Upcoming Films

Quintus

Noah was Aronofsky's overambitious blank check movie where he finally gets a big budget and stumbles because it's just "too much."  Every great director should have one of those in their filmography!

19 minutes ago, Richard said:

...or his HEAVEN'S GATE.

Today Heaven's Gate is deemed a 'misunderstood masterpiece' so maybe in ten years Noah will also be called a masterpiece. If that's the case, every movie Aronofsky has made will be a genuine and absolute "masterpiece". That's right! While every other director might be lucky to have made one masterpiece, Aronofsky will be known as the director who only made masterpieces. 

Alex

11 hours ago, Quintus said:

Credit to her, she was very good in Winter's Bone, but I did not like the film much. The original Hunger Games movie and X-Men are the only other things I've seen Lawrence in. Is she really overrated though? I don't know, she's a movie star.

The Hunger Games films are just Hollywood fluff but I thought she was great in Silver Linings Playbook. Call me a fan. American Hustle was a subpar film but it had good elements. 

38 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

She's effective in the first Hunger Games film.

And only the first! Let's be clear on that!

38 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Havent seen her in anything else I think.

She did a sci-fi though ...

jennifer-lawrence-passengers-entity-1320

On 8/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, Koray Savas said:

The Hunger Games films are just Hollywood fluff but I thought she was great in Silver Linings Playbook. Call me a fan. American Hustle was a subpar film but it had good elements. 

I also thought she was very good in Joy, despite that film being a "mess". 

It's amazing how annoying (almost unwatchable) Lawrence gets in the Hunger Games sequels. If this is how she will play Newt then they don't have to bother.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

It's amazing how annoying (almost unwatchable) Lawrence gets in the Hunger Games sequels. If this is how she will play Newt then they don't have to bother.

You fake news bastard! I just did a Google search to see if she was in talks to play Newt and it hasn't been reported for over a year.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Agreed. The best thing about AMERICAN HUSTLE was Jeremy Renner's hair.

Hilarious... or is that hairlarious?! :lol:

The fake looking '70s is a problem, IMO.

No, this is the best thing of American Hustle Richard:

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

You fake news bastard! I just did a Google search to see if she was in talks to play Newt and it hasn't been reported for over a year.

Hehehehehehehe!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

His filmmaking was never really structured to begin with.

There was structure to Days of Heaven. There was structure in The Thin Red Line. Those were films with an intrinsic narrative arc, where Malick's sensibilities were anchored by the context of plot.

I'm looking forward to this new film. Could be his "comeback".

I mean, all of his films are made in the editing room, so to speak. Adrien Brody was filmed to be the protagonist in Thin Red Line, but in the final cut he doesn't even have any lines. So whatever narrative arc that was there must have been extremely loose. 

• 2 weeks later...

God this looks great.  What a cool cast.

And holy mess, Tomas Alfredson's first film since Tinker Tailor is finally coming out.  Can't wait.  So glad to be going to the season of good movies.

54 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

God this looks great.  What a cool cast.

And holy mess, Tomas Alfredson's first film since Tinker Tailor is finally coming out.  Can't wait.  So glad to be going to the season of good movies.

Love Greta Gerwig. Have you seen Frances Ha and Mistress America?

The Snowman looks like a good thriller. Weird mix of Zodiac and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.