Upcoming Films

Quintus

2020? Yikes! 

And this info comes right after I just watched Ford in his prime, in Witness. 

Btw it was a rather disappointing film which time hasn't been kind to, but still well worth watching as a curiosity.

Quintus - wonders now if Presumed Innocent might have aged the better of the two.  

It's probably awful. It was always cheesy entertainment though, even when it first came out. I'd watch it now and probably still quite enjoy it exactly for those reasons. 

26 minutes ago, Quintus said:

2020? Yikes! 

And this info comes right after I just watched Ford in his prime, in Witness. 

Btw it was a rather disappointing film which time hasn't been kind to, but still well worth watching as a curiosity.

Quintus - wonders now if Presumed Innocent might have aged the better of the two.  

Try The Mosquito Coast.

I love Witness, btw, though mainly for Kelly McGillis and her perfect rack.

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I just wanted to point out the utter ridiculousness that is Disney's next 2 years of releases.

They have THREE live-action/CGI remakes of animated classics planned for just 2019. Also, 11 direct sequels.

DEyzmMNUwAAMogr.jpg

They still haven't given a title to that Han Solo movie eh?

Michael Shannon, Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, and Michael Stuhlbarg in a Guillermo del Toro movie?  Sign me up.  Great cast.  Weird looking movie (in a good way)

On 13/7/2017 at 8:29 AM, crocodile said:

That is why I still can't stand The Matrix. There is no way this system would run as smoothly as it did on Windows 98.

Karol

File under: Neat!

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS: HOW KENNETH BRANAGH RECREATED THE LEGENDARY TRAIN AND REIMAGINED THE AGATHA CHRISTIE CLASSIC

Branagh shot the film on 65mm, using the last four 65mm Panavision cameras in the world, so the definition and depth offered by 65mm helped enhance both the claustrophobic atmosphere and epic scope the director wanted to achieve.

That's interesting. I always thought that the 65mm format did not have very good depth of field. I remember Mikael Solamon talking about it, when he was shooting F+A...unless Branagh is speaking some other sort of depth....

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

That's interesting. I always thought that the 65mm format did not have very good depth of field. I remember Mikael Salamon talking about it, when he was shooting F+A...unless Branagh is speaking some other sort of depth....

Richard, how can film itself have a depth of field?

52 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Richard, how can film itself have a depth of field?

Of course it does. Film has an apparent depth, doesn't it?

Steef's right:

40 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It's all about the lenses!

...unless he means to use 65mm to illustrate claustrophobia, which would be good, but hardly new.

Look how Mendes uses 35 anamorphic in AMERICAN BEAUTY to illustrate loneliness and isolation.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:10 PM, Jay said:

Definitely one of the hottest actresses working today

I'd rather have Kate Upton than the flat chested one. 

2 minutes ago, RPurton said:

Daddario and Upton are both of equal voluptuousness, no?

A post I never thought I'd have to make :)

I was going to make a blind joke about this but I can't remember if Woj was the blind man on the forum.

Just now, Sally Spectra said:

I was going to make a blind joke about this but I can't remember if Woj was the blind man on the forum.

There's a blind member?