Upcoming Films

Quintus

10 hours ago, Woj said:

I'd rather have Kate Upton than the flat chested one. 

Wait, who are you referring to?  I was talking about Alexandria Daddario, who is not flat chested.

I didn't actually watch the trailer.  I just saw her in True Detective, New Girl, and The Last Man on Earth and became a fan.

Kate Upton is, of course, hot as well.

Do you prefer a more generically beautiful looking woman, Woj? Nicole Scherzinger for example is a very attractive woman in the blandest sense. Her face is perfectly symmetrical and her features are immaculately proportioned. I don't particularly fancy her, personally. Daddario's eyes though, well for me they are what makes her stand out. They are a striking facial feature. The same goes for Scarlett Johansson and her big cartoony ski slope nose. Exquisite.

10 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Nicole Scherzinger for example is a very attractive woman in the blandest sense. Her face is perfectly symmetrical and her features are immaculately proportioned. I don't particularly fancy her,

So it's not just me?

2 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Daddario and Johansson are both characteristic beauties, and I'd like them to put cigarettes out on my chest. 

Together?

45 minutes ago, Woj said:

I've never seen anything she's in. 

Google "Alexandria Daddario True Detective" sometime when you're not at work and you're wife isn't looking at what you're doing :)

Catalogue and index film music?  What do you mean?

I don't even know how many film score CDs I own, they're just all on a shelf.  I maintain no records of what's on the shelf. I'd have to search through my email history or something to make a list.

Oh yea, it can def be helpful to know what's what on a specialty label release vs the OST

28 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

If you are referring to the noob posting about me on FSM, to be honest the only thing that stung was Jason's remark that i'm "Just some guys who posts a lot" .

Fuck Jason!

Link? I like a good FSM shitstorm from time to time. 

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Here is the FSM thread: https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=120818&forumID=1&archive=0

For a little bit of context, read the posts here, starting with this one:

I need to read the JW forum more often!

Miguel Andrade and Maurizio are the serious ones here, Steef. Thor knows I'm not all that serious.  Right, Thor? Thor?!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing people here have already seen this in some other thread? I couldn't find it.

Weird and quite jarring to see modern trailer sensibilities applied to a film made in a totally different era and with a very different visual aesthetic to what is around today. Anybody actually think this works?

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

I'm guessing people here have already seen this in some other thread? I couldn't find it.

Weird and quite jarring to see modern trailer sensibilities applied to a film made in a totally different era and with a very different visual aesthetic to what is around today. Anybody actually think this works?

"Works"? In the context of what the film was, in 1977, probably not, but what CE3K had, in 1977, in terms of publicity (a long, interview-esque trailer) would not work for a 2017 audience.

Also, how is a film that so many people know and love, repackaged for a modern audience?

I have issues with the trailer (the Zimmer-like music; the frankly tacky sound-effects that accompany the UFOs), but, if this all helps to introduce people to one, among the most incredible motion-picture experiences ever, than I can't really diss it.

I'm champing at the bit!

I can't remember if I've actually watched my copy yet. I only got around to watching my blu of Jaws a few weeks ago, after it has been on the shelf for a couple of years.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Close-Encounters-of-the-Third-Kind-Blu-ray/529/

Seems to be great.

Older Spielberg films are never "cleaned up" for Blu-ray. They always retain that classic "filmic" look. I think most collectors appreciate that. They look of their time but in a good way.

Karol - who actually watched Close Encounters the other week for the first time this way