John Willams Documentary

booboobasher

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the BBC documentary?

If so a link has already been posted on this board.

Yes, it's the BBC documentary

The links posted previously went dead ages ago, and were hard to find here anyway.

Yeah, it's been around for ages. Outstanding documentary though.

I have a proper rip on my computer (don't have the first clue where or when I got it), and I think I said I'd upload it for someone a long time ago, but I had trouble finding somewhere to upload a file as big. However, I think Megaupload now has a 1GB limit, so if there's demand I'll give it another bash.

I have a proper rip on my computer (don't have the first clue where or when I got it), and I think I said I'd upload it for someone a long time ago, but I had trouble finding somewhere to upload a file as big. However, I think Megaupload now has a 1GB limit, so if there's demand I'll give it another bash.

Yes, of course! Please do!!

I think Megaupload now has a 1GB limit, so if there's demand I'll give it another bash.

They do indeed.....please feel free to pop me a PM with a link on it if you so choose!!

Greg - who has a rip but not a particularly good one and is sure there are better out there...

I think Megaupload now has a 1GB limit, so if there's demand I'll give it another bash.

They do indeed.....please feel free to pop me a PM with a link on it if you so choose!!

Greg - who has a rip but not a particularly good one and is sure there are better out there...

When I downloaded my copy last year it was posted in two halves. Neither half would play by itself as it was an incomplete file, but when you downloaded both files you had the whole thing. I burned it to a CD-Rom and it plays fine on my DVD-Player as a movie file. The picture quality is surprisingly good (despite the first 5 seconds looking very poor!)

This might be the same as yours Greg - this is a VHS rip and the window size is about 500 x 400, sound is good though, picture is just a little fuzzy and wobbly sometimes. And it's in one big piece.

I'm uploading it as I type. I'd love to just paste the link here but I'm sure Marc would have something to say about that.

• 11 months later...

I'd love to get my hands on that, richuk, if you get a chance. :) It's a great documentary...I'm not sure which is more exciting: seeing the process of composing the music I've come to love at the piano, or seeing the process of actually recording it with the orchestra.