What previously unreleased track are you most eagerly awaiting from the Indy Box?

King Mark

Most eagerly awaited track from the Indy box Set  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you look forward to the most?

• Washington Men/Indy's Home (Raiders)
    • Indy Negociates (ToD)
    • Map/Out of Fuel (ToD)
    • The Scroll/To Pankot Palace (ToD)
    • Approaching the Stones (toD)
    • Short Round Helps (ToD)
    • Broken Bridge/British Relief(ToD)
    • Return to the Village/Raiders March(ToD
    • Indy's Very First Adventure(LC)
    • The Boat Scene (LC)
    • On the Tank (LC)
    • Wrong Choice/Right Choice(LC)
    • other

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting poll.

MY choice is Wrong Choice/Right Choice(LC).

Although Washington Men/Indy's Home (Raiders), The Scroll/To Pankot Palace (ToD), Approaching the Stones (toD), On the Tank (LC) and The Boat Scene (LC) are nothing short of Holy Grails. Oh, and Alarm!, of couse, it should also be on the poll.

This is something Josh500 would do.

I've never heard any unreleased music from IJ. Why? Well maybe because it's unreleased.

Never saw the movies?

For me it's probably a tossup between "Return to the Village/End Credits" and "Wrong Choice, Right Choice," although the whole set is loaded with stuff I can't wait to hear.

I chose Broken Bridge/British Relief.

For me, that British fanfare has become a stable in my head whenever I see something about India and the British's effect on the country. As a history major/POLS minor, I've had quite my share of India and thus I often hum that little fanfare to myself whenever the opportunity arises (which is far too many to count). In a close second would be a tie between The Portuguese Coast and Alarm!, as both have been some of my favorite pieces of music from The Last Crusade (which is probably my favorite Indy album).

This is something Josh500 would do.

I've never heard any unreleased music from IJ. Why? Well maybe because it's unreleased.

Never saw the movies?

I have, but I don't pay extreme attention to the music. I let it flow with the movie and do it's job. I also haven't seen them enough times to distinguish what's been released or not, considering I've never listened to TOD on it's own.

Oh, I know you have, I was just being a wise guy. I see most of that, but usually music of this nature, mixed this well, just stands out naturally for enjoyment. This is not to say that it distracts from the film, but I guess I'm just more aware of the music while still being focused on the film as a whole.

KM beat me to it, I was going to do this poll as well.

I'll second Henry's "any of them", but if I must choose it would be the complete Indy's First Adventure. My love for that cue is well known.

Very tough call, but I'm gonna say "Return to the Village/Raiders March". But if I had to pick just one... I'd have to hear them all and give it some more thought. Fortunately though, I don't! I'll get to hear them all in just over a month! :cool:

I never listened to any of the scores outside of their respective films, so I will say "ALL OF THEM". By the way, I cannot find a motiv for the Nazis in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Where in the film can this supposed theme be heard?

Oh, that trumpet fanfare ( A,A,A F#)? Is that not also used in "Airplane Fight"?

EDIT: Sorry, Herr Crichton, I did not see your post. I also seem to recall hearing the theme when Belloq is in the German Submarine.

I want to see how much the Return to the Village/Raiders March is important .some people seemed to dismiss it last week as something non essential

I want to see how much the Return to the Village/Raiders March is important .some people seemed to dismiss it last week as something non essential

Honestly I've never understood all the love for it. It's just a standard presentation of the Raiders March, and the Short Round's theme counterpoint never really wowed me. There are much, much better unreleased cues that we're getting.

i think it the whole arrangement is amazing. From the amazing Indy climbs back from the bridge intro to the perfect segue into the Raiders March to the segue into the Slave Children theme then the best arrangement of Willie's theme (not the same as album End Credits at the end) ,then the upbeat shift in pitch of the Raiders march and then the short round counterpoint

EDIT: You are really starting to irritate me, Herr Crichton.

Your slow connection or typing speed or both is not my concern.

Map/Out of Fuel is probably the ToD cue I'm most looking forward to. That's an amazing arrangement of both the Raiders March and Willie's theme.

i think it the whole arrangement is amazing. From the amazing Indy climbs back from the bridge intro to the perfect segue into the Raiders March to the segue into the Slave Children theme then the best arrangement of Willie's theme (not the same as album End Credits at the end) ,the the shift in pitch of the Raiders march and then the short round counterpoint

It gave me chills when I was watching the film last week.

My new apprentice

I don't pay extreme attention to the music. I let it flow with the movie and do it's job. I also haven't seen them enough times to distinguish what's been released or not, considering I've never listened to TOD on it's own.

I was starting to give up on Koray

Honestly I've never understood all the love for it. It's just a standard presentation of the Raiders March, and the Short Round's theme counterpoint never really wowed me. There are much, much better unreleased cues that we're getting.

If I recall, the film version of the Raiders March/Shorty's Theme combination is different than the album version. Not just a different arrangment, but an entire different idea. I couldn't hum it for you now, but I remember that from watching the film.

I'm not as familiar as most here with either the movies or the scores, but i would appreciate any expansion of those great grail/knight melodies in 'Last Crusade' for which i would gladly trade away any 'No Ticket'-like cues.

From 'Temple of Doom', i guess it's everything with 'Parade of the Slave Children' in it, especially those moodier cues in the village and the whole finale in the mine and on the bridge.

The cruel irony has it that i'm absolutely not interested in interpolations of the 'Raider's March'. I'm just tired of hearing the tune and whenever it comes up in a cue, i want to remove it with a scissor. That's the downside of popular culture, i guess....

The cruel irony has it that i'm absolutely not interested in interpolations of the 'Raider's March'. I'm just tired of hearing the tune and whenever it comes up in a cue, i want to remove it with a scissor. That's the downside of popular culture, i guess....

:remybussi:

After 25 years of praying those classic scores are released that's the best you can come up with? You can always load up cues like Desert Chase in an audio editor and remove the Raider's March statements whenever they annoyingly pop up.

The cruel irony has it that i'm absolutely not interested in interpolations of the 'Raider's March'. I'm just tired of hearing the tune and whenever it comes up in a cue, i want to remove it with a scissor.

How does someone like you end up a John Williams fan?

The cruel irony has it that i'm absolutely not interested in interpolations of the 'Raider's March'. I'm just tired of hearing the tune and whenever it comes up in a cue, i want to remove it with a scissor.

The very same question applies to someone who can ignore the music in a film if he just likes the art direction...

:remybussi:

I...am at a loss of words on this.

You certainly also get all wet and giddy when the 'Star Wars' main title comes up.

Maybe I should let you explain more, because I really don't see what angle your coming from.

The very same question applies to someone who can ignore the music in a film if he just likes the art direction...

You don't know how to read any better than Alex does.

What I said in that other thread was that if a movie's other elements -- and I then proceeded to list a bunch of those elements, (including acting and dialogue and cinematogrpahy and editing) not merely art direction -- are sufficiently well-achieved, then the score to a movie can be irrelevant. I didn't say that it was always irrelevant; I merely said that it can be.

But like several other people on this board, you only see what you want to see. Is this actually because you're so self-obsessed that you can only keep your own thoughts in mind, and cannot quite manage to interpret the thoughts of others; or do you merely skim words on a page and fail to absorb what they're actually saying, like smelling a meal as opposed to consuming it?

For the record, somebody who thinks that the score is a more important element than the screenplay, acting, and camerawork put together is not somebody whose critical opinon on movies is worth a wet fart. It might make you more qualified as a music critic, I don't know; but it shows a remarkable lack of understanding on the subject of film. I can't say for sure that this assessment applies to you, but I've got my suspicioins.

And I stand by my assertion that someone who has gotten so tired of the Raiders March -- and, apparently, the Main Theme to Star Wars -- that he'd like to never hear it again is someone whose presence on a John Williams fan site is a little bemusing.

Well I am waiting a whole bunch of cues from ToD and TLC especially but the one I am most been waiting for these years is the Wrong Choice/Right Choice aka The Wrong Chalice/Papa Jones Healed.

Also the cool cue from ToD The Scroll/To Pankot Palace is up on my list. I love the Sankara stone motif and the Pankot Palace theme and that great exotic percussion work.

So far Wrong Choice /Right Choice is winning ,but oddly it's been relegated to disk 5

Well I guess Bouzereau wanted to compile a balanced disc with not too much emphasis on the cues of the final 3rd of the film. But the main thing is that it is on the set!