Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Back to the future trilogy, only 11.20 pounds!!

Weight has nothing to do with it!

Ok, i was just thinking for a moment what you meant, but don't we call the English currency, British pound?

According to some poeple that bought it, the Dracula (1979) japanese Bluray has excellent quality! (though it's the desaturated version) (I'm not sure which i've seen)

Also it contains an isolated score track by Williams!

just kidding!

:biglaugh: Got you, didn't I?

Though they have left a typo on the cover!! :mrgreen:

814nEGQitJL_AA1500__zps726649b9.jpg

Nah. Just stream it. Not the kind of show you need on your shelf or will want to watch over and over again for the rest of your life. Worth seeing once.

Amazon's Gold Box today is Deadwood. $48 on DVD and $58 on blu. Worth it?

A very good, unique show but due to heavy dialog not so easy to follow. It looks amazing too. Deadwood is the show that introduced me to the new wave of American TV shows. I have it on DVD. I saw the Blu-ray of S1 in the shop but 40 Euros is a little steep.

From The Language Of Deadwood, Mamet and Whedon:

Whenever people talk about Deadwood they talk about the show’s dialogue, and no surprise : the baroque syntax, the casual juxtaposition of ’shocking’ profanity and a kind of Victorian eloquence, the emotional heft of even the most compact exchanges, all sum to arguably the most distinctive dialogue style in TV history, an art of speech uniquely American and weirdly untheatrical.

According to some poeple that bought it, the Dracula (1979) japanese Bluray has excellent quality! (though it's the desaturated version) (I'm not sure which i've seen)

Also it contains an isolated score track by Williams!

just kidding!

:biglaugh: Got you, didn't I?

Though they have left a typo on the cover!! :mrgreen:

814nEGQitJL_AA1500__zps726649b9.jpg

Apparently, it's in the same ratio as the R2 DVD - 1.78:1, which is stupid, because it was filmed in 2.35:1.

The posters in the quote talked about the US (Region 1) DVD.

So, the Bluray is like that. In 2.35:1.

I didn't question your statement that the R2 DVD is in 1.78:1.

When i said "that's an error", i was referring to the Bluray.

(I thought you had seen a product description of the Bluray, and it said that it is in 1.78:1)

Wish a company like Shout Factory would get ahold of that one and show it some much needed love, with some extra features, and most importantly, the saturation of the color restored.

(I thought you had seen a product description of the Bluray, and it said that it is in 1.78:1)

Appologies, etc. Oddly enough, I just went to Amazon, where I saw a foriegn (Spanish, I think) DVD of "Dracula" that is listed as being presented in 16x9 2.35:1.

Work that one out!

Appologies, etc.

No worries! :)

while I usually like original posters used as Blu ray covers but I am quite pleased with the new Halloween 35th Anniversary edition.

of course it's a digibook so that's a bonus.

love the 3D feel of the cover.

54082_large.jpg

Was never a fan of Halloween, or Friday 13th. In fact I don't like any slasher pics apart from Texas Chainsaw, Switchblade Romance and Predator.

Texas chainsaw massacre isn't nearly the film that Halloween is.

Predator isn't a slasher film

53440_large.jpg

Amazon Bluray deal of the week: $25.99

Amazon Exclusive / DigiPack / With Book |

Beetlejuice / Batman / Mars Attacks! / Batman Returns / Pee-Wee's Big Adventure / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

I contemplated that one. I'm only interested in owning Beetlejuice and Corpse Bride, but those two separately would be about $20 anyway.

The Deal Of The Day is the Hitchcock box set, but it's only like $10 cheaper than usual. I'll hold out for Black Friday.

The Deal Of The Day is the Hitchcock box set, but it's only like $10 cheaper than usual. I'll hold out for Black Friday.

Oh, just saw it!!

I wish i had money right now! I want it!

And it's the cheapest it has been ever.

I bought myself the Panasonic 65" VT60 plasma TV. To be delivered on Saturday. Can't wait to rid myself of that god awful LG LED/LCD that I bought last year and watch BDs with near perfect black levels and decent contrast.

The John Williams scored film The Killers, is coming in Bluray from Arrow, in a New high definition digital transfer .

83859_large.jpg

I wonder if it'll have an isolated score track like the DVD (and like the Fury Bluray from the same company)