What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Boardwalk Empire 5x08 Eldorado

The way Margaret and Joe Kennedy made their millions though that stock thing was a big underdeveloped and confusing. They make it seem like you could make money any time you wanted by just getting a bunch of people to sell their shares and they buy it all back when it's cheap. Shame she didn't take a bigger gamble, though I guess 29,000 is 1931 is a lot more than it is today.

The final scene with Nucky and Gillian was kinda meh, you kinda lose the impact of Nucky telling her he won't free her when she's already been beaten down and surgically altered and seemingly mentally pretty empty anyway. I guess she got what she deserved.

The scene where L&L have their first Commision meeting with the 5 families of NY, etc should have been a huge event that a whole season built do, but it felt more like an afterthought here. Just didn't have the weight it should have. Ditto with Narcisse's death. He was a great bad guy in Season 4 and in the final episode of that season, he got the ending he deserved. Why add the actor to the opening credits this season only to have him show up in 3 episodes, for short scenes that didn't amount to much at all, never even explaining how he got away from custody. It was all lame and underdeveloped.

Having no payoff to the storyline about Will working for the attorney's office was lame too.

Capones final scenes where really good, first with his son and then in the white suit on the steps. Too bad the show skipped over the most important events in his life, cause that actor was really great as Capone every time.

And we come to the end of the flashbacks. In the end, I still say they showed us nothing we didn't already know, and I guess all they were really trying to build up to was that Nucky was a good man until he first decided to help out the Commodore knowing he had just raped a child, and then deliver Gillian to him in order to advance his Sheriff career. Which I suppose was spurned by the fight with his father, dime-dropping by Eli, miscarriage by his wife, and leaving of Gillian. But still, meh. Nucky's always been a bad man, and we didn't need these flashbacks to drill it home.

And the ending. I honestly did not see the twist that Joe Harper was Tommy Darmody coming. I guess it never would have occured to me, since Tommy should have only been like 13 in 1931, but I guess they fudged the timeline to have their ending. It's all well and good that Nucky sold out his grandma and killed his dad, and now he's getting revenge, but I can't say I was moved by it. It also makes the entirety of what Richard Harrow did in seasons 3 and 4 - getting Tommy away from Gillian and into a good home - utterly pointless since he ended up a murderer anyway. I also didn't like that the series ended before prohibition did. Surely if they had gotten to do their 7 year plan, that wouldn't have happened.

Overall a weak ending to what was a generally good - but never great - show.

There were many moments of hilarity scattered amongst the massive bloat and repetition.

Unfortunately a lot of the humor relied on referencing original jokes rather than writing a lot of good new ones

How to Get Away With Murder

Anyone seen this yet? I never liked any of the Shonda Rhimes stuff, but I decided to check this one out based on good word-of-mouth, and Viola Davis' involvement. It's ridiculous, laced with some weak writing and questionable acting, but Viola Davis is great fun to watch. It's like your typical primetime television, and though I've only watched the first 2 episodes, I think I'll add it to my more casual TV, just because Davis is just great to watch on screen.

It's pretty silly in its portrayal of law school/firms, and it doesn't exactly have the stylistic flair and humour of Suits hide it. But put that aside, and there is some stuff to enjoy.

Love it!

But with Yvette Nicole Brown gone, and Donald Glover still neglecting to return, I don't see it returning to form (as S5 showed us).

Homeland 4x05 About A Boy

Nope, still not digging the new opening credits. OK, the Carrie and Aayan scenes were kinda good this week. Still have a super creepy feel to them, but it's interesting watching her manipulate someone who is very easily manipulated. I can't help but feel like there's a twist coming where he expected all this to happen or something. Saul must be the worst spy in the history of spies. He couldn't have been more obvious when he was following Farhad at the airport. His capture made Marcy gasp out loud. That shot of him in the trunk was crazy! The blackmailing of the husband of the Embassy head is another good and creepy storyline. I wonder what the bad guys will do with knowledge of Carrie's kid and medication. I sense a baby kidnapping in the future.

Pretty much all the comedy gold is in the first 5-6 seasons, and it's been diminishing returns since. Some of the all time classic episodes are in seasons 4-6

127 Hours was nice. Trance not so much. Boyle is hit and miss.

Limitless continues as a TV series. Too bad it's CBS because the film with Bradley Cooper was pretty good.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/limitless-series-from-movie-bradley-cooper-alex-kurtzman-bob-orci-set-atcbs-1201268933/

Alex

I know, I know, sarcasm, humor, blah blah blah.

The film First Contact shows that killing the last Borg, the queen, in the past is enough to restore the correct future. "The City on the Edge of Forever" requires someone to die to reset future events. And of course "Yesterday's Enterprise" "lets" an entire ship's crew (plus Tasha, eventually) die to restore the future.

But if you are insinuating that someone in Starfleet or another Federation organization should send a single person back in time to assassinate an individual, a la The Terminator and T2, then no, I don't recall that plot device being used. Starfleet probably has rules against that. Oh wait, Katie Janeway violated those rules when she went back in time to kill a different Borg queen to reset future events.

Modern Family 6x05 Won't You Be Our Neighbor

ROTFLMAO Absolutely hilarious episode! Probably the most laugh out loud moments I've had watching a network sitcom in a long time. Steve Zahn and Andrea Anders as their new neighbors was inspired casting, and I'm sure they'll be sticking around. Seeing Andrea Anders just made me miss Better Off Ted all over again, though :( Enjoying the continued in-joke about Haley's pot use, and the bit where the Dunphey's scared off the neighbors they wanted by seemingly hitting them up for a swing party was hilarious. Also good was Phil's visit with their former neighbor, who had the neighbor who likes to use nail guns for fun, and of course the continued war between Jay and Closets Closets Closets Closets.

Modern Family 6x06 Halloween 3: AwesomeLand

Another very funny episode! All 3 storylines were solid this week, and I appreciated that they didn't overlap in anyway. It was obvious the neighbors were lying to trick them into changing so they would win the contest, but still funny. Another Haley smokes pot joke.

Oh god. Pleeeeeeease don't let this be awful. It's going to be awful.

Yup. Has Syfy done anything good? I'm not familiar with them.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine 2x05 The Mole

Another hilarious episode. Wuntch is a great addition to the cast for now and the running Giggle Pig and Boyle/Gina stories continue as well. I enjoyed the silent disco, the Jake/Holt scenes, Jake and Amy and the Volkswagen product placement, everything this week was top notch really.

Homeland 4x06 From A to B and Back Again

Wow! Homeland is back, baby! Easily the best episode of the season, with a shocking ending that changes what the rest of the season will be about. Sure, some bad writing got us here - Saul never would have been traipsing about foreign countries without a security detail, he never would have gone into that bathroom alone, etc - but the payoff was worth some shortcuts, I think. It's an instant water cooler moment, discussing whether or not they should have taken the shot to take out Haqqani but sacrifice Saul. And nonw they are basically fucked, with no leads on how to get any information on Haqqani, and Saul captured. Not to mention the information Boyd is selling to the ISI, who is clearly working with Haqqani. Homeland's back to being a must-watch on Monday nights!