Are you still listening to the Indiana Jones Soundtracks Collection?

Josh500

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the greenhouse effect in cars affects the whole compartment of the inseide of the car.

But i suppose that if you dont live in a hot country it does matter much.

the hottest temperature I've seen in my car has been 130 F. or 54.444 C.

we regulary have about 20 days a summer of 100 F.+ degree days.

I've never leave my cds in the sun, I've never lost a cd to the sun or heat.

I've had a cd player in my cars since 91.

If you leave your discs in direct sunlight, like on your dashboard in a clear case or no case, then you might be asking for trouble, and I offer no sympathy.

Otherwise they're just a piece of plastic, with less tendency to warp or melt than other pieces of plastic in your car. The part that holds the information is a thin strip of metallic film adhered to the disc. What would go wrong with it?

My car never sees internal temperatures above 110 F. I'm worried more about people factors than heat melting my CDs.

I don't even have the set, and when I again have the money, TTT and RotK complete recordings come first... :lol:

Hey don't feel bad, I waited until now to finally get those two. I just got Fellowships' complete recordings to get then my set is complete. It's been well over a year now and I've just now gotten them.

I don't even have the set, and when I again have the money, TTT and RotK complete recordings come first... :lol:

Good man. You won't be disappointed with the LOTR complete recordings. They represent the pinnacle in terms of what a comprehensive soundtrack collection ought to sound like and include. The Blue Box may be in the same boat, but I wouldn't know.

Good man. You won't be disappointed with the LOTR complete recordings. They represent the pinnacle in terms of what a comprehensive soundtrack collection ought to sound like and include. The Blue Box may be in the same boat, but I wouldn't know.

I agree about the LOTR complete recordings. By the way the Blue Box is in the same boat. I mean it's got the complete scores for all four Superman films, including a remastered version of the first one. Also music from the animated series by Ron Jones. What more can someone ask for, for Superman?

Both the LOTR and Superman sets are worth owning.

The Blue Box may be in the same boat, but I wouldn't know.

It is. A fantastic and comprehensive release of the first 4 films plus Ron Jones' cartoon music.

Then it boils down to taste, whether you want to fork out the extra dough for every last musical drop from these franchises. I'm perfectly happy with the Rhino Superman, am not interested in the slightest in the other discs, but I felt compelled to spend a very pretty penny on the LOTR complete recordings.

I listen to the Indy set every once in a while. It's on an MP3 disc in my car, but the ID3 tags are screwed up so I don't enjoy playing it much.

Then it boils down to taste, whether you want to fork out the extra dough for every last musical drop from these franchises. I'm perfectly happy with the Rhino Superman, am not interested in the slightest in the other discs, but I felt compelled to spend a very pretty penny on the LOTR complete recordings.

I'm the opposite. I'm content with the OST versions of LOTR, but Superman is a priority.

Then it boils down to taste, whether you want to fork out the extra dough for every last musical drop from these franchises. I'm perfectly happy with the Rhino Superman, am not interested in the slightest in the other discs.

Same here.

Then it boils down to taste, whether you want to fork out the extra dough for every last musical drop from these franchises.

That's the key. We all have musical franchises we love and spend time making our collections as comprehensive as possible, while nearly ignoring some others. For me personally, the LotR boxes were produced with such care that I didn't feel the need to edit any tracks - I just included all 3 fan credits and some game rips for unreleased theatrical cues in RotK. Once the rarities appear, I can only imagine the chaos of organising everything.

The Indy box must surely be one of the few major Williams releases that everyone on the forum went nuts over (I'm not aware of any regular posters who didn't buy it) and painstakingly made custom versions. It would take a expanded Potter trilogy to give me the excitement some of you got from the Blue Box or the '97 SW.

I did even less editing on my LOTR CR set. Though in two instances, I did combine sequential tracks from ROTK into combined tracks because they naturally flowed into each other without break, but with my MP3 software and in my car, I ended up with blips between the tracks, and that's unacceptable.

By the way I would put The LOTR sets before Indiana Jones so I don't blame Chris.

yet, even you bought the indy scores prior to those...

The Indy box must surely be one of the few major Williams releases that everyone on the forum went nuts over (I'm not aware of any regular posters who didn't buy it) and painstakingly made custom versions. It would take a expanded Potter trilogy to give me the excitement some of you got from the Blue Box or the '97 SW.

Excitement is not the word I would use, Ar-iChuk

By the way I would put The LOTR sets before Indiana Jones so I don't blame Chris.

yet, even you bought the indy scores prior to those...

If I recall, that was because Trent couldn't find them. The CRs of TTT and ROTK have been notoriously hard to find in recent times. Couple that with the cost at some places.

Yeah, Trent bought them after because they screwed up the distribution. I don't think any of them are very easy to find cheaply even now except maybe FotR.

I did make a few early edits in the FotR and RotK boxes, including the full 'Sam rushes up the tower' string fanfare into the extended cue, but in contrast to my usual enthusiasm at editing music, I think the musical presentation here is outstanding (certainly more care here than with Indy) and editing somehow 'dirties' that, so I recently put everything back how it was ripped from the CDs, with only fan credits and video game theatrical rips in addition.

I guess it's about how much you trust a composer's judgement, and Shore I trust and respect too much to cut up. Williams is a different story...

Or you can buy it through their MP3 store for $23.

The only problem is that you're missing out on some of the greatest liner notes ever written if you get these MP3s. Unless you don't care about notes, I would suggest getting a physical copy.

Or you can buy it through their MP3 store for $23.

The only problem is that you're missing out on some of the greatest liner notes ever written if you get these MP3s. Unless you don't care about notes, I would suggest getting a physical copy.

Greatest liner notes ever? They don't even include a track-by-track analysis. Fortunately, those are available for free.

That book is going to be amazing. Any idea when it is coming out?

October.

Specifically, the first place you'll be able to buy it at is here

Hmmm may have to start that one myself if no one else does.

I'd seriously consider giving a vote to some of my Akira Ifukube CDs if I could read Japanese. ;)