Are you still listening to the Indiana Jones Soundtracks Collection?

Josh500

So much hype about this release just a few months ago. Now, it seems to me, it's (all but) forgotten.

Do you still listen to the Indiana Jones Soundtracks Collections regularly, or have you moved on?

Recently, I've listened to Indy's Very First Adventure (Complete), The Jungle Chase, Alarm!, and Map/Outof Fuel very often...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yes, I am. Well, actually, no, I'm not, but I'm certainly listening to my own edits of the music, which rely largely on the Concord box set for the officially released material. (The DCC release of Raiders still dominates for "Desert Chase," as far as I'm concerned.)

(The DCC release of Raiders still dominates for "Desert Chase," as far as I'm concerned.)

What about the other Raiders tracks, though?

For example, do you prefer "In the Jungle" or "Peru, 1936" (the DCC version, I mean)?

For example, do you prefer "In the Jungle" or "Peru, 1936" (the DCC version, I mean)?

I'm pretty sure I prefer the Concord versions. It's kinda hard to say, because I think my copy of the DCC release doesn't sound quite as good as it's supposed to. It's from a burned CD, and I think somewhere along the line, the quality went down slightly. I do have a full-quality DCC version of "Desert Chase," though, and I tentatively prefer it (editing mistakes aside) over the Concord version. Perhaps I'd prefer the entire DCC release if I had the whole thing in its original quality. Regardless of sound quality, though, I know I usually prefer the softer mixing of the tuba on the Concord...but I don't like the loud, distracting mixing of the cimbalom.

I have to say that I am not listening to the Indy Box very often these days. It was a sort of a tool box for making your expanded version of the scores so I have done that and am now listening to the expanded/complete versions. I sometimes pop one of the expanded CDs into the CD player but usually prefer to enjoy these scores the most complete form possible.

I'm pretty sure I prefer the Concord versions. It's kinda hard to say, because I think my copy of the DCC release doesn't sound quite as good as it's supposed to. It's from a burned CD, and I think somewhere along the line, the quality went down slightly. I do have a full-quality DCC version of "Desert Chase," though, and I tentatively prefer it (editing mistakes aside) over the Concord version. Perhaps I'd prefer the entire DCC release if I had the whole thing in its original quality. Regardless of sound quality, though, I know I usually prefer the softer mixing of the tuba on the Concord...but I don't like the loud, distracting mixing of the cimbalom.

Hmmm, as far as sound quality is concerned, I also prefer the Concord versions, but there was this (slight) problem about speed/pitch... usually I'm not one to let something as slight as this bother me, but I can't help but think while listening to the various tracks that the musicians were REALLY playing these pieces (slightly) more slowly...

That doesn't bother you AT ALL??

By the way, while we're on this topic of the Concord release - does anyone else hear weird distortion at 1:48 in "The Miracle of the Ark"? I never noticed that until yesterday, somehow, but it's really bothering me now.

Hmmm, as far as sound quality is concerned, I also prefer the Concord versions, but there was this (slight) problem about speed/pitch... usually I'm not one to let something as slight as this bother me, but I can't help but thinking while listening to the tracks that the musicians were REALLY playing these pieces (slightly) slower...

Oh, it bothered me plenty. Then I corrected all the pitches and I don't have to worry about it anymore. :angry:

By the way, while we're on this topic of the Concord release - does anyone else hear weird distortion at 1:48 in "The Miracle of the Ark"? I never noticed that until yesterday, somehow, but it's really bothering me now.
Hmmm, as far as sound quality is concerned, I also prefer the Concord versions, but there was this (slight) problem about speed/pitch... usually I'm not one to let something as slight as this bother me, but I can't help but thinking while listening to the tracks that the musicians were REALLY playing these pieces (slightly) slower...

Oh, it bothered me plenty. Then I corrected all the pitches and I don't have to worry about it anymore. :lol:

You mean the unsteadily rising strings or the horns that butt in?

I don't hear anything?

Oh, it bothered me plenty. Then I corrected all the pitches and I don't have to worry about it anymore. :D

Oh... :angry:

I think I'm one of the few people here who didn't do ANYTHING about it... :(

Hey you are not alone. I never did any pitch correction or some of that other fiddling to the set. Well except for editing some music together to make it flow better.

I don't hear anything?

The horns play two chords, one right after the other. The second one crescendos beneath the strings. It's during the attack of that second chord that I'm hearing the distortion - a weird, fuzzy sort of clicking. I listened to it on the CD itself, thinking perhaps the file got screwed up on my computer, but it did the same thing.

I don't hear anything?

The horns play two chords, one right after the other. The second one crescendos beneath the strings. It's during the attack of that second chord that I'm hearing the distortion - a weird, fuzzy sort of clicking. I listened to it on the CD itself, thinking perhaps the file got screwed up on my computer, but it did the same thing.

Hmmm, listened to it again, but I still don't hear anything....

Then again, I'm probably not the best person to ask this.

Yes, but not as often. I needed to give it a little rest after last year's binge. And I have my own edits I'm listening too also, not the straight Concord CDs. In fact now that my DVD drive issues are finally solved I've still got a little bit of work to do on ToD. Which doesn't involve pitch correction.

Listen to the actual CDs? Hardly. I'd like to, but my parents (especially my dad) doesn't much appreciate music that actually says something. He'd rather have quiet boring stuff. Recently I've been listening to scores I don't usually listen to, so I haven't listened to the Indiana Jones scores much in a while. Still, they're my favourite John Williams scores by far and probably always will be so.

I made my own edits and playlists from the material in the Concord set, using other sources (Raiders DCC, Lego Indy, DVD rips) as minimally and selectively as possible. TOD is just such a great listen now, I put it on in the car on my ipod all the time now.

Absolutement.

Mainly ToD and Crusade, but yes, I listen to it quite regularly. My edits (for the first three at least) didn't go beyond joining a few cues and adding extra boot tracks so I do consider myself to be listening to the 'box'.

No. Too much new stuff coming in. I haven't even finished listening to the first discs of El Cid and The Wind and the Lion.

And I actually listened most of the past few days to the complete Lord of the Rings recordings and am now going through the Blue Box again.

I have to say that I am not listening to the Indy Box very often these days. It was a sort of a tool box for making your expanded version of the scores so I have done that and am now listening to the expanded/complete versions. I sometimes pop one of the expanded CDs into the CD player but usually prefer to enjoy these scores the most complete form possible.

Ditto for me. Also, I found somewhat useful to have the cues separated, for my own iPod playlist preferences.

I do listen to it quite often. At the moment i'm in Last Crusade Mode, so i mainly listen to that.

I heard some of you complainig about the mix and audio recording but for me it's the opposite. I love the crystal clear heights and the differences in audio between LC and the other Indy scores.

The Indy Box has certainly improved audio wise and especially improved for LC.

The DCC release of Raiders still dominates...

The Indy Box release of Raiders was a hack job...

I'm still listening to it, sans Raiders, and I'm currently on Last Crusade. Although, I don't understand how most of that soundtrack can be sequenced like the movie, but everything from when Indy rescues his Dad to Belly of the Steel Beast isn't. And I STILL want "On the Tank" tracked into Belly of the Steel Beast.

Nope, I've put the set aside for now. I did some edits to Raiders, which eventually involved scrapping the entire Concord disc except for "Indy Rides the Statue" in favor of the DCC. I even used that dull sounding boot of the set for the unreleased music ("Washington Men" and "Bad Dates") rather than the final product. It's so hissy and bright. I also edited a few cues together, like "The Warehouse" and "End Credits," and swapped the coda/no coda versions of the Raiders March so that the end credits version is complete. Temple of Doom, unfortunately, is not something I have the patience to tackle right now. Correcting pitch is such a drag.

I prefer the boot for those tracks as well.

The Indy Box has certainly improved audio wise and especially improved for LC.

It's fine if you like the way TLC sounds on the box set; that's just your opinion, and I'm glad you like it. But to say that it's an improvement is quite simply wrong, because they used the exact same mixes for the TLC material that had already been released.

No I put the Indy boxset on the shelf once 2009 began. Didn't do any editing or combining of cues. All I did was load it on iTunes and put the cues in order from all 5 discs without any editing or combining.

TLC has always sounded fine.

It's a lukewarm performance by a less-than-incredible orchestra. Judging from the DVD rips, it was miked too closely or recorded in a studio with very little reverb, and the reverb that was later added was a bit much. The brass particularly has a muted sound to it.

I listen to ToD and LC each about once or twice a week. ToD I listen to in full. LC I skip around, too many mediocre/dull cues to listen to in full. I've also come to the conclusion that I don't like the End Credits from LC at all.

I need to let it rest, as some other members have so eloquently stated. Now that I memorized 95% of all the music, I need to focus my attention elsewhere (currently it is Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I love this score!) I have made not alterations to it whatsoever, and the only problem I can hear is the pitch. You know, maybe being half-hearing is not so bad after all....

Whaaa????

It has my favorite version of the Raiders March, love those trumpets!

Yeah, and those mellow synth pads... er... I mean French horn section.

actually they are all in my car but its been since Jan. that I've listened to them