What?

What is not clear to you? The guy before you understood my thought... :lol:

all right,I' ve pre ordered with Amazon

do they charge your credit now or when they ship?

When they ship.

Bryant is correct Amazon charges your card only when the item is ready to ship not before. They're not like BSX.

Amazon.co.uk is trying to charge us Brits £43. I was willing to shell out that for LotR, but I need more reassurance for this one.

Amazon.co.uk can be expensive, but I got my complete League of Gentlemen DVD box set from them for 14.99 sterling! That's way cheaper than they're charging on Amazon.com.

Anyway, $47.99 for the 5-disc expanded Indy scores? Hell yeah! Ordered.

Also nice to see is that it's number 275 in Amazon's music sales charts. Not bad at all for a soundtrack box set that is only available on pre-order.

I actually canceled my pre-order for the Indy set and pre-ordered it again with the cheaper price. :lol: I wasn't sure if they were gonna charge my card for that amount (plus the one day shipping) or not decided not to take a chance.

I actually canceled my pre-order for the Indy set and pre-ordered it again with the cheaper price. :lol: I wasn't sure if they were gonna charge my card for that amount (plus the one day shipping) or not decided not to take a chance.
I'm ordering when the price goes down, plus I'm about to earn another $25 Amazon gift card from my rewards VISA. I'll wait until then, hopefully I won't be paying more than $20 for this.

Go ahead and wait for your gift card, but I'd go ahead and pre-order once you get that. I regularly order Doctor Who DVDs from Amazon, and if the price drops between when I pre-order and when it ships, they only charge me the lower price. I would imagine it's the same for any pre-order.

I did re-listen to the unreleased bootleg cues. The ones in my joke post are the only one they can drop really.

K.M.Not sure how they can pull off a decent 1 c.d. expanded Last Crusade

there's these little moments

In Ransacked House when they look at the picture of the grail on the wall

In Biplane Escape when they realize the Zeppelin is turning around

Escape from the Truck has that great unused version of the Keeping up with the Joneses theme

some how I don't think we'll get these cues

Have pre-ordered this, though considering the current echange rate between the £ and the $ I'm a little miffed at the price that Amazon.co.uk is charging....it should be £30 at the most...

Yep,it's too bad that we'll still have to basically listen to a somewhat improved bootleg. Say what you will about the TPM ULtimate Edition ,at least we got enough music out of it to make an almost complete score.

I did re-listen to the unreleased bootleg cues. The ones in my joke post are the only one they can drop really.

K.M.Not sure how they can pull off a decent 1 c.d. expanded Last Crusade

Maybe they will only include the unrealeased cues? :lol: But no, that's not gonna happen. ;) Hopefully they will include all the good unrelease cues.

That is my only hope now,that they actually dropped cues from the old release and put all the unreleased ones. I highly doubt it but it's possible .

I think they might drop some of the boring tracks (like X Marks the Spot and Brother). Also they might drop the End Credits, those are just concert versions anyway...

I think that's probable... they won't just release the OS the way it is, with 3 bonus tracks tacked on, wouldn't they? I hope NOT!

That is my only hope now,that they actually dropped cues from the old release and put all the unreleased ones. I highly doubt it but it's possible .

Here are things that can easily be dropped in favor of unreleased stuff, while still retaining much of the OST:

Keeping Up With The Joneses

No Ticket

Scherzo and Grail Theme end credit reprisals

Removing these will buy some much needed time for additional unreleased stuff.

But we already have it

My hopes stem from the fact that Raiders is entirely re-sequenced and not based on the OST and DCC classic tracks ,and that they put "bad dates" on there even if's a totally useless cue

Here are things that can easily be dropped in favor of unreleased stuff, while still retaining much of the OST:

Keeping Up With The Joneses

No Ticket

Scherzo and Grail Theme end credit reprisals

Removing these will buy some much needed time for additional unreleased stuff.

No, I love Keep Up With The Joneses! They can drop No Ticket, The Keeper Of The Grail, and Belly Of The Steel Beast!

Hahah. Just kidding about Belly. Hope they'll release the complete version of that! :lol:

I think they might drop some of the boring tracks (like X Marks the Spot

Fantastic cue, I'd be miffed if that was missing!

What else could we spare?

No, I love Keep Up With The Joneses! They can drop No Ticket, The Keeper Of The Grail, and Belly Of The Steel Beast!

Hahah. Just kidding about Belly. Hope they'll release the complete version of that! :lol:

The completist in me would like to see everything dropped in favor of new music, but we all know that isn't happening. Realistically, LC is going to include a healthy dose of already released tracks. No Ticket has always been my least favorite cue from the OST. Keeping Up With The Joneses does not appear in the movie, so if they are going for a score as heard in the film experience then this should go. I really like the Grail theme as heard in Keeper of the Grail, so that's a... well, a keeper!

Generally, with any re-release omitting previously released music will result in complaints.

That's nothing compared to the wrath of king mark.

In case of Temple, they can drop Anything Goes! Instead they should include all the exciting John Williams action music! :lol:

I personally wouldn't mind if they did this, but it really does belong on there. There's no other opening track to take its place.

Wow, I just cannot seem to write a sentence to put across the point I want to make...

The previously released cues that they're gonna put on this set... in terms of the remastering... think they'll actually be noticeably "improved" from the original CD releases? If so, how much? And based on that, does their remastering make their inclusion (at the cost of unreleased cues we won't be getting in this set) at least tolerable? Assuming that we're not gonna get every single unreleased cue, is it OK that we're getting previously released cues remastered?

Not sure why that was so hard for me to write. My brain must be tired, sorry. Trying to learn calculus at age 35 ain't easy.

Here is what Concord Customer service just replied to my e-mail asking about number of cds and track listing about the box-set:

We appreciate your interest in Concord Music Group. There will

be 4 CD's available in the box set mentioned. The actual track listing

is not available at this time but there are extended versions as well as

never before released tracks as well. If you have any additional

questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your

convenience.

Regards,

Brandi

CMG Customer Service