What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

19 hours ago, KK. said:

You're still watching that crap Alex?

Yes, when I don't have anything else. It's on TV here and it's still better than NCIS, Castle, etcetera. I need a new show while I await Better Call Saul S2

Alex

Just learned there's yet another zombie show on the sci-fi channel called Z Nation. It has an average critics score but I noticed the user score was much higher and grew even more positive for the following season. Anyone seen it? Den of Geek seems to think there's some merit to it, drawing attention to its often humorous tone. It's happily appeared on Netflix this week, so I'll give it a whirl. 

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

No it was solid!

Walker, Texas Ranger was solid?! No wonder that you don't recognize the Golden Age.

On 15 April 2016 at 7:44 PM, Alexcremers said:

Pre Golden Age '80s TV, I suppose?

Yes, Alex, but only just. It was screened from Sepetember, to October, 1979, with "Smiley's People" in 1982.

Anyway, whadd'ya mean "pre golden age"? "The Two Ronnies", "Morecombe and Wise", both Pertwee, and Baker eras of "DW", "I, Claudius", "To The Manor Born", "M*A*S*H", and "Jesus Of Nazareth" were all pre '80s. I'd rather watch one episode of any of them against a whole series of modern pap.

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

Every.

Damn.

Movie.

Stephen King’s The Mist is coming to TV

(/book :) )

Old news, but it didn't have a network at the time.  Spike TV it is then.

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 8:14 PM, nightscape94 said:

We signed up for a free month of Hulu just to watch that show and finished it the other night.  I can't imagine us keeping Hulu after the month ends because there's hardly anything on there we are interested in that we haven't already seen.  We're using it to watch Mindy Project for now, that's about it

Along with the free month of Hulu we got a free month of Showtimes, but all the movies on there are ones we've already seen *shrug*

15 hours ago, crocodile said:

Watched the final episode of Better Call Saul earlier today. It was a solid finish to an increasingly more interesting series.

Karol

Good stuff, but are you beginning to see a reason for its existence yet? I'm yet to make a start on season 2, as I'm working my way through The Walking Dead and Trapped. 

The superb Icelandic thriller which probably has the bleakest setting and tone of any show I've seen, and it's exactly why it is so enjoyable to me. This is one grim town! The Twin Peaks of the snows, Trapped sees a taut and extremely slow burn decapitated cadaver mystery unravel the lives of the many interesting characters held hostage to a freakish storm in their otherwise plain little community. I'm halfway through and the tick tick of the expertly crafted suspense mechanisms are tightening up with each instalment, it's a bit of a gloomy delight if I'm honest. 

eEfUcl5.jpg

24 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Good stuff, but are you beginning to see a reason for its existence yet?

My biggest gripe about this show at first. I didn't see the reason why I should be caring about Jimmy in the first place. The writing from scene to scene was great, direction was fantastic. The show is quality in terms of production values, sure. And I don't mind slow pace. But it's sort of hard to see what it is about. The first season's ending sort of gives you some idea.

I think season 2 does a better job at fleshing out the concept. The entirety of season 1 was basically a big chess board where pieces just starting moving. And we weren't sure what the relationships between characters were and what to expect from overreaching story. In season 2, Jimmy's relation to both Chuck and Kim are much better defined. And through those two characters, it's easier to see what is Jimmy's actual story. Makes him a bit richer and human, if that makes sense.

Karol

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I didn't see the reason why I should be caring about Jimmy in the first place.

It wasn't spelled out enough?

9 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Hulu is good for shows currently airing. Criterion also puts a lot of their stuff exclusively on Hulu so there's that for "film buffs."

I scrolled through the entire selection of Criterion films on Hulu and couldn't find a single one I wanted to watch *shrug*

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles isn't  a Criterion film, Jay!

Why would you use something like that as an example for me?  Have I ever said one thing about that franchise ever on this board? Are you confusing me with someone else?

I haven't seen one of those films since I was 11 years old!

I guess so, which is funny considering how many crappy films he watches and how few films I post about here.  I think the last few I praised highly here were Under the Skin, Blue Ruin, Spotlight, Room, and Locke? Oh yea, I'm the perfect example of someone with bad taste in films out of JWFan members!