Christian Bale is an a$$*ole

Koray Savas

Why is this suddenly an ego thing? Christian is certainly a very intense actor, and puts everything into his performance, even for a film like Terminator. When that is disrupted, it's a natural thing for someone to be angry, and when you're that intensely into your work, it's going to be extreme, especially when it's a very emotional scene as it apparently was.

Add this to a story that has never been explained, but was put into immediate sensationalism by the media ("Batman beats up family") and people start to get an image of Christian being like an egomaniac idiot like Crowe, which doesn't make sense just looking at these two incidents and the actor himself. Although I think if Bruce Willis had done it, a lot of people would have been supporting him.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is one of the biggest non issues and a waste of space on the message board. Sure it's good for a few laughs.

If you do some searching on the internet you will find some other classic actor blowups. It probably happens more often than we realize.

Knowing how mad I can get I probably would have done something similar.

Orsen Wells drunk shilling for peas...

He's not the greatest actor anyway. I wouldn't be depressed if his career died.

Yeah, you're right, he's a terrible actor, eff him for having an emotional moment because we're all saints, right?

Now let's go and watch Johnny Depp be Keith Richards for six hours. What a powerhouse!

For the sake of his acting, I hope he doesn't.

There's a difference between calming down and learning from his mistakes. I hope he does the latter.

Yeah, you're right, he's a terrible actor, eff him for having an emotional moment because we're all saints, right?

Now let's go and watch Johnny Depp be Keith Richards for six hours. What a powerhouse!

I don't recall Johnny Depp screaming f**k over 30 times in less than 3 minutes at a co-worker.

edit - oops, link already posted.

Charlie - my 'ego' talk is just because I've seen many of these rants erupt over an actor making unreasonable demands or bullying someone because of who they are, and their expectation that they automatically deserve the best of everything.

That's obviously not the offence here, but it appears that Bale just got stuck half in character and went out of control. It's nice when actors are dedicated but...

I don't recall Johnny Depp screaming f**k over 30 times in less than 3 minutes at a co-worker.

Doesn't mean it never happened, it just has never been released. I'd like to think Depp is beyond that sort of thing, but you never can really tell. If this tape was never sold to TMZ, would anyone be calling Bale an A-hole at the moment? Its funny how people can have a change of opinion over a little piece of tape.

As for the whole rant, I think Stephen Colbert did a great job with it. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...es-steve-martin

I wonder if the Director of Photography will now secretly sabotage all of Christian Bale's scenes with Kaminski lighting....

Hey, Kaminski is a good DP!

Doesn't mean it never happened, it just has never been released. I'd like to think Depp is beyond that sort of thing, but you never can really tell. If this tape was never sold to TMZ, would anyone be calling Bale an A-hole at the moment? Its funny how people can have a change of opinion over a little piece of tape.

Well said.

If the tape had never leaked, I wonder if Bale would've expressed remorse or even apologized for his behavior at all.

To whom? According to his phoned-in apology, he's worked with that DP and spoken to him several times since, and gets along with him.

I think he would.

Not publicly. News of this leaked long before the audio did, yet he wasn't so forthcoming then. It is only because he now feels like a right plonker that he has piped up about it.

Of course, not publicly. But if it hadn't leaked out, why would he need to? He's not going to hold a press conference to say 'Yeah, you guys didn't know this, but I tried to kick my DP's ass, but I said sorry, so it's all okay.'

I'm sure we might have read about it later on, but it's only because the media has made such a big issue out of something that is certainly not an isolated incident in the world of film, that anyone really cares about it in the first place.

Sorry, I was referring strictly to the public [relations] thing. No need to be facetious Charlie - "press conference" my arse!

I'm simply stating that Bale made a tit out of himself and although his apology is well meant, it is ultimately the result of him feeling like a very public figure of fun.

Sorry, I was referring strictly to the public [relations] thing. No need to be facetious Charlie - "press conference" my arse!

I'm simply stating that Bale made a tit out of himself and although his apology is well meant, it is ultimately the result of him feeling like a very public figure of fun.

I agree with that. I wasn't being intentionally facetious, though, but I make a public apology :mrgreen:

This is true, but in his apology he did say that the leaking of the audio and the subsequent embarrassment was justified. In other words, in his mind he deserved it (which he did).

Personally I think the whole thing was made out to be a bigger issue than what it was, especially with all the other info being made available.

it's only because the media has made such a big issue out of something that is certainly not an isolated incident in the world of film, that anyone really cares about it in the first place.

Well maybe actors from now on will be more careful of being a*sholes towards 'common' people.

Personally I think the whole thing was made out to be a bigger issue than what it was, especially with all the other info being made available.

Finally a voice of reason.

funny you should say that as you were dead wrong on this issue, Christian Bales apology proves you were wrong.

it's only because the media has made such a big issue out of something that is certainly not an isolated incident in the world of film, that anyone really cares about it in the first place.

Well maybe actors from now on will be more careful of being a*sholes towards 'common' people.

Why? Anybody at any given time could have a tape recorder or cell phone recorder in their pocket and record anything anybody says, famous or otherwise, and use it to blackmail. Will the incognito digital paparazzi incite a new paranoia into the general populace? About as much as the threat of hidden digital cameras, cell phone cameras, or surveillance cameras has stopped people from dressing quite poorly (or not at all) in public.

I wonder if it was blown out of proportion simply because C Bale is now big stuff after being in The Dark Knight, which also featured Heath Ledger, who continues to draw sick amounts of publicity 14 months after the fact.