What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I wasn't really a big fan of Richard Kind's wide mouthed character on Atlantis. It's in his second episode when one of the show's most enjoyable villains meets his unfortunate end. I enjoyed this show. 

16 hours ago, petaQ said:

I wasn't really a big fan of Richard Kind's wide mouthed character on Atlantis. It's in his second episode when one of the show's most enjoyable villains meets his unfortunate end. I enjoyed this show. 

I felt like Lucius was originally written with Bruce Campbell in mind. He would've rocked the role, while Kind was just irritating.

I enjoy SGA, but the writers box themselves into a corner most of the time. And I find McKay irritating.

On 31/12/2016 at 3:51 PM, Matt C said:

Irresistible (S3) - Wow. This is one of the worst episodes in the series, by far. The plot feels like a rejected filler episode originally written for Xena or Hercules, with a wildly miscast Richard Kind. He's not charismatic or threatening, just an irritating extension of his "Spin City" schtick. I ended up fast-forwarding parts of it.

Really? This is one of my favourites.

It would be so much enjoyable if SGA hired Bruce Campbell to play Lucius. He'd be doing another Autolycus, but at least he'd be more charming.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

So it's BREXIT: The TV Show?

I'm not sure....

56 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

It's because of shows like that people voted for Brexit!

"Wow. That's how it is abroad? Those foreigners look awful! We need to get out of the EU as quick as possible! UK FUCK YEAH!"

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

What? No it is not! 

What the fuck are you two going on about? BREXIT? 

1 hour ago, publicist said:

Carry on Abroad?

I can't stand Carry On movies (or On the Buses), but I bet Benidorm gets compared to Carry On movies all the time. It's way off. Benidorm is northern humour, and has more in common with Phoenix Nights or something like that. It's not "saucy" or "cheeky". It's vulgar, uncouth and cringeworthy.  

Is it Partridge-like? (i seen some episodes of PN and it was funny - with the bar wheelchair curmudgeon, right? - but somehow the characters seemed to blend to much into another)

I just have trouble getting all the dialogue and these exotica things are only to be obtained on dvd collections with subtitles. Which is why i never catched up on them since i bought some i didn't found that great beyond 'Peep Show', 'Partridge' or 'Thick of It'.

Do you know actor Steve Pemberton? He was the hideous "a local shop for local people!" woman in The League of Gentleman and you would remember him as the incompetent kidnap contract sanctioner from the first Happy Valley. Well he's one of the main character's in Benidorm, and his banter comebacks are hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

I doubt it's your cup of tea pub, or I'd be surprised if it was. 

Let's wait and see.

Tried 'Westworld' but honestly couldn't make it past the first episode. Switched to 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' which was more like it even though it has its flimsy parts. 

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Did you finish the first season Jason?

Haven't even started it.

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

I doubt it's your cup of tea pub, or I'd be surprised if it was. 

I could deal with it (2 episodes) though i doubt i could bingewatch with so many unappealing slobs on display. The only device i would have put in is a sly Bill Murray-type concierge who has to deal with the guests to ground some of the grosser stuff.

Just now, Jay said:

Yes.

I know that 

Spoiler

Geoffrey finally dies but I'm not sure that's enough to plod through the string of uninteresting subplots (particularly with Khaleesi and Sansa Stark)

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Like a Tim Curry Home Alone 2 type? That's very American...

Anyway, wait until Mel comes into it. 

No, no, more like Statler & Waldorf. Someone to comment upon it a bit more.

I can see what you mean, but the trouble is I can only imagine Bill Murray doing it now. 

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

But how many of them are interesting?  

Not many, bar the standard couple of highs I thought it was a fairly rubbish season. 

Shows on that list I'm excited and/or curious to check out:

One Day at a Time (I love Norman Lear, so I'm curious)

Taboo

Victoria

Frontier

Powerless

The Handmaid's Tale (most excited for this and American Gods, both are based on favorite novels)

American Gods